Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike insurance - tell us your quotes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Male 38
    TPFT
    Full license 8 yrs
    2 yrs no claims
    2003 GSXR 600

€460 Quinn Direct with wife as an additional rider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Male 47
    Fully Comp
    9 years NCB
    Full Licence 27 years
    MT-01 / Harley Chopper
    Adelaide - €410

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

Got insurance in the door €810. last year it was €890 thought it would be less :(
    Bike: ZZR 400
    Licence: Provisional

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

kevin-46 wrote: »
    Got insurance in the door €810 last year was €890 thought it would be less :(

Did you claim or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

Faith+1 wrote: »

nope 1 clean year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Faith+1 wrote: »
    kevin-46 wrote: »
    Got insurance in the door €810 last year was €890 thought it would be less :(

It is the age.

Insurance comes down after you get past 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Male 33
    TP F&T
    3 years NCB
    Full Licence 2 years
    CB400
    Adelaide - €260 (can ride other bikes)
    Quinn: 240 TP only

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

first bike,
    provisional,
    bandit, restricted.
    grade 3 assessment while doing the IBT,
    TPFT
    quinn-810.

not too bad! was expecting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Miglo

Male 27
    1 year NCB
    Provisional
    Dublin

Multibike policy for:
    Zxr400
    Cbr250
    Cb250

Carole Nash

FC around 1200
    TPFT 860
    TPO 710

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭human 19

Male, 47 years
    License Full - 13 yrs
    no claims: 7 years (never claimed in 13yrs)
    Suzuki GS125
    Garaged

Last year asked CN for 6 mths insurance. Was told I could suspend the policy in winter and save on renewal this year. Paid 285 for 3rd party only. Suspended policy for 4 1/2 months.
    Renewal cost this year = 263 3rd party only! Some saving

Liberty quote for this year = 257 for 3rd pty/fire&theft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Age 49
    31 years without a claim.
    €320 for four classic bikes that are over 15 years of age Carole Nashe.

Suzuki GSXR 750 1991
    Honda Bros 400 1989
    Ariel 350 1954
    BSA 500 M20 1937

Got a renewal quote for the above for €350 With carole Nashe, Let it lapse for 6 weeks as I didn't have the cash at the time. When I went to renew it it jumped to €480.

They have now lost me as a customer as Adelaide quoted me €363 for the Suzuki GSXR 750 1991 & Honda Bros 400 1989

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Male 39
    Fully Comp
    Full Licence 6 yrs
    6 Years NCB
    GSF 650

CN wanted €453, up 52 from last year. Eventually got them down to €339 (with Personal Accident, 300 without)

Liberty quoted €367.

Adelaide for €319. Went with these as installments are much easier to manage than CN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It looks like CN is loosing the plot to Adelaide in the same way as they did to the Norwich when they entered the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Adelaide are cleaning up.
    I was quoted over 450 by Aon the guy started laughing when I told him the Adelaide quote.
    CN was 367 or so.
    Liberty was something rediculous I can't even remember because it was such a waste of time.
    Adelaide did the business for 250 with installments TPFT.
    Ride other bikes and a few other nice things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

human 19 wrote: »
    Male, 47 years
    License Full - 13 yrs
    no claims: 7 years (never claimed in 13yrs)
    Suzuki GS125
    Garaged

Last year asked CN for 6 mths insurance. Was told I could suspend the policy in winter and save on renewal this year. Paid 285 for 3rd party only. Suspended policy for 4 1/2 months.
    Renewal cost this year = 263 3rd party only! Some saving

Liberty quote for this year = 257 for 3rd pty/fire&theft.

Did you try Aon? I have a Yamaha SR125 and i've found them the cheapest the last few years, think it was €229 last year, fully comp.
    It looks like CN is loosing the plot to Adelaide in the same way as they did to the Norwich when they entered the market.

Jeez , Norwich! I was with them when i first got the bike 12 years ago. Was with CN for, i think, 2 years after Norwich left the market and have been with Aon since then. Rang CN for a quote last year and they said there wasn't a hope of them matching my aon quote, 3rd party with CN was dearer than my FC with aon including (riding other bikes)! After my dealings with quinn (driver at fault was insured with them) i was so disgusted with their attitude that i decided not to even bother looking for a quote. Granted i may have saved a few € but i would rather have paid a little bit more than go with them.

Think i may have asked this before but is there a minimum amount that insurance companies will NOT go below?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭navangang

Jesus quinn/liberty must be f**kin me up the ass.all you guys are paying less than a grand,and im paying 150€ a month on a bros:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭stratowide

Age 42
    Full licence.2 year's no claims.
    Quinn quoted 301.Adelaide said they would match it + 45 for breakdown cover.
    Can ride any bike+European cover included.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

29, full license, 5 years NCD, street triple, garaged, alarmed, 420e fully comp. Opt in for breakdown, and their legal service though too, for total of 490

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Just got my renewal in the post today....

Male, 41
    License Full - 4 yrs
    NCB: 6 years
    Kawasaki ZX9

TPFT: €231 (or monthly of €20 per month) Not bad methinks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Simon300

Male, 20 years
    License Full - 5 Months
    NCB: 1 years
    Honda CBF 250
    Garaged

Renewal quote was €423.63 for third party only, robbing b******s wanted and extra €200 for TPFT so safe to say I said no!

Oh and with Liberty :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Male, 20 years
    License: Provisional 5 months
    NCB: N/A
    Bike: Honda Varadero 125
    Kept: Driveway

€760 TPFT with liberty

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

7-8 years ago other people similar age/experience to me were getting cheap-ish quotes from Hibernian, but for me they were always 20-50% more expensive than CN for no apparent reason. I was with CN for a good few years.

Last 3 years I've been with Adelaide and CN struggle to get below 50% dearer than them for worse cover. I can't see any future for CN in this market at that rate.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭ikb

Male 47 years.
    98 Africa Twin 750.
    returned to biking 4 years ago. ( Had to re sit test- due to clerical error on their part:mad:)
    Was paying CN 325 TPFT - when on Provisional and restricted, (Which I thought was OK).
    The Twin got nicked:mad:.CN were unable to tell me how much insurance would increase if I made a claim.(but did pay out promptly-when I did).
    Got a CB 750 F2y (00 reg),CN charged 85 euro to switch over the policy.
    They wanted 635 euro to renew:eek:. ( I thought this was very dear as I only get to ride the bike on the dozen or so Sundays it doesn't rain).
    Adelaide came in at 485 euro TPFT ( With no noclaim bonus- and asslightly more flexible policy).......?:)
    Do CN want out of the business??

ikb wrote: »
    Do CN want out of the business??

I asked them the same! I rang for a quote and they wanted €1700!! :eek: I told them Liberty quoted me €231 and the reply? "Jaysus that's good! We can't compete with that, you should stay with them!" WTF! Way to do business numpty!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭ikb

Boys. I dont know whats goin oin out there..... but its NUCKIN FUTS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I asked them the same! I rang for a quote and they wanted €1700!! :eek: I told them Liberty quoted me €231 and the reply? "Jaysus that's good! We can't compete with that, you should stay with them!" WTF! Way to do business numpty!! :rolleyes:

€1700??!!! For what??

Blondie919 wrote: »
    €1700??!!! For what??

That's what I said! They said it was, and I quote their words - "a high performance bike", hence the high price. It's a f**king 12 year old bike for Christ's sake!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

That's what I said! They said it was, and I quote their words - "a high performance bike", hence the high price. It's a f**king 12 year old bike for Christ's sake!! :rolleyes:
    Was it for TP? TPFT? or COMP?

dunner515 wrote: »
    Was it for TP? TPFT? or COMP?

TPFT. But in reality, it doesn't matter if they were supplying a personal security guard - that's extortionate!!! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Carol Nash sold the company to Groupama in 2006.
    Groupama are probably trying to extort extract every last cent they can from people.
    They have seen record profits in the last few months after nearly going bust.
    They don't care about bikers anymore they are just a big insurer looking to cream off profits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement