Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone looking forward to the Machine Head dvd?

Options
  • 17-08-2005 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

It seems to be taking forever, but I read on the MH board that the UK release date is September 13th. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Love Hellalive, but wish I could listen to live versions of Imperium etc (I think I've worn out my copy of Through The Ashes). The only problem is, they aren't releasing a limited edition with the Burn My Eyes show like originally planned :mad:

Also, there was a recent update on the site from Rob Flynn, the show they played at Wacken last week was their last European show of 2005, as they are going back into the studio. New album, whoot! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Never got into them, though might give them another listen just to be sure. You might find this an interesting read.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Cool, thanks for the link, he's a damn good drummer! You should listen to Through The Ashes of Empires if you were going to give them another listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I have burn my eyes, the burning red and supercharger. I really dont see the fuss. Burn my eyes has a few very good songs, but its nothing special.

Ill never forget the first time i heard the burning red. It had a cool intro, and he started whispering aggressively, then he broke into a "It brings chaos to power" rap that had me in stitches!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Doctor J wrote:
    Never got into them, though might give them another listen just to be sure. You might find this an interesting read.
    listen to the first 3 tracks on burn my eyes and you wil see how unbelievable they are... if you still dont like them after those songs then you just dont like machine head... bummer for you haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Machine head are THE band.

Best songs are Bite the Bullet and From this Day I think, Through the Ashes of Empires is a fantastic album, their best I found.

I actually sold TTAOE here on boards for a fiver awhile ago. Kinda wish I didn't now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

burn my eyes is one of the best metal albums of the 90's.a classic peice of work.supercharger and the burning red are a bit crap really though.through the ashes rocks.the dvd should be class but i really wanted the burn my eyes live disc.that was what i was buying it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Burn My Eyes is good, but it has a fair bit of filler in it, which drags down some of the excellent material on it (Davidian and Block are great tracks)

On the other hand, Through the Ashes of Empires, which doesn't have so many great tracks, is a much better and more consistant album over all. I prefer it.

Where was the live DVD recorded? Anything from the Ashes of Empires tour on it? Their concert in Belfast last year was really really ****ing excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

gigs in belfast always tend to be brillaint by the sounds of things.i think dublin belfast and either glasgow or edinbourgh are meant to be all really good for most bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FatherWookie

Does anyone have a european release date for Elegies?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Does anyone have a european release date for Elegies?
    September 13th is one I've heard, but that's not 100% for certain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Yeah - I think Ireland (and UK to an extent too) in general gives bands very enjoyable gigs - we have the highest number of open air concerts per head of population in the world, despite the fact that they cost a fortune. We can speak English which makes it a lot easier for the bands to relate to us, as well as the fact that we can remember more of the song words. And because we tend to have a few drinks before the gig the crowd tends to be a lot easier to work.

I think.

So, any idea where the stuff for the DVD was recorded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funeral_forever

i wonder if im on it, when i went to go see them in leeds haha xx

Advertisement