Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about making an IBB thread? DON'T

• 17-08-2005 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭

There is a search function on boards.ie here.

There seem to be new IBB threads every day talking about the same issues. Search before you post a new thread. If I find that the topic has been covered in detail I will close the new thread and maybe ban the Original Poster.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

IBB is 3 letters - too short for a search ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Irish Broadband, or in the case of this forum, look down the list of threads for more than three seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Just thinking out loud here, but remember a while back when the For Sale forum used to have a note placed in the compose new thread dialogue box, could something like that be implemented here? When you click New Thread, a warning appears in the text dialogue box saying something like
    Is this and Irish Broadband complaint? If so have a look at Thaed's sticky at the top of the forum and consider posting there, also look further down the page at the other forty hundred IBB threads first
    Then you can simply delete this bit if it's not IBB related or search if it is. At the very least it could save some hassle with moderating later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

A sticky on "IBB Technical Problems / Discussion" would do the job.

I know there is a complaint section.

Maybe the Broadband Forum need to expand further ! A new TAB for the type of BB:- DSL BB, Cable BB, Wireless BB

Similart to the Rec- Motors - ect ect.

just a thought !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Drapper wrote:
    Maybe the Broadband Forum need to expand further ! A new TAB for the type of BB:- DSL BB, Cable BB, Wireless BB
    Nah, theres no need. Its just user laziness thats causing the problem. If people would just LOOK at what threads where there, they'd find half a dozen they could post in rather than making a new thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Drapper wrote:
    A sticky on "IBB Technical Problems / Discussion" would do the job.

I know there is a complaint section.

Similart to the Rec- Motors - ect ect.

just a thought !

I agree!

3 sub forums should be created to Broadband as stated above as I use DSL and it gets very tiresome to sift through all the IBB complaint threads every day.
    - Cable
    - DSL
    - Wireless

Pretty simple and it allows the Mods to cull unwanted threads much more easily.
    -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

yea, great idea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

and Vsat

Advertisement