Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike insurance - tell us your quotes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Provisional A2 license
    Yamaha XV125
    New to biking, so no NCB.

It's a 2nd hand bike so didn't see the point in going for anything above Third Party. All the below are TP only.

Liberty: €788
    MCE: €584
    Carole Nash: €541
    Axa: Can't remember exactly but it was around €640

Adelaide refused to cover me, as I'm under 30 and without any prior motorcycle history.

Went for Carole Nash. Seems grand so far, they give European cover and gave me a free DNA+ kit with the bike to make tracing easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Lockstep wrote: »
    Provisional A2 license
    Yamaha XV125
    New to biking, so no NCB.

It's a 2nd hand bike so didn't see the point in going for anything above Third Party. All the below are TP only.

Liberty: €788
    MCE: €584
    Carole Nash: €541
    Axa: Can't remember exactly but it was around €640

Adelaide refused to cover me, as I'm under 30 and without any prior motorcycle history.

Went for Carole Nash. Seems grand so far, they give European cover and gave me a free DNA+ kit with the bike to make tracing easier.

Adelaide don't insure bikes under 126cc anyway unfortunately :(
    According to their website "Republic of Ireland bikers: Age 25-69 inclusive acceptable with engine size 126cc or over"

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭sean61

Provisional A (at time of renewal)
    2006 GSXR 1000 & 1990 VFR 750
    TP only
    1 year no claims
    Grade 2 assesment done
    6 wheel discount for having cage insurance too
    €550 AON

Good quote but fully comp is over double the price because the VFR has no alarm or immobiliser

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Xaime

I pay €270 with AON

43 year old male Honda CBF250cc

Getting an er 6n in June so it will go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

06 Bandit 650. 26yo permit holder. Starting my second year on the bike so 1 year no claims.

Last year could only get insured with Liberty, TPFT for 760.

They sent me a renewal of 520.

Axa refused a quote.
    Carole Nash came in around the 1000 mark.

Called up Liberty and got the renewal for 480.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Yamaha XT500, full license for nearly 20 years, full Irish for 12 years, 3 years NCB (due to absence from biking)
    AXA fully comp €255

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

rospa gold
    aon grade 2
    bikesafe
    5 years ncb
    full licence
    cbf 1000

€319 fully comp with aderlaide.

Axa wanted 570, carol nash wanted 7 hundred and something..

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

25 almost 26
    Full Licence 2.5 years
    3 Years NCB
    CBR600 F Sport

€360 - Liberty TPFT
    Adelaide re-newal of €532...told em about Liberty's quote - Adelaide weren't long matching their quote then:P

Won't bother mentioning what AXA or CN came up with...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Full licence 9 years
    4 Years NCB
    Triumph Rocket III Roadster

€602 Fully Comp - Adalaide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

That time of year again... Adelaide quote up 20 euro, Liberty Quote pretty similar and then AXA come in with a quote of 3 times the adeliade one!!! Who is buying their insurance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Adelaide, 219 Fully Comp NX650 including Commuting and Helmet cover.
    Pretty reasonable I thought
    Full License 20 years and 3 yrs NCB.
    I didn't bother ringing around too much as I thought that quote was pretty reasonable I could have got TPFT for 20 less but for another €20 FC was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tico1300

Male 39, 00 hayabusa, €408 fully comp with Adelaide
    Full no claims & full license 14 years, happy with this quote

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Age 32
    Full License
    5 years NCB
    Vstrom 1000
    Adelaide, Fully Comp €328 :)

It actually dropped even though i claimed! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Goodlad I presume you didn't get breakdown cover €45 and legal expenses cover €25, (whatever that is) included in that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Goodlad I presume you didn't get breakdown cover €45 and legal expenses cover €25, (whatever that is) included in that price?

15228849576_573675d525_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Thats seems a good deal, they're trying to charge me an extra 72 when it comes up for renewal in Oct.
    (I'm 13 years older than you, full licence 25 years, and 6 years ncb, which I think is their max, cause I havent been in an accident in over 15 years)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

52 yo
    Full Licence
    Full NCB
    Honda Blackbird
    Adelaide Full Comp €247.33

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

34 year old male
    2011 Suzuki gsr750
    0 NCD
    2nd Permit

Cornmarket - TPF&T initially €663 then mentioned MCE Quote. Got it for €535
    MCE - TPF&T €549

went with cornmarket as they had my details already on file..

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

42 old male
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200
    4 years NCD
    Full EU Licence for 18 years
    231 € Third party only with Liberty

I plan to call Carol Nash to see what they offer as the Bandit is now a 'classic' bike (If they accept to quote me, they did not want last year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Plopli wrote: »
    42 old male
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200
    4 years NCD
    Full EU Licence for 18 years
    231 € Third party only with Liberty

I plan to call Carol Nash to see what they offer as the Bandit is now a 'classic' bike (If they accept to quote me, they did not want last year).

Whats this about classic insurance? and c nash?
    over 15 years old? is there a mileage limit on that annually?
    Do they do classic insurance? wouldnt Adeleide (cornmarket) do that too?
    Why wouldnt C Nash want to know last year? because of the age, ie not old enough
    or is this about being in the forties? :)

I swore off Liberty when they were Quinn, as they tried to fcuk me on my policy when someone else damaged my car, thus far Ive maintained my boycott.

• Advertisement

cerastes wrote: »
    Whats this about classic insurance? and c nash?
    over 15 years old? is there a mileage limit on that annually?
    Do they do classic insurance? wouldnt Adeleide (cornmarket) do that too?
    http://ireland.carolenash.com/motorbike-insurance/classic-bike/
    Indeed older than 15 years old.
    I called them today and they are quoting me 273 with EU breakdown cover.
    But I want to take EU breakdown cover via ADAC to also have it for the car so I'm still not sure.
    One of their other good points is that you can drive another bike that's no yours (if the bike is insured and so on) and also that they have multibike policy as I plan to add another one.
    Why wouldnt C Nash want to know last year? because of the age, ie not old enough
    or is this about being in the forties? :)
    As far as I understood last year, it was because I had less than 4 years of Irish residence at the time and a non Irish licence.
    I swore off Liberty when they were Quinn, as they tried to fcuk me on my policy when someone else damaged my car, thus far Ive maintained my boycott.
    I had one crash with them on the motorbike and they were efficient in dealing with the case (Other party was at fault).
    I think I'll stay with them.

http://ireland.carolenash.com/motorbike-insurance/classic-bike/
    Indeed older than 15 years old.
    I called them today and they are quoting me 273 with EU breakdown cover.
    But I want to take EU breakdown cover via ADAC to also have it for the car so I'm still not sure.
    One of their other good points is that you can drive another bike that's no yours (if the bike is insured and so on) and also that they have multibike policy as I plan to add another one.

As far as I understood last year, it was because I had less than 4 years of Irish residence at the time and a non Irish licence.

I had one crash with them on the motorbike and they were efficient in dealing with the case (Other party was at fault).
    I think I'll stay with them.

ADAC? are they Irish?
    I thought my policy let me ride other bikes,but didn't think they had to have insurance,I'll check.
    What's the reduction from going to classic from normal insurance? Big drop? Someone told me before that they were insuring a bike,big enough for €55,mines 15 next year.
    Do Adelaide not do classic or what's the story with their ins,recovery and dealing with them? Thought they were doing the cheapest quotes at moment,not that that means like for like comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

16 yrs of age
    00 Suzuki marauder 125
    0 yrs NCB
    Learner permit since June.

Carole Nash ( under dads policy ) - €1400 TPFT
    Liberty - €750 TPO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭blade1

DJDylan106 wrote: »
    16 yrs of age
    00 Suzuki marauder 125
    0 yrs NCB
    Learner permit since June.

Carole Nash ( under dads policy ) - €1400 TPFT
    Liberty - €750 TPO

You'll go with Liberty so, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

blade1 wrote: »
    You'll go with Liberty so, yeah?

Oh most definitely blade! With them 5 weeks now. Sure you'd be mad to go with CN for that price if liberty is doing it for nearly half!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

6 yrs NCD, 5 yrs full licence
    GSX1400 and an RSV Mille
    Both bikes fully comp
    Protected NCD
    Aprilia has UK and ROI roadside assistance
    Driving of other bikes
    Commuting included

€320 from Adelaide

ADAC? are they Irish?
    German - http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac_membership/

You have to call to subscribe when you are not resident in Germany but I think they have pretty good price.

They partner with the national alternative so in Ireland you will get AA, in Belgium, Touring and so on.
    109 € for European coverage for you, your partner, your kids < 18 and all the vehicle you own sounds a fair price (this include travel insurance).

German - http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac_membership/

You have to call to subscribe when you are not resident in Germany but I think they have pretty good price.

They partner with the national alternative so in Ireland you will get AA, in Belgium, Touring and so on.
    109 € for European coverage for you, your partner, your kids < 18 and all the vehicle you own sounds a fair price (this include travel insurance).

I see,
    So I could get motor breakdown to cover me/my partners vehicles, on all vehicles, car/bike in Ireland but which covers Europe wide too?? seems a waste to add on or pay extra through an insurer here to get that then, and Id be covered through AA?????
    Seems a no brainer, is there some catch?
    what would kids less than 18 be covered for though??? as passengers you mean? or drivers?
    I'll look them up in future instead of paying extra on each policy or trying to save by not having breakdown on some. they have an English answering/speaking contact number, couldnt locate it looking them up?

edit, found it
    doesnt look like its 109 incl children (18-23) but there are some options there.
    That still seems to be plus membership,
    and it looks like you can get it for less, down to 49, but 69 for with the spouse.
    Take a bit more looking to see where it says cover is for Ireland plus Europe with AA and includes all vehicles including bikes,
    Interesting, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 surfdudette

32yrs old, on 1st A1 learner permit for over 1yr, Suzuki GN125

CN 655 TPFT (100 excess)
    Axa 729 TPFT, 795 COMP (250 excess)
    Liberty 458 TPFT, 595 COMP (250 excess)
    MCE 449 (950 excess)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Recently came back to biking.

Suzuki bandit 1200. No Ncb. 12 years Full A.

Got a quote from adelade for 420 tpft. Did not even bother to call anybody else. It was about half of what I expected lol. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement