Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Favourite Red And White Wines

• 17-08-2005 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭

my favourite white wine is a chablis albert pic very smoothe and buttery . my favourite is tanca.farra, alghero by sella& mosco a sardinian red fruity with a great nose long on the palate no harshness loved it so much bought a case nearly gone .has anyone else tasted theese wines? :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Haven't had those, but here's mine....

Red: Chateau Musar.
    White: Cloudy Bay Sauv.Blanc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Red Wine : Brown Brothers Everton label wine can't remember the grape. :o

White : Semillion esp. from the Margaret River region of Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Not a red wine drinker but I love my white. Not a chardonnay drinker but what I love is any Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough Region in NZ. I can drink any of them. A particular favourite is Montana and the fact that it now comes in a screw top makes it all the better.
    Mrs A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Tizzles

bonkey wrote:
    Haven't had those, but here's mine....

Red: Chateau Musar.
    White: Cloudy Bay Sauv.Blanc.
    chateau muzar v nice from lebanon 14 % alc v nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Marqués de Caceres (rioja) is very nice red

Waiting for Heartland Directors` Cut Shiraz 2003 to arrive - its meant to be fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

MiCr0 wrote:
    Definitely agree with the above. The 2003 (pretty hard to get now) is marginally better than the 2004. Go to Spain and buy it for - literally - half the price it is here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭bladetrinity

MiCr0 wrote:

fantastic
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

This isn't a joke - Lidl's Australian Shiraz is one of the best red wines I've ever tasted - and i"d concern myself a bit of a wine buff. Utter bargain at 6 euro a shot.

As for whites, can't beat any Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough region.

I'm also a big fan of Gran Feudo Rose, altho I had the B&G rose last night and that wasn't bad either.

I reckon the next big trend is wine is going to be high quality Rieslings. Some of the Australian ones are fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

the Peter Lehmann (sp?) riesling is a favourite in the MiCr0 household

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

Red Wine: Brown Brothers Terrango (Australia) - needs to be served chilled - delicious :p

white wine: St Clair Marlborough Sauvingon Blanc (Newzealand)

• Advertisement
Advertisement