Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike insurance - tell us your quotes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

inchiuvatu wrote: »
    Im guessing thats Thrid Party Only?

CBR600f4 (restircted)
    im 27
    full licence
    1 years NCB
    and quinn want €959 fully comp.

:eek: a bike like this without theft insurance?!...not a hope,

TPF&T

Might look into the FC tho dependn on how much extra it'd be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Who knows what would be average price of insurance for:
    18 year old, just learner. Some non powerful bike as for learner. No hearing/eyesight problems or any health problems. Approximately?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

k5 suzuki gsxr
    7years ncb
    Aon last year €240
    Aon this tear €360
    will be useing full trottle this year i think.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

arleitiss wrote: »
    Who knows what would be average price of insurance for:
    18 year old, just learner. Some non powerful bike as for learner. No hearing/eyesight problems or any health problems. Approximately?
    i had a cbr250 mc22 when i was 19 €3500 with 2years ncb and full licence,was with hibernian then.they dont insure bikes no more...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

i had a cbr250 mc22 when i was 19 €3500 with 2years ncb and full licence,was with hibernian then.they dont insure bikes no more...

So which insurance companies insure bikes now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

arleitiss wrote: »
    So which insurance companies insure bikes now?

Quinn Direct
    Adelaide
    AON
    Carole Nash

Quinn is your best bet TBH, especially for younger riders.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

:eek: a bike like this without theft insurance?!...not a hope,

TPF&T

Might look into the FC tho dependn on how much extra it'd be.

Mine has pillion cover too which is an extra 80ish. i forget that it's bumping up the price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

After wanting to get into bikes for years i finally decided to go for it. Now, haven't got the bike yet (or the training for that matter), but soon.

22 year old male. Currently with Quinn and have 3 years (i think) no claims with the car.

Bike i'm looking for is a new model (2008 +) Kawasaki Ninja 250R. They quoted me €935 fully comp on a povisional. €700 if i had the full licence.

Considering i was expecting like double that, happy out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Kev.OC wrote: »
    After wanting to get into bikes for years i finally decided to go for it. Now, haven't got the bike yet (or the training for that matter), but soon.

22 year old male. Currently with Quinn and have 3 years (i think) no claims with the car.

Bike i'm looking for is a new model (2008 +) Kawasaki Ninja 250R. They quoted me €935 fully comp on a povisional. €700 if i had the full licence.

Considering i was expecting like double that, happy out. :)

Your NCB for the car has no impact on your insurance quote - so if you got that quote based on 3 years NCB then the quote is way off!

You might get a discount though if you have car insurance with them too.

Car NCB != Bike NCB -- they are two different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

colm_c wrote: »
    Your NCB for the car has no impact on your insurance quote - so if you got that quote based on 3 years NCB then the quote is way off!

You might get a discount though if you have car insurance with them too.

Car NCB != Bike NCB -- they are two different things.

Y'know, now that you mention it, i think i might actually have put down the 3 years no claims i have with the car :o. Now, i will get a 10% discount for opening a second account (for lack of a better term) with them, but still, that's a mistake that's going to hurt the wallet a bit more than i thought. Damn...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

jameshayes wrote: »
    best money you will spend is 200 quid on an insurance assesment - if you get a grade 2 result you'll take about 30% off that policy...

yeah i did one of these a few years ago... itll save you a fortune in the long run and you get the benefit of training

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tico1300

longtime lurker but after reading this thread I rang adelaide
    00 hayabusa
    36 years old
    full no claims
    fully comp for €438 & change
    I was with Aon they're renewel was €480 so not a bad saving:)

quinn wanted 950 from me,
    aon wont insure me without 2 years or a grade 2
    carol nash want 780
    and when i told this to adelaide they offered me 666.62

unless when i call quinn and carol nash they work a miracle i think ill be going adelaide this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Quick question
    And I will call my insurance company tomorrow but just asking here:)

Do NCB expire?

I had four years built up with AON
    But for a variety of reasons I've not been biking for two years so I've had no insurance in just over two years

Do I still have my four years NCB?
    Or am I back to zero again?

ive read on forums it's got a cut off that might be 2 years... i would be calling asap to make sure if you plan on getting back on two wheel in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Male 29
    Fully Comp
    2 years ncb
    sv1000s

Adelaide - €727

The next best price was 1391 euro... Adelaide are awesome tbh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sebapl

Male 31

2 years ncb
    Yamaha R1 rn12
    Full comp. 699, adelaide

Few phone calls between quinn and adelaide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Male, 42, 1 year ncb (typical 40 yo back to bike after 10 year absence guy I guess)

Yamaha XT500 (classic)
    3PFT
    €226 Carol Nash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Male, 33, 5 years NCB with a full licence for 10 years.

Honda Pan European (ST1100) & Suzuki Burgman 125cc
    3PFT
    €315 from AON.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Just got a renewal notice. They're having a laugh!

3rd party only
    34 years old.
    10 years no claims
    Beemer GS1200
    €650!

How the hell is it so expensive for 3rd party only! Never had a claim in my life, never a penalty point.
    Did a quick check with the online with quinn and it's €400.
    Anyone know if the option of carrying a pillion makes much of a difference to the quote?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Paparazzo wrote: »

3rd party only
    34 years old.
    10 years no claims
    Beemer GS1200
    €650!

How the hell is it so expensive for 3rd party only! Never had a claim in my life, never a penalty point.
    Anyone know if the option of carrying a pillion makes much of a difference to the quote?

When I got a quote with Quinn 2 years ago the option for a pillion was roughly €20 more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

Im 23, full license 2 years and 4 years NCB and 0 penalty points etc on a Hornet 600. Just got my renewal there down 200 to 600 although the online thing will give it to me for 500.
    Dont get the massive flux in prices at all. When I was 21, just got the full and 2 years ncb had an SV650S worth 4k for 450 TPFT!!

Does anyone have any experience with no claims protection? not sure weather to get it??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Im 23, full license 2 years and 4 years NCB and 0 penalty points etc on a Hornet 600. Just got my renewal there down 200 to 600 although the online thing will give it to me for 500.
    Dont get the massive flux in prices at all. When I was 21, just got the full and 2 years ncb had an SV650S worth 4k for 450 TPFT!!

Does anyone have any experience with no claims protection? not sure weather to get it??

Depends on who you go with will dictate if you are entitled to it. I'm with AON this year and I needed 5 yrs NCB to avail of it. However, theft does not affect my NCB only a claim, which I do my best to avoid ;)

If you can get it for a few euro more then I'd go with it for peace of mind.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    When I got a quote with Quinn 2 years ago the option for a pillion was roughly €20 more expensive.

I don't get why 3rd party can be so expensive. A bike cant do that much damage to a car. I know guys in jeeps that have fully comp almost half the price of my poxy 3rd party!
    I hate poxy insurance companies :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Male, 26 years old
    Triumph Speed Triple
    3 Years NCB, Full license for 2
    €560 Fully comp
    (with Quinn Direct)

Adelaide offered me the same for €550, but out of sheer laziness, I said yes to Quinn when the girl called me back. I already regret it. (Missing out on Adelaide's open-bike policy!)

For comparison, Carole Nash wanted €2800 for the same, and wouldn't budge lower.

Male, 26 years old
    Triumph Speed Triple
    3 Years NCB, Full license for 2
    €560 Fully comp
    (with Quinn Direct)

Adelaide offered me the same for €550, but out of sheer laziness, I said yes to Quinn when the girl called me back. I already regret it. (Missing out on Adelaide's open-bike policy!)

For comparison, Carole Nash wanted €2800 for the same, and wouldn't budge lower.

Jesus, 2800 v 560? So why didn't you go with Carole Nash? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Morgoth

Male, 27, first bike so no NCB.
    IBT & AON level 3 assessment.
    2006 Suzuki GS500F with after-market restriction kit.

3rd party only with breakdown assistance.
    €367 with Quinn.

AON was over €600, didn't try anyone else.

BTW it was €490 with Quinn until I mentioned the level 3 assessment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

€375 TPFT with Adelaide
    2 bikes on policy. 00 SV650 and 07 DRZ400SM, also can drive any bike not registered to me with owners permission
    age 32
    Full license 6 years
    7 years NCB

Paparazzo wrote: »

3rd party only
    34 years old.
    10 years no claims
    Beemer GS1200
    €650!

I went with Adelaide, they were €400 for fully comp. €250 saving and much better cover. Definitely pays to shop around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Male 30
    Fully Comp
    4 years ncb
    Full Licence 3 years
    GSXR 600
    Adelaide - €580

Going to see if they do instalments, heard they were earlier this year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement