Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a rock and a hard place....which bloody service???

• 17-08-2005 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

just got sick of IBB. got eircom in to connect the apartment for free.

have only two options - eircom themselves or Smart. others not connected in the area

smart is 35€ all inclusive, eircoms basic package is 29 plus 25 rental, plus 40€ connection.

problem is smart require 12 month contract - if you move you must pay the balance THEN start a new contract in your new address, thats if they're connected.

i know smart is theoretically a far superior service, anyone got real experience of this?

70€ a month basically for Smart - if I move in around 6 months. is it really worth it. and are they reliable.

nothing in this business is without catches. minimum terms should be curtailed as it really restricts freedom of choice.

not even gonna mention IBB.....lets just put them out of business

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

If you can get Eircon you can get BT or UTV. Personally I would go with Smart (unless you will definitely be moving soon). If not Smart then BT.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

And don't forget to check if NTL are available in your area.

Advertisement