Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Final Book

• 17-08-2005 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

I can't believe it'll be all over soon I wonder haw it will end will Harry die and Voldemort survive

Although I did hear something along the lines that book would end in the future after everyone that survived what they ended up doing.

Hang on that even confused me let me think about that one...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I don't know aboot Voldemort surviving, but the Potmeister certainly could die. Sniff. :(

She's very adamant about no more Harry. Probably a good thing, as too much of something yadda yadadmam.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Didn't she say she was thinking about going back and re-writing some of the first few books as she wasn't happy with parts of them?

What I'd be most interested (as I haven't followed the Potter) series, is her next project. Will she do a Tolkien and just expand on the Potter universe (more schools, worlds, blah blah) or take a totally new path? It's not unusual for a fantasy writer to stick within the one universe for their whole career, but then again she might just go for a totally new genre.

Re-writing? Thats......very odd.

Now that I've had a Ponder Stibbons on it, I think I remember her saying something about adult lit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I wouldn't be all that surprised if she just quit writing. She's set money-wise and probably achieved more than she originally set out to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

She's said in interviews that she won't be doing any more fantasy books in the same vein as Harry Potter and is considering writing some fiction for adults rather than children...

In a good interview on mugglenet.com recently, she said the only further Harry Potter related book she'd consider writing would be an encyclopedia-type guide to the HP world, and hinted that she'd only consider this as a charity book because she enjoyed doing the two schoolbooks for Comic Relief.

In the same interview, she also promised a prologue detailing what happens to everyone after the 7th book so you'll get to find out if Harry becomes an auror or a professional seeker and if Ron and Hermione get married and have lots of red-haired kids! :)

• Advertisement

Sleepy wrote:
    ... and if Ron and Hermione get married and have lots of red-haired kids! :)

:eek:

That means they'll have to have.......sex!

:eek:

That means they'll have to have.......sex!
    Haven't you seen the fan fic out there on the net? :eek:

Some *mental* stuff out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Ah yes...slash...But about the final book, there are some very weird theories going on out there, Harry's a horcrux, Fawkes is a horcrux, Dumbledore was really James Potter under polyjuice...opinions?

James under polyjuice? Thats the first i heard of that.....but i am 50% sure Harry's a horcrux.

The drama! It'd mean harry must die for the evil lad to!!!!

Or.......Voldemort dies and possesses Harry? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

on the whole horoux thing, in the OOTP harry felt like their was a snake rising inside him when he looked at D, I know they explained it as being Lord V etc but he had a monster/ beast this time when it came to Ginny - maybe there is some connection there? only a thought

Flashling wrote:
    But about the final book, there are some very weird theories going on out there
    You can say that again, however, most are easily debunked
    Harry's a horcrux,
    He can't possibly be, it's been mentioned that the creation of a horcrux is incredibly complex, can only be performed after killing someone and that Voldemort seemed to save particularly important killings for the process. Ergo: Voldemort was planning to make a horcrux when he killed Harry but the spell rebounded, leaving him no chance to make one.
    Fawkes is a horcrux
    First time I've heard this one. There's no way anyone could possibly convince me of this one, there's no way Albus Dumbledore wouldn't have noticed an object of immense dark magic in his own study (which also slays the notion of the sorting hat). And again, the only opportunity he would have had to make one would have been during his visit to Dumbledore regarding the DADA teacher position. He never killed anyone during this trip and Dumbledore would certainly have noticed the spell being perfomed right in front of him.
    Dumbledore was really James Potter under polyjuice...opinions?
    JK Rowling has said time and time again that neither James nor Lily will be coming back from the dead.

Where do people come up with this stuff :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Sleepy wrote:
    First time I've heard this one. There's no way anyone could possibly convince me of this one, there's no way Albus Dumbledore wouldn't have noticed an object of immense dark magic in his own study (which also slays the notion of the sorting hat). And again, the only opportunity he would have had to make one would have been during his visit to Dumbledore regarding the DADA teacher position. He never killed anyone during this trip and Dumbledore would certainly have noticed the spell being perfomed right in front of him.
    I haven't heard the theory bouncing around but I assume if people are proposing that Fawkes is a horcrux (or something similar) that it's something to do with Dumbledore (flying birds at funerals and so on as hints) rather than old red eyes.

Hmmm, I can see why someone might think it but they'd be forgetting that horcruxes are dark magic and involve killing someone...

Sleepy wrote:
    He can't possibly be, it's been mentioned that the creation of a horcrux is incredibly complex, can only be performed after killing someone and that Voldemort seemed to save particularly important killings for the process. Ergo: Voldemort was planning to make a horcrux when he killed Harry but the spell rebounded, leaving him no chance to make one.

Maybe Lily was the killing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

But why would Voldemort make a Horcrux out of someone he tried to kill about seven seconds later?

Ah! But what if he didn't intend to kill Harry?

*me grasps nearby straws*

So he accidentally cast Avada Kedavra on Harry, then? :p

Or was it the Avada Kedavra curse...? :eek:

Well, everyone seems to think it is - Dumbledore, Barty Crouch Jr, everyone... Also, if you look back to one of the books, I think Voldemort asks Harry how he managed to prevent him killing him...

• Advertisement

Cover story!

Nobody actually saw him perform the curse.

Man I'm really clutching those straws now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

all this speculatin' makes good readin! when's the next book due out? all this talk makes me want it NOW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

She's left an awful lot of stuff to be dealt with in the last book, and I am very curious to see how she will wrap it all up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I really enjoyed the HBP, but then I've really enjoyed them all!

I think she had to write a book like the HBP [which gave so much back story] & putting it into the penultimate book so the information is fresher in the memory when reading the final book!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Sleepy wrote:
    In the same interview, she also promised a prologue detailing what happens to everyone after the 7th book so you'll get to find out if Harry becomes an auror or a professional seeker and if Ron and Hermione get married and have lots of red-haired kids! :)
    <pedant>
    That would be an epilogue, not a prologue.
    </pedant>

I'm trying to figure out how she'll introduce Dumbledore's brother into the last book, and what his role will be....cause I'm almost certain that he'll be there. He's one of the only characters mentioned by name who hasn't yet played a part...so I've a strong suspicion he'll figure into things in the next book.

bonkey wrote:
    <pedant>
    That would be an epilogue, not a prologue.
    </pedant>

I'm trying to figure out how she'll introduce Dumbledore's brother into the last book, and what his role will be....cause I'm almost certain that he'll be there. He's one of the only characters mentioned by name who hasn't yet played a part...so I've a strong suspicion he'll figure into things in the next book.

when did he mention D's brother? i dont remember that one!

Cover story!

Nobody actually saw him perform the curse.

Man I'm really clutching those straws now. :)

yeah you are.....but that is all we will have for the next two years so clutch away....i will!

Wasn't his name Aberforth? Ohmigod, maybe he's RAB - after all he has an A in his name, and Dumbledore has about seven zillion names. Maybe he only used three... OK, sorry, I'm taking the piss, but still, he could be. It's one way of getting him into the book... As for him being the only named character not in the book, what about Davey Gudgeon?

bp wrote:
    when did he mention D's brother? i dont remember that one!
    Can't exactly remember, but it was something about keeping your head up... Possibly when everyone hated Harry? I don't know... He practiced inappropriate charms on a goat, anyways...

• Advertisement

Perhaps he helped Regulus drink the liquid? Come on!

Advertisement