Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women and pints

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I do not drink but when I did drink (I started to drink when I was 20) I loved having pints of Guiness. Drinking it in a half pint glass is just not the same. My mum, dad and brother were amused that I was drinking pints but did not object, though they did joke that the drink was bigger than me. I found that a pint was very filling and I drank less than when I was drinking other things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

joejoem wrote:
    I will own up to the fact that it was me that wrote it in the fashion forum.

Firstly it was taken out of context. My comment was that I hate the look of a girl sitting down in front of a pint with a tight top on with beer belly and love handles hanging out from under her top and over her belt like someone squeezing a water balloon. Thats it! Thats what I dont like! If a girl has a weight problem, why flaunt it in those tops? why not dress respectably? Why not try to reduce the beer you drink instead of guzzseling it like you have to proove you can handle a night with the boyo's.

I love to sit down with a girlfriend and have a pint with her, I would prefer it to her drinking wine and being arse faced after two drinks, but not at that cost. Now before I get all the replies saying all girls that drink pints arent fat, yes I know that, there not! I am talking about the ones that are, and that drink pints and make no attempt at hiding it. If the roles were reversed and you were in a nightclub looking at a guy in a tight top with his gut stuck out the bottom of his top you might say the same.

I agree. I have a weight problem, and it's no excuse not to look respectable and presentable. There's nothing worse than someone who has an ok figure hammering themselves into clothes a few sizes too small, pushing flab that would be well dressed into the public view. It looks unsightly, and there's no excuse for it but vanity.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

nothing wrong with it ladyj,it's a great thing!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah - used to drink pints up until a point. Now I don't think I could stomach one - I just go for wine.

I think in this day in age it is more acceptable for girls to drink pints, for sure. Why in the hell wouldn't it be??

I think the whole topic is a little skewed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭spudster101

Lets face it ladies, ur hands are too small to hold a pint glass properly.
    Leave that to us manly men :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

eh i dont actually think id go out with a girl that drunk pints and i never did before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 SexyGoddess

Nothing wrong with women drinking pints LadyJ!! :D
    I dont think i could go out with a guy who would be so narrow-minded as to judge a girl by what type of glass she drinks from....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

It never occured to me before the amount of rubbish straight women have to put up with from men...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

rsynnott wrote:
    It never occured to me before the amount of rubbish straight women have to put up with from men...

Wow, people have opinions on things they find attactive/unattractive in the opposite sex. Big deal. Some people in here are going on as if womens rights are somehow being 'trampled' on because some men don't find their drinking of pints attractive.

I''m sure a lot of the same people would make assumptions on the masculinity of a guy drinking malibu and pineapples complete with little umbrellas stuck in the top, and i'm sure some women would find that unattractive too.

Grow up people, ffs.

Edit: yes, I did just get out of the wrong side of the bed today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

My GF like pints of Guineas. Doesn't bother me at all.

/edit
    actually, having said that, my gf will only drink 2 or 3 on a night out.

I think it's unnattractive to see a "larger-loutish" woman, who's out to get drunk, knocking back the pints.

Same can probably be said to women. In my experience, the more drunk you get, the less attractive you are to the opposite sex*.

*[size=-2]that's my excuse anyway:D[/size]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cotillion

Social77 wrote:
    Ah i finally get it chump,sincere apologies to you
    So basically if you put the word"like"after a word it neuters it and deems it unoffensive
    let me try it out.Chump you are an ignoramus who doesnt know what hes talking about-like
    No offense buddy
    Ok, you're coming off as a stupid ****-like. How does he not know what he's talking about? In all his posts he has given his opinion on women drinking pints. Does nobody on this site comprehend that some people will have a different opinion to yours???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Drunk people who can't handle their drink are genrally ugly. Usually from thir face hitting the ground too often (literally).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

LadyJ wrote:
    I'm sure this has probably been discussed before but someone on fashion and appearance brought it up in some thread so I just wanted to throw it out here.

Why do some people find it "unattractive" for a women to drink a pint?

Seriously,I just don't see the problem with it! And for the people who say we should drink half pints,I ask you this,WHY? It just means going to the bar twice as much! What's the point?

Please share..... :D
    omg i didnt even know men thought that it was unattractive i love a woman who drinks pints means they know a good thing when they see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Reading this thread made me think of Al Murray aka 'The Pub Landlord':

"Women drinking pints? NO! It's not normal! It's a pint for the fella, glass of white wine or a fruit-based drink for the lady! Simple as that. My gaff, my rules!"

*edit* His opinion, not mine, by the way. Before the female lager-louts here start ganging up on me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

I am all for women drinking pints, Don't know want anyone, male or female see's in those Alco pops,,, Uggghh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I have no problem at all with women drinking pints.

One thing I will say tho - If someone I'm drinking with (man, woman or otherwise) came back from the bar with a half-pint, they'd get a slagging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

I would encourage more girls to drink pints, as long as it's not Bulmer's, cos that's crap. For one, it's a lot harder to get totally sh*t-faced on pints, they being so much bigger in your stomach... Also, one of my best friends (girl) can knock back a Guinness, which most of my guy friends can't...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

larryone,I've had pints with you before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

you have?

*larry is lost*
    who is dis?

I find the term Mucksavage more offensive than this whole discussion about women and pints, to be honest, and I can be a tad the uber-feminist when the mood strikes me. Talk about what a guy said being taken up the wrong way!

Mucksavage, as I know it, is a term usually used in a derogatory way to describe someone of rural origin, and is generally used in association with the G.A.A. Having to continually put up with culchie/mucksavage slaggings gets a bit wearing, especially when the people slagging you are completely ignorant of how little of a culture gap exists between the rural and urban in Ireland. Neither "side" understands the other, and those who transcend the boundaries of either or both are laughed at by all. That's the first time I've heard the word Mucksavage used as an indication of what would appear to be an implied butch woman. How about the word be dropped completely?

Besides, I enjoy the odd pint, but nothing beats a double whiskey. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 yousowould

so basically, roysh, Blah Blah Blahdy Blah, havent been Orsed to read all the Mucksavages posts, but me and the Goys are, like, Totally cracking our holes laughing, and we're talking Totally here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

the_syco wrote:
    Drunk people who can't handle their drink are genrally ugly. Usually from thir face hitting the ground too often (literally).

Is that what happened to you? :P

yousowould wrote:
    so basically, roysh, Blah Blah Blahdy Blah, havent been Orsed to read all the Mucksavages posts, but me and the Goys are, like, Totally cracking our holes laughing, and we're talking Totally here.

Got to hand it to you, you're S-M-R-T. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 yousowould

and basically, roysh, quick as a flash i go:

and your, like, a M-U-C-K-S-V-G-E

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

hmm...well personally (being female) I can see how guys could think it was unattractive if girls were drinking pints. Like, if that's what you want to do, fair enough, but it does imo, look unladylike.
    I usually drink bottles (Corona and lime....mmmm....) or alcopops if in a club.

:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

larryone wrote:
    you have?

*larry is lost*
    who is dis?
    nah shes only messing...im sure she has never had a pint in her life... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

hmm...well personally (being female) I can see how guys could think it was unattractive if girls were drinking pints. Like, if that's what you want to do, fair enough, but it does imo, look unladylike.
    :)
    Let's do the time warp again..... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

let's have a round of applause for Fashion/Appearance.

isn't freedom great?

Advertisement