Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Scripts.

• 17-08-2005 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed a fair few people mentioned that they write scripts etc. So here's a thread where if you would like to discuss your writing or talk about the best approach to filming it. (should you spend precious coins to shoot it in film, or would it work better in digital etc).

Once i've cleaned things up on my computer i will submit a few of my own little works.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep. I have a script called Perfectly Normal Sociopathic Behavior that I wrote a while back.

And I've always felt it could be filmed very easily and cheaply.

It just needs some pretty talented actresses.

I'll have a root around in the nether regions of my hard drive and post some of it up later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

well i said i would get some of mine up and here it is...1 and 1/3 scripts.

1 short film, its been up before. been intending to back and work on it cause its a bit weak at the end.

and the 1/3 script is a third of a feature length, its a mixture of fiction and fact, the tunnel in the script actually existed in sarajevo but it wasnt as long as i had made it out to be *doh*.

Both stories if they were to be shot would have a very muted approach, little or no score a focus more on still shots rather then fast paced high octane cutting and dialogue. I think for the visual style i want i would shoot them on digital.

please note these havnt been fully formatted to the *proper* script format as i am digging them out of my old email attachment history (the finished copies are on my pc in england...not here)

Just reading through yours now, Blitz.

Here's my one anyway. I've renamed it Polly and I've updated it to bring it in line with the Euro.

I'm not sure why it's in 3 scenes... I'm sure I had a reason at some stage.

Anyway.. a large influence on this was Emily Watson's performance in Breaking the Waves.

But you could have a lot of fun finding ways of shooting this.

You could handle Polly's multiple personalities in the same way the did Gollum's in the Lord of the Rings movies... or I really like the way in the TV show Spaced they handled the character of Tyres by having the actor play the scene through calmly, and then again agressively. And they spliced the two of them together at the editing stage with amazing results.

I wouldn't like there to be too many cuts in this and I'd also like to have the camera pulled back a good bit to allow the actors some room to act, and perhaps only move in for close ups for dialogue involving the multiple personalities.

I just finished reading Lucinda.

I actually liked it alot.

It reminds of some of the little short stories they'd run in the Future Shocks strip in 2000 AD.

If you are going to do something with the ending I think there should be a longer build up to the voilent confrontation between Kevin and Charlie at the end. And perhaps if it was sugested that it involved more than just fisticuffs. Perhaps if Kevin had picked up a blunt object like a lamp or something.

It's funny... I feel both Lucinda and Polly could exist in the same universe. It would be a fun project to do something along the lines of the movie '4 Rooms' were you have a number of stories like these all taking place in the same appartment building and perhaps tied together by a single character... perhaps the postman or the landlord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Just a thought guys, while you might be indifferent to copyright now, if the kernal of your ID appears as a nuget of another script, that could lead to issues. Maybe a few pointers about copyright protect, and a large disclaimer should appear in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

cheers.

RIGHT

I FIND ANYONE KNICKING IDEAS FROM THIS THREAD THEN I'LL COME AFTER YOU WITH A RUSTY SPOON, GAUGE YOUR EYEBALLS OUT AND SKULLF*CK YOU.

:D

Or in the real world this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114714

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Oh brilliant, now I can stop worrying about copyrighting my stuff. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

might as well add me own, it's called Turn and i hope to shoot it next month see here if anyone wants to help out

click here to read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I've a few scripts. I'll up my shortest one as I'm shooting. I'm going to do a small journal on here covering pre-production, the shoot and any post work along with the final video :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    cheers.

RIGHT

I FIND ANYONE KNICKING IDEAS FROM THIS THREAD THEN I'LL COME AFTER YOU WITH A RUSTY SPOON, GAUGE YOUR EYEBALLS OUT AND SKULLF*CK YOU.

:D

Or in the real world this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114714
    Hmm...theres a film in that.

Anyone have any links to templates for MSword or the like for the proper script format? Formatting myself takes up too much damn time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't have any templates but check out these links.

http://www.screenwriting.info/

http://www.joblo.com/moviescripts.php

joblo is a great source of movie scripts.

I use a program called Final Draft for writing scripts, it's dead easy to use and once you get used to it the formatting takes care of itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Bergstrom

Finaldraft.com is the best scriptwriting software. I've used it on 2 of my scripts. You should get a copy on ebay for around $60 or from the official site for around $250.

Brad

Advertisement