Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can second hand gear be trusted??

• 17-08-2005 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

been into the music for a couple a years, mainly jackin house gettin techyr n tribaly tru to straight Techno and am im lookin to get some decent decks n a mixer to get started,
    but am that secondhand is the way to go?

seein as though i can get 1210's and a decent mixer for the same money as some bog standard vestax or numark setup new, im left wondering if its worth me while buyin good secondhand or gettin safe stuff off the shelf, can the secondhand gear be trusted??

also any good mixs about the place of some good tribally techno??
    suggestions or info wud be much appreciated.

leo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

been into the music for a couple a years, mainly jackin house gettin techyr n tribaly tru to straight Techno and am im lookin to get some decent decks n a mixer to get started,
    but am that secondhand is the way to go?

seein as though i can get 1210's and a decent mixer for the same money as some bog standard vestax or numark setup new, im left wondering if its worth me while buyin good secondhand or gettin safe stuff off the shelf, can the secondhand gear be trusted??

also any good mixs about the place of some good tribally techno??
    suggestions or info wud be much appreciated.

leo
    u are never sure weather the person before u took care of the stuff ur buying, if u bought a set of technics for lest than €500 id be a bit weary, i reckon they were gigged quite a bit or worn out,cause u could easily pay €700 plus for the decks alone but if u bought some of the cheaper second hand stuff, u can also get a good deal, i bought some pioneer equipment second hand and they still play like new, vestax gear is pretty good , the mixers are good quality, im not fond of the decks , i have some gear on offer i need to get rid of, surplus to requirments send me a pm if u want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

If your buying a mixer be careful - the X-Fader will be first to go usually. Like buying a car you should try 'em out if possible. :D Also depends on the brand - the better the more sturdy (obviously).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

most decent mixers have replacable faders, as for the deck aspect of things, you should definitely trust a second hand pair of technics, the things are built to last... i've heard stories of people dropping them down two flights of stairs to no noticeable effect, they are INCREDIBLY solidly built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

aye. you can't go wrong with second hand technics - top notch build quality.

got mine for €600 not so long ago. apart from a few cosmetic problems they play like a new set :)
    (i also got a stanton trackmaster thrown in, so it was more like €550 for the set)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭transperson

i've heard stories of people dropping them down two flights of stairs to no noticeable effect.

and thats why im gettin em,

f*ck gettin standard stanton decks new when i can get technics for the same price with 150 records and a 6 channel mixer[mid range EQ's dodgy, but still] thrown in!

anyway, cheers lads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

don't share needles

Advertisement