Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike insurance - tell us your quotes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Sagi

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

28 year old male.

2 years no claims, (one month from two yours full licence)

Cbr600f

fully comp with adelaide inc. breakdown/legal/pillion/ride others bikes

€320 euro. (down from €666 the year before with a bit of calling around.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

32yr old Male
    2nd Learners Permit
    1yrs NCB

1999 VLX600 Restricted
    Secure Parking Dublin City Centre (pretty much)

Carole Nash: 1st Year = €820 TPFT inc Breakdown and €100,000 Legal costs
    This Year = €521 TPFT inc Breakdown and €100,000 Legal costs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Looking for advice please:

I'm over 30, have the L.P and will be taking the full A test around April, so I need to buy a bike min 600cc.

I have 3 yrs experience on a bike (going years back) and I would regard myself as a responsible driver. The only bikes that really appeal to me are supersports ones, as such I want an R6.

Is there any company that will insure me on one? I can get insured on a Hornet600, but really dont want to have to buy one just to sit the test with and then have the hassle of selling it after so I can get the R6(can easily get insured on the R6 after I pass the test,)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Looking for advice please:

I'm over 30, have the L.P and will be taking the full A test around April, so I need to buy a bike min 600cc.

I have 3 yrs experience on a bike (going years back) and I would regard myself as a responsible driver. The only bikes that really appeal to me are supersports ones, as such I want an R6.

Is there any company that will insure me on one? I can get insured on a Hornet600, but really dont want to have to buy one just to sit the test with and then have the hassle of selling it after so I can get the R6(can easily get insured on the R6 after I pass the test,)

Thanks

Phone the insurance companies that insure bikes. There are only 4 of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Bawnmore wrote: »
    25 male, No NCB, 1st policy, provisional A (gotten 5 years ago now).
    '91 Honda CB-1 400cc

Liberty - €844 TPFT
    Adelaide - €483 TP
    Carole Nash - €530 TPFT with breakdown assist, 3rd party on other bikes and legal fees.

Anyone know where the policy document is available for Carole Nash?? Can't seem to find it on their site.

Carole Nash called today and now offering €509.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭stratowide

Age..43
    TPFT with Carole Nash..€286
    Includes breakdown assist in Ireland and UK,and I can ride other motorcycles.
    Not too bad I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Age 31
    Learner permit , 0 no claims
    Kwak z750
    Adelaide
    €782

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

stratowide wrote: »
    Age..43
    TPFT with Carole Nash..€286
    Includes breakdown assist in Ireland and UK,and I can ride other motorcycles.
    Not too bad I suppose.
    Awesome price

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

My insurance has gone from £120 per month to £32 per month. LOL

Oh and 25yo male, 3 years NCB, IT consultant, bike kept in a locked garage, bike '07 CBR1000RR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Awesome price

Depends on what bike it is and where he lives and what sort of licence and NCB he has. Little details like that...

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

20 yr (21 in 2 weeks)

varadero 125

1year NCB, passed test in September

450 tpft with pillion, paid monthly so prob around 400 if paid in one go

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭stratowide

ninja900 wrote: »
    Depends on what bike it is and where he lives and what sort of licence and NCB he has. Little details like that...

It's a v-strom 1000.Full licence.2 year's NCB.
    Just rang them up to see could they do better than €300.Adelaide wanted €376,they came back with €286.
    Happy day's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Male 25 living in Dublin
    1 year NCB
    Full Licence for 1.5 years
    3 penalty points :(

I regretfully sold my CBF500 back in November but am itching to get back on two wheels. I'm finding it incredibly difficult to even get a quote from companies.

Liberty quoted me €805 on a 2005 Suzuki SV650. AON refused to quote me on it which I thought was illegal. Anyone else in a similar situation struggling to get quotes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dceire wrote: »
    Male 25 living in Dublin
    1 year NCB
    Full Licence for 1.5 years
    3 penalty points :(

I regretfully sold my CBF500 back in November but am itching to get back on two wheels. I'm finding it incredibly difficult to even get a quote from companies.

Liberty quoted me €805 on a 2005 Suzuki SV650. AON refused to quote me on it which I thought was illegal. Anyone else in a similar situation struggling to get quotes?
    Haven't been looking for quotes yet but I reckon I'm about to be in that situation. Insurance companies don't like 22 year olds on 1200 cc bikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

29 year old male. Full driving license (got in December so I'm restricted for 2 years)
    2 years no claim discount
    Honda CBR125R 2008 with mods:
    Scorpion exhaust
    Crash bobbins
    -1 front sprocket
    € 455 fully comprehensive (down from €553 with provisional) Liberty insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭sean61

25 year old male
    99 r1
    New unrestricted learner permit
    Grade 2 assessment completed
    0 years no claims bonus
    Discount for having car insurance too
    €580 third party only with AON

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

sean61 wrote: »
    25 year old male
    99 r1
    0 years no claims bonus

Thats a great quote mate tbh :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

25 year old male
    99 r1
    0 years no claims bonus

That is a fantastic quote....however if this is your 1st bike and its an R1 I would deffo get fully comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

At your age and the type of bike id say your the insurance companies worst nightmare :D
    Fair play though!
    Stay Safe;)

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

That is a fantastic quote....however if this is your 1st bike and its an R1 I would deffo get fully comp.

I didn't even have the option of TPFT let alone fully comp. Probably because it's a 99 so it has no alarm or immobilizer. I got a good deal as I bought it from a friend so it's not the end of the world if I drop it anyway.
    I've had it for a while but decided to wait until now to get it on the road because of the new licencing laws & my insurance quote halved when I turned 25. I might swap for something a bit more practical in the near future anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I didn't even have the option of TPFT let alone fully comp. Probably because it's a 99 so it has no alarm or immobilizer. I got a good deal as I bought it from a friend so it's not the end of the world if I drop it anyway.
    I've had it for a while but decided to wait until now to get it on the road because of the new licencing laws & my insurance quote halved when I turned 25. I might swap for something a bit more practical in the near future anyway!

Lovely stuff, I was not referring to fully comp for you dropping it in the driveway m8. It was more in case you were a tad heavy handed in some left hand bend in the rain and ended up in Farmer Giles field or ploughing straight into little old lady Mrs O Grady on the other side of the road.

Its a very powerful bike and has happened to the best of us- no offense. ;)

Stick up a few pics of the bike, they are a lovely machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Pique

37y.o.
    Male.
    2 Yrs NCB
    '03 SV650S (Restricted)
    Provisional License

Liberty €531
    Adelaide €500
    Carole Nash €345

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Lovely stuff, I was not referring to fully comp for you dropping it in the driveway m8. It was more in case you were a tad heavy handed in some left hand bend in the rain and ended up in Farmer Giles field or ploughing straight into little old lady Mrs O Grady on the other side of the road.

Its a very powerful bike and has happened to the best of us- no offense. ;)

Stick up a few pics of the bike, they are a lovely machine.

Yes hopefully I won't become another statistic for the RSA in their mission to get bikers off the road! ;-)

I'll try get a few pics up at the weekend. My phones camera isn't working so I'll have to borrow one instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

30 y.o.
    Male.
    4 Yrs NCB
    05 Fz6
    Full License

Fully comp
    Legal Assit
    Breakdown Assit
    No claims protection
    Adelaide - €280

I got above quote after complaining about the renewal quote I got, which was about €70 more and did not include Breakdown assist nor the No Claims Protection

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Haven't been looking for quotes yet but I reckon I'm about to be in that situation. Insurance companies don't like 22 year olds on 1200 cc bikes!
    Went down alright. So thats:
    Male
    R1150GS
    Full Licence
    5 years ncb
    €375

Happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

25yo Male
    00 Suzuki Bandit 600 (restricted)
    Skills assessment level 3
    Learner permit

First bike and first insurance, €530 TPFT with Liberty.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Went down alright. So thats:
    Male
    R1150GS
    Full Licence
    5 years ncb
    €375

Happy with that!

That's cheap even if third party only (is there some sort of rule in this thread that at least one piece of vital information has to be left out of each post? :rolleyes: :pac: )

I'm paying way too much, have been for years, and I'm convinced that insurance companies hate me. I've been quoted up to twice as much as other people in a similar situation for no apparent reason at all.
    I'm 41, full class A licence 16 years, NCB 17 years, bike is sports-tourer rather than sportsbike, advanced rider qualification, bike is 9 years old, not worth more than 4k in this market even with all the extras :( , and I'm still paying over 400 euro full comp with Adelaide and others were even dearer :mad:
    I should be paying 250-300 tops. Dublin.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

That's cheap even if third party only (is there some sort of rule in this thread that at least one piece of vital information has to be left out of each post? :rolleyes: :pac: )

I'm paying way too much, have been for years, and I'm convinced that insurance companies hate me. I've been quoted up to twice as much as other people in a similar situation for no apparent reason at all.
    I'm 41, full class A licence 16 years, NCB 17 years, bike is sports-tourer rather than sportsbike, advanced rider qualification, bike is 9 years old, not worth more than 4k in this market even with all the extras :( , and I'm still paying over 400 euro full comp with Adelaide and others were even dearer :mad:
    I should be paying 250-300 tops. Dublin.
    Thats kind of worrying, have you tried changing details?
    Try a different address just to see if there is a difference.

• Advertisement

Fully comp! Probably should mention that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement