Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last post not being updated

Options
  • 17-08-2005 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

It seems that the last post column is not being updated with the correct last poster, for at least some threads

It seems to happen for forums too, the last poster viewed in the top-menu/navbar.

Example thread here. If you view the FS Comp & H/W forum (currently page 2) you will see that this thread has gline as the last poster, however when you view the thread you see it was actually another poster who posted last.

Any reasons for this, or is it a bug?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

clear your history etc,hit control+f5 for a forced refresh.try these.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

WizZard wrote:
    It seems that the last post column is not being updated with the correct last poster, for at least some threads

It seems to happen for forums too, the last poster viewed in the top-menu/navbar.

Example thread here. If you view the FS Comp & H/W forum (currently page 2) you will see that this thread has gline as the last poster, however when you view the thread you see it was actually another poster who posted last.

Any reasons for this, or is it a bug?
    I think this came up before and it was attributed to the delay between a poster starting their reply and hitting the submit button.

ie, gline started his reply before the last poster, but the other poster finished before him, or vice versa. I'm not sure of the specifics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Ah, that would explain it. Thanks CuLT

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

What about this one link .

There is a good time gap between posts and my post was not updated.Its in Diy and name of thread is Painting.

Advertisement