Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First post!

Options
  • 17-08-2005 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭

Haha, beat you all!

It's nice to finally have this forum, the literature forum seemed to get quite messy around July 16th. Once again, thanks to the admins for the wave of new forums!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

*shakes fist*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

**** I was thinking about this for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Good news that there's a forum, but it will hurt my street cred if anybody finds out how much I like the Harry Potter books...

damn :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

harry potter eh?!? i thought the last book woz crap...the next one better be the best seeing as its the last one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Redneck_Rebel

IceHawk in all fairness you never had any "street cred" anyway and you killed any chance you had with that silly lookin "hat" the other night. Im not big into reading (bad experience with a big book in which nothing happened) but i would watch the films so far they are all rubish. Im not trying to p1ss you off but they were crap and im not having another bad reading experience, so im not going reading the books. Thats all I have to say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

Don't let a bad experience with a book put you off reading, tis far too much fun. Harry Potter books would be a fairly good place to start back, actually - something always happens, and they're fairly light reading. Well, the first three anyways...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

...then it gets a tad heavier, in the literal sense

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It is a good idea, but I wonder if there is enough permanent interest to maintain a HP forum? I'll be keeping an eye on this anyhow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I hope the forum works out ... after all my hard work [typing that request took all of 2 minutes] :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

dudara wrote:
    It is a good idea, but I wonder if there is enough permanent interest to maintain a HP forum? I'll be keeping an eye on this anyhow...
    I'll make sure it survives, even if I have to dance around the forum naked to attract visitors!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I was thinking of creating some HP related competions...

The prize you ask?!?!?!?! Why, a beer from me at the next gathering. :) Or maybe I can get Shabadu to let you into LUBNiP.

Any Ideas welcome. I was thinking about an art related one using MS Paint or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

How about a photoshop contest? Take a random image and "Harry Potter" it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I suggest that no matter what the image, we just put the sorting hat and a wand in the picture. Maybe Buckbeak in the background!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I changed the competition to make it easier.

Advertisement