Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike insurance - tell us your quotes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

License:Full
    NCB: 2yr
    Bike:ZZR 400 96

Last month was renewal and they wanted €630 from €890 haha rang them last week as the bike is off the road €510
    they wont insure me on any 600 have to be over 25 bull****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

kevin-46 wrote: »
    License:Full
    NCB: 2yr
    Bike:ZZR 400 96

Last month was renewal and they wanted €630 from €890 haha rang them last week as the bike is off the road €510
    they wont insure me on any 600 have to be over 25 bull****
    If you buy it and then ring them to change over you'll be grand. I'm 22 and on an 1150...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Quebec Delta Mike

Hi,

Got my renewal today from CN. (with ten years claim free!).
    Age 54, riding a GS1200, fully comp, Kildare address, for €600.00
    Rang Liberty = €340,then rang Aon = €395, then finally Adelaide = €310.:)
    Guess who got my money?

Ring around, that's my advice.

QDM

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

A license 19 yrs
    2 yrs NCB
    Honda Dominator
    TPFT Adelaide €200

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

32 year old male
    4 years NCB
    '01 Honda CBR600F
    0 points

AON €1300 TPFT WTF?
    Liberty €600 Comp
    CN €370 Comp
    Adelaide €304 Comp

I dunno what drugs AON were on when they came up with that figure. Yer wan on the phone said "Please consider us when renewing next year" and I said "I will...

...in me hole!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

24 Male
    Full Licence 1 Year 7 Months (only 5 more to go!!!:D)
    2 Years NCB
    2003 Honda CBR 600F Sport

Liberty Insurance: €511
    AON: €2227(!!! WTF??:confused: LOL!!:pac::rolleyes:)
    Adelaide: €510
    Carole Nash: €675.83

All the above were TPFT.

As you can see a pattern emerging from other posters indicating that AON are indeed complete dreamers and clearly only want to insure a specific minority!

Went with Adelaide in the end as it included Pillion Cover, where as it is extra with Liberty, policy also allows me to ride other motorbikes as well which is pretty handy!

Can anybody remind me which 2 of the 4 insurance companies do multi-bike policies? I think 1 is Carole Nash but can't remember if the other is AON or Adelaide?

24 Male
    Full Licence 1 Year 7 Months (only 5 more to go!!!:D)
    2 Years NCB
    2003 Honda CBR 600F Sport

Liberty Insurance: €511
    AON: €2227(!!! WTF??:confused: LOL!!:pac::rolleyes:)
    Adelaide: €510
    Carole Nash: €675.83

All the above were TPFT.

As you can see a pattern emerging from other posters indicating that AON are indeed complete dreamers and clearly only want to insure a specific minority!

Went with Adelaide in the end as it included Pillion Cover, where as it is extra with Liberty, policy also allows me to ride other motorbikes as well which is pretty handy!

Can anybody remind me which 2 of the 4 insurance companies do multi-bike policies? I think 1 is Carole Nash but can't remember if the other is AON or Adelaide?
    I think its Adelaide, going from my last notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

libery 450 comp
    1yr NCB
    A - Learners
    age 31
    Fazer600 full power

• Registered Users Posts: 44 marie065

29 female
    prov license
    ncb 1
    liberty insurance tpo - €283.50
    nsr 80 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Got mine today, €246 for the OH's Super Four. Which isn't bad considering I was in an accident back in September and the prick claimed off me even though it was his fault!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Got a quote from Adalaide for my soon to be new bike, a 2007 Rocket III, 3 years NCB, Male, 34 years young, €517 Fully Comp.

Didn't bother calling the rest of the bunch as they've all been consistently nearly double for other quotes. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

KTRIC wrote: »
    Got a quote from Adalaide for my soon to be new bike, a 2007 Rocket III, 3 years NCB, Male, 34 years young, €517 Fully Comp.

Didn't bother calling the rest of the bunch as they've all been consistently nearly double for other quotes. :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with that mate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 wolfdub

Be careful and be sure to check your policy with Adelaide (and everyone else).
    Adelaide are underwritten by RSA where there are two social and domestic classes.
    One with commuting and one excluding commuting.

Easy to get caught out thinking your getting a good cheap insurance cover but your not getting the right cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

wolfdub wrote: »
    Be careful and be sure to check your policy with Adelaide (and everyone else).
    Adelaide are underwritten by RSA where there are two social and domestic classes.
    One with commuting and one excluding commuting.

Easy to get caught out thinking your getting a good cheap insurance cover but your not getting the right cover.

The thing about commuting, how do they prove you were "commuting" when you had a crash. You could have been on a day off and just going for a ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭batman_oh

This year I paid 575 tpft with Adelaide
    32 with full ncb
    2009 Yamaha R1 plus 2010 KTM 990SMR
    Not overly impressed but they wanted quite a lot more before I told them Aon were quoting me much cheaper amounts

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

First time biker here.

Only got my first quote on Friday for 550euros.

28 years old. 0 NCB. 3rd LP, but never sat on a bike before. And bike is 93 Cb400

• Registered Users Posts: 2 moorfaze

hi, i got good quote from adelaide. def better than cn.
    and they do dd, i paid a deposit of about 15% approx and then 10 monthly repayments.
    i am on here looking for a bike mechanic in tallaght/clondalkin area, if anyone could recommend one. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭thecivvie

2 years no claims, full licence 2 years for Honda Deauville and BMW K1100LT

CN Original TP €454 €200 excess, Breakdown
    Adelaide TPFT €391 €250 excess, Breakdown, any other bike
    MCE TPFT €313 €700 excess, any other bike No Breakdown
    CN TPFT €337 €200 excess, Breakdown, any other bike

CN do offer the dna kit as part of the package for the first bike. I have helmet and leathers insurance with CN so will stick there

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Nice price from MCE but one hell of an excess!

Soundman wrote: »
    Nice price from MCE but one hell of an excess!

Too much for me and lack of any breakdown cover, only used it once but still would prefer to have it

• Advertisement

thecivvie wrote: »
    Too much for me and lack of any breakdown cover, only used it once but still would prefer to have it

I misread your post. I thought it said that there was breakdown cover. That's not good at all. Is that standard or is your bike too old or something?

Soundman wrote: »
    I misread your post. I thought it said that there was breakdown cover. That's not good at all. Is that standard or is your bike too old or something?

I have 2 bikes, a BMW K1100LT 92 reg and a Honda deauville 650 00 reg, the quote is for both, but yes I guess the age goes against them

Strange that. I am with CN and my bike is 14 years old. No bother getting cover for breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,212 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Guys is there any insurance broker that deals with all the insurance company's?

So far i've tried,

Aon
    AXA
    Liberty
    Carol Nash
    Adelaide
    MCE

Who's left to try?

Guys is there any insurance broker that deals with all the insurance company's?

So far i've tried,

Aon
    AXA
    Liberty
    Carol Nash
    Adelaide
    MCE

Who's left to try?
    Thats it. This is a great time for bike insurance, I can remember when there was only one, NU.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Do any companies do car/bike insurance combined? Hoping to get it cheaper considering I can only be driving one at a time.
    Or is it just better to do it separate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Do any companies do car/bike insurance combined? Hoping to get it cheaper considering I can only be driving one at a time.
    Or is it just better to do it separate?

The only person who knows where to get a bike and car covered under one policy in Ireland is paddy147:
    paddy147 wrote: »
    I only have 1 policy and have my cars,jeep and bike covered on it,the bike being my Ducati 996.:)

You might want to ask him. :rolleyes::p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

CN do a 'six wheel' policy (combined car and bike) - dunno if any good mind you...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

P.C. wrote: »
    The only person who knows where to get a bike and car covered under one policy in Ireland is paddy147:

You might want to ask him. :rolleyes::p
    Highly unusual for paddy to post rubbish :pac:
    Wossack wrote: »
    CN do a 'six wheel' policy (combined car and bike) - dunno if any good mind you...

I googled it, I think it's UK only. Which is a pity, CN gave me a decent quote earlier in the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

ah, maybe not so..! Im guessing fleet insurance so

just sorted mine out yesterday with adelaide - 30, full license, dublin, full NCB, fully comp, 08 street triple & 05 zx6r, garaged, alarm/immob for 450. Down from 560 odd after a bit of haggling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement