Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've gone oldschool.

• 17-08-2005 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Right, had a 7210 and decided i wanted a step back for my next phone so i got me a 8310 oldschool sexy little number. Obviously Murphy applied his law so i have a few problems.

1)i want to back up my contacts and everything from the 7210 (done this much with nokia suite) and try and move them to the 8310. Is this going to be possible or can i download something to help, because nokia suite wont let me do it.

2)I want to restore factory settings on the phone, problem is, i dont know the security code. What can i do about this.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Security code isnt 12345 is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

probably 12345 or 0000 sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

well, thats one problem solved. I tried 0000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

TimAy wrote:
    i want to back up my contacts and everything from the 7210 (done this much with nokia suite) and try and move them to the 8310
    Couldn't you just copy all the contacts on the 7210, to the SIM and then take the SIM out of the 7210 and put it in the 8310?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

thats a good choice. i love the 8310.i had it for ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,355 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

8310 is a great phone. Can't figure out what I'd want to replace it with - don't want most of the crappy features phones are lumbered with these days. New Nokias have lost a lot of the ease of use the old ones had. For talking and texting in a small package the 8310 is still hard to beat. Battery on mine is starting to show its age after 3.5 years though...

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement