Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Broadband Router Aolynk Dr814 Error

• 17-08-2005 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm getting dog slow torrent speeds so i tried to map ports 6881 - 6889 to imporve torrent speeds from the measly 4 K they are at now (i had to do the same on my old eircom cayman and it worked perfectly).

I went into advanced NAT settings. Whenever I change the settings I get the same error every time:

webserver:Error adding NAT reserved mapping pool item0

any ideas??
    RS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

If you go into Security on 192.168.1.1 and then click on Advanced NAT Configuration, then click on Add Reserved Mapping. That has kind of helped me.

BUT, is anyone else having issues with torrents and using the net at the same time. I dunno if it is the router causing issues but when I am downloading, a lot of websites (Gmail, Meteor site, Google) won't work but some others do. Why is this? Then when I restart my laptop and stop downloads it works again but if I start downloading again, I can't access the websites again for a while! Any ideas before I crack up? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭romperstomper

i have already done that. its when i fill in those details and click "add reserved mapping" that i get my error (it immediately goes to the log screen). any ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

use a totally different port as trackers often block the ports 6881 and the ones nearby
    try a wierd one like 48213

doesn't matter what port number i pick, the error is still the same:

webserver:Error adding NAT reserved mapping pool item0

any ideas??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I know this is an ancient thread but did anyone manaage to figure this out as I'm getting exactly the same problem as the OP has posted up.

Trying to forward port 3389 for Remote Desktop from Aolynk modem on 192.168.1.1 through a DLink (wireless) router ip: 192.168.0.1 to my ip of 192.168.0.100. The Aolynk modem is giving the error message "webserver:Error adding NAT reserved mapping pool item0" whenever i try to add the NAT.

• Advertisement

i wound up buying an after market router from komplett "billion". excellent router that solved my problem. get that and chuck the smart one

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Dunno if this thread will help much but worth a look:
    http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=169

byte wrote:
    Dunno if this thread will help much but worth a look:
    http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=169

Yup, i've read the smart forumn threads on the subject. A couple of users reported the problem but a fix was never posted. :rolleyes:

Yarrrr .... i gots it working!

The problem was that the IP address i was trying to forward to was on a different subnet. What i changed was that now the wireless router 192.168.0.1 is now simply a switch and I'm using the DHCP on the Aoylnk. So now I'm forwarding the ports to a pc on the same subnet as the Aolynk (192.168.0.x).

So now i have the problem that the port fowarding is saving on the router but i connot contact any of the app's i want to. In short it doesn't work! Remote Desktop/Win VNC. I've forwarded all the correct ports but they still don't work.

Check out the attched ss of the router settings. The firewall is disabled on the router and the pc just for testing. Can anyone spot something I'm doing wrong??

This was way easier on the Netopia POS the eircon sent out. Worked first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'm confused at what you are doing. Are you directly forwarding the individual ports from the aolynk to the router and then directly forwarding the ports on the router to your pc? You just show the Aolynk screen and not the router - it isn't a switch , it's a router and needs to route!

Also I'm superstitious so I'd always forward the ports individually and not as a range.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

it isn't a switch , it's a router and needs to route!
    The LAN ports or the wireless router are just a switch - if you connect one of the wireless routers LAN ports to the Aolynk, then other devices connected to the LAN ports (including wireless devices) are effectively on the same LAN as the Aolynk, and port forwarding on the wireless router is irrelevant.

Hey,

I've got VNC & Remote Desktop working on the Local Network. But i cannot connect to my machine using the external address.

There is something wrong with the Aolynk port forwarding (or something....) that i can't figure out. To be honest I was thinking of buying a DLink ADSL2 modem from kompett but I'd rather no shell out 100 bills if i can avoid it.

Anyone see anything in the above attachment that might be wrong?
    Anyone on a SMART connection that has managed to do anything like this... eg: ftp/hosting http/hosting any servers/vnc/RDP/etc etcc

Advertisement