Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike insurance - tell us your quotes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Give Adelaide a call.
    They seem to quote decent prices, and they do breakdown cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

With Liberty myself, have been for a few years now. NCB protection is really handy. I didn't realise it until a recent unfortunate event. My own bike is in bits after a crash, so using the GF's Super Four. Renewal was recently and even with a claim put in against me (and it wasn't my fault, but that's a whole other story) I still got insurance for €220. Basically my NCB went back from full (5 years) to 3 years.

I've heard Adelaide are really good. Carole Nash are rip off merchants, speaking from my own experience with them of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

€449.55 3rd party f&t.on a Bandit 600 1 year ncb on a provision, 27 years old. That's with Carole Nash. Waiting for Adelaide to ring me back, they said they would beat any quote.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So I called Adelaide and they asked me if my bike was modified at all. It has a non standard exhaust that was on it before I bought it. They said they could not quote me until they learn more about the exhaust. I told them the max (Racefit) as its all I know. They called me back 20 mins later to say sorry my application has been rejected and they won't quote me.

For a F**king exhaust??? Tossers...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Zascar wrote: »
    So I called Adelaide and they asked me if my bike was modified at all. It has a non standard exhaust that was on it before I bought it. They said they could not quote me until they learn more about the exhaust. I told them the max (Racefit) as its all I know. They called me back 20 mins later to say sorry my application has been rejected and they won't quote me.

For a F**king exhaust??? Tossers...

I never told them about the ART exhausts on my SV. Tbh it never crossed my mind to mention it to them until now...

• Advertisement

Adelaide got back to me and said they couldn't get near C+N's quote.
    They said they would be at least 100 extra.
    Going with C+N.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Male 27
    4 year NCB
    3 year full A licence
    Yamaha XJ6

Renewed last week - €262 with Adelaide :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

P.K.M. wrote: »
    With Liberty myself, have been for a few years now. NCB protection is really handy. I didn't realise it until a recent unfortunate event. My own bike is in bits after a crash, so using the GF's Super Four. Renewal was recently and even with a claim put in against me (and it wasn't my fault, but that's a whole other story) I still got insurance for €220. Basically my NCB went back from full (5 years) to 3 years.

I've heard Adelaide are really good. Carole Nash are rip off merchants, speaking from my own experience with them of course.

Historically, I'd agree with you about C-N. They wouldn't honour my SO's 16yrs of NCB after being just over the renewal time before - due to maternity leave. It put my SO off bikes for........10 years ?

They have NEVER been able to give me a competitive quote - ever.

Anyhoo, with a vengeance I got her back on an SV650S of her own last year, with Liberty, and she now has 1yrs NCB. Renewal from Liberty was €257. Can't complain. But she wants to ride one of my bikes every now and then (Vespa PX125) but Liberty said No Frickin' Way. AON wouldn't quote at all (??). Couldn't add her as a rider to the bike on my policy as I have a 'rider policy' which is a multi-bike one. So, renewed with Liberty yesterday so, as her policy is up tomorrow.

Anyhoo, I tried C-N for the craic, this am: €267 with riding of other bikes, breakdown, free DNA kit, legal cover, breakdown cover.

So rang up Liberty, cancelled renewal, and 'moved house'.

At this stage it's what suits us, so sucked it up on the principle.

My own renewal in April was €290 for my H-D 1450, Aprilia 500 and Vespa 125. Mustn't grumble, really.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gunning84

Im 29, full licence for 3 years, 5 years no claims, 335 euro on a 09 blade with adelaide, not bad its fully comp with brake down assist, riding other bikes third party, pillion cover and have my cbr600rr 08 insured for 50 euro due to there multi bike policy... Cant complain

chrismon wrote: »
    €449.55 3rd party f&t.on a Bandit 600 1 year ncb on a provision, 27 years old. That's with Carole Nash. Waiting for Adelaide to ring me back, they said they would beat any quote.

Didn't get back to C+N because I was out of the country.
    They rang me today and changed the quote to 403 with commuting added.
    Delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Full license 17 years.
    NCB 2 years ( Let it lapse)
    1996 Suzuki Intruder 803.
    Third Party Only

Adelaide quote today....190 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Sagi

So i called them all Liberty, Adelaide, EMC, AON.... noone wanted to give me a quote exept liberty

I am 30 years old on a provisional A license, have just recently done my IBT, have no bonuses and will be on a Honda NX 250

I'l have to pay 789€ for the fully comprehensive insurance, seems to be quite expensive for my tast but as it is the only quote I have I'll go for it.

Sagi wrote: »
    So i called them all Liberty, Adelaide, EMC, AON.... noone wanted to give me a quote exept liberty

I am 30 years old on a provisional A license, have just recently done my IBT, have no bonuses and will be on a Honda NX 250

I'l have to pay 789€ for the fully comprehensive insurance, seems to be quite expensive for my tast but as it is the only quote I have I'll go for it.

Did you try Carole Nash?
    That sounds like a very high price, where are you living? Bikes get stolen there much? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Sagi

I live in Cork I also called carol nash, but they did not give me a quote at all I think it is mainly because I'm a beginner and I just moved to Ireland last year, emc and adelaide told me that they would not give me a quote unless I'm a resident here for 3 years.

Sagi wrote: »
    I live in Cork I also called carol nash, but they did not give me a quote at all I think it is mainly because I'm a beginner andI just moved to Ireland last year , emc and adelaide told me that they would not give me a quote unless I'm a resident here for 3 years.

Theres your problem there unfortunatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Male, 24, 1 year NCB, Fully Comp.

125 Varadero, 2004 model.

Liberty Quoted me 579.... and I thought that was good.... Gonna ring Adelaide tomorrow. Aon can just go fcuk themselves with their 1800.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Liberty Quoted me 579.... and I thought that was good.... Gonna ring Adelaide tomorrow. Aon can just go fcuk themselves with their 1800.

Get yourself a third party quote aswell, im payin 400€ in installments over the year. Have a 500cc, 21, 1yr NCB. I actually found it cheaper to get insurance on the 500 the my vara. Would have thought yours be cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

Adelaide don't quote 125 cc bikes..no idea why..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Male 28

Fazer fz6

Provisional A

No NCB

Carol Nash 580.

Was happy enough with it compared to some others i got, liberty were also very competitive, not bad for a first time biker and a first time insurance.

Male 33
    Yamaha MT-01
    Fully comp.
    €305 with AON

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

Got my renewal with Liberty:

Bike: VFR800fi
    Learner permit unrestricted.
    Level 2 skills assessment (starts at level 4 and goes to level 1)
    1 years NCB
    28 years old.
    €429.80 with tpft, breakdown cover.

Carroll Nash said they would contact me to see if they could match it but didn't get back to me. (had quoted around €100 more including legal cover)

Adelaide phoned me. In the end cause I signed up there and then I got

Fully comp, europe wide breakdown cover- €405.

Not bad I reckon considering a few months ago I had serious difficulty getting cover on the VFR after changing bikes.

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Male 33
    Yamaha MT-01
    Fully comp.
    €305 with AON

Male 48 / Dublin 24
    9 years NCB
    Yamaha MT-01/Harley Davidson XLH 1200
    Fully Comp €355 Adelaide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Male, 26, 1st time insurance (No NCB) living in Galway
    Honda CB1
    3rdPF&T with legal cover and breakdown assist with CN

€450

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Male, 23, 1st time insurance.
    Bandit 600S
    3rd party

314e with level 2 liberty

• Registered Users Posts: 44 FarmersSon

Male, 32, 2010 CBR125 R, 3 years NCB.

£98.00 tpft. Autoline Insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Anyone have a car and bike policy? Am i right in thinking only Liberty do both?

I would like to think the discount would be considerable considering you can only drive one at a time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

infacteh wrote: »
    Anyone have a car and bike policy? Am i right in thinking only Liberty do both?

I would like to think the discount would be considerable considering you can only drive one at a time!

You are right in thinking they insure both cars and bikes but they will be two seperate policies with a 10% discount at best on one as you have another policy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

goodlad wrote: »
    You are right in thinking they insure both cars and bikes but they will be two seperate policies with a 10% discount at best on one as you have another policy with them.

That's what I figured. It always surprises me companies actively seek your other business, ie my house there are 2 car policies, a house policy, and hopefully a bike policy soon. The 3 policies we currently have are with 3 different companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Wossack wrote: »

Takes you to a UK site, and their '6 wheel' policy is only available to UK resident.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement