Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike insurance - tell us your quotes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Try this

AXA Motorbike Cover
    1890777555 – Call Instead 014508885

From saynoto1890.com

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a little off topic. So I could really do with the use of a scooter for a few weeks. I dont own one at present. Friend has one sitting & has offered the use of it while I need it.

So, my question is - ( I have a licence ) is it possible for me to take out insurance on a bike that isnt in my name ? ie I am not the registered owner. I am guessing not.

Any work around apart from a change of ownership & change back again when I no longer need it ?

Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

Only 2 options are getting insured on his policy as a second rider or getting it transferred to your own name and taking out your own policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 John2451

Licence: Prov
    NCD: 0
    Penalty points: 0
    Bike: Ybr 125
    Area: Mayo
    Use: Commuting
    I was quoted as high as 1100 for insurace. Liberty was the cheapest at 457 TPFT drop as low as 283 next year if I stay on the YBR 125.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

Why are AXA insisting on doing an IBT LESSONS before they will give me insurance,I have a full license?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

horse7 wrote: »
    Why are AXA insisting on doing an IBT LESSONS before they will give me insurance,I have a full license?
    Did you ask Axa ?

They said it,s their policy for the bike ( cbf600)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

They said it,s their policy for the bike ( cbf600)

LookBehindYou (Moderator) has answered your question on the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

Bit confused lads,
    17 years old, got a quote from liberty for a few 125's, (all the same price) When I got those quotes last year it was for 1,016. Now they've gone up 1,493 (Third Party Only). This was only Liberty mind, anyone have an idea of where else I can go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

28 male full for 4 years , k3 gsxr1000 388 with nash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

This time last year I went back to CN and got tpft on the blade for 200
    This year they want 265 just for the tdm, even libertys online quote was cheaper ffs looks like I'll be moving again, btw this is the reason I left them a few years back :mad:
    No loyalty to existing customers :mad::mad::mad:
    So Carole if your reading this take your finger outta your hole and reward your customers for renewing !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Does anyone have the Personal Accident option with Carole Nash? My renewal this year is 239.84 but with the PA it will bring it up to 280.83. I’m just wondering if it’s a good investment or not? I haven’t had an accident serious or otherwise since 1998.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Much better quote today from principal after silly renewal price from CN
    3 years ncb
    full A licence
    tdm 850

€193 tpf&t and ncb protected

That's the best quote I've got so will take it

Re: insurance quotes,one of the questions is when did you pass the driving test, where can I get the exact date,it was in the 1970,s. It doesn't show up on the new visa card style ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 killianb2001

honda cg 125
    17 yrs old
    1400 euros carol nash full coverage
    learner permit with ibt done

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Bandit 600
    Full a license 2 years
    3 years ncb liberty (4 at start of May)

487 liberty TPFT

Looking on this thread I may phone around... looks I could get it down?

Taughts?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Re: insurance quotes,one of the questions is when did you pass the driving test, where can I get the exact date,it was in the 1970,s. It doesn't show up on the new visa card style ones.

Most seem to ask say 10 plus years or less.

Just put in 70s

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

Licence: Learner A
    NCD: 0
    Bike: Honda C90
    Use: Commuting

Principal: E439 TPFT
    CN: E424 TPFT

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

Section 10 on the back

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Failing that, NDLS would be able to tell you on the phone.

All of the categories on my licence have the same date on the back, but one of them was actually two years earlier than the others. All over 20 years ago now so of no relevance to anyone.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

Are there only 4 companies doing insurance now as MCE say they have stopped since 28th March?

Also do Principal insurance have a non 1890 number to call for a quote? I don't see an alternative on their website nor on saynoto1890.ie website

Try 1800945946

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

kokiyou wrote: »
    Are there only 4 companies doing insurance now as MCE say they have stopped since 28th March?

Also do Principal insurance have a non 1890 number to call for a quote? I don't see an alternative on their website nor on saynoto1890.ie website

01 816 1200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Does anyone know if AXA can tie in car and bike insurance? My car insurance is up for renewal on May 1st, bike insurance is July 17th, i am moving back to AXA for my car insurance and they have advised that as there are already 2 cars in the house insured with them they would look favourably on my bike insurance. I'd rather have it all on the same date but it was beyond my control last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

A personal choice really. I had it for about 4 years and dropped it this year to save on costs. Thankfully I never had to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Just got mine:

Licence: Full
    NCD: 9
    Bike: 2017 BMW S1000RR
    Area: Dublin
    Use: SD&P

Principal: €660 Fully Comp, NCB protected and Gear covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BikerOnTheBack

Newcomer here and first time insuring a bike. This is the quote I got today. One company wanted over 500 euros from me, and another wouldn't insure me because of my age and the size of the bike. Hopefully next year I'll have a full license and can do a bit better.

Licence: Learner permit A cat.
    NCD: None (They took NCD on car into account though 6+ yrs)
    Penalty points: None
    Bike: 97 CB 500
    Area: Waterford
    Use: SD&P

Carole Nash: €380 fully comp

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Needhome

Im 41,got back on bikes 4yrs ago,got me first insurance quote on a DL650 fully comp for 450,im now paying 300 fully comp on a cb750. Try principal insurance.thats who im with.their based in santry.

[
    quote="seamus;3215132"]I'm trying to get a feel of what everyone else is being quoted for their insurance.

I started off 3.5 years ago with Hibernian, who charged me €2,400 TPO on a Suzuki Marauder 125cc. First renewal - my insurance dropped €200. Second renewal (18 months ago), my insurance *went up* by that same €200 to €2,400. So that year, I switched to Carole Nash, at €1650 TPO. At that time, AON were quoting me similar to Hibernian, being one and the same. My last renewal with CN, my insurance dropped a piddling amount to €1,430 TPO.

Now, I passed my test today, and gave CN a ring. I'm refunded €150. Em, ok.

So as it stands:
    Licence: Full
    NCB: 3 years
    Bike: Honda Varadero 125 (Group 2).

Carole Nash: €1,270 TPO
    AON/Axa: €568 TPO (I rang them today - Fully comp is *still cheaper* than the above CN price).

Has anyone else been getting quotes this good from Aon?[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

Got my renewal yesterday for the gpz900r with carol Nash 217 euro...

Bike: Kawasaki gpz900r
    Licence: full
    Insurer:carol Nash
    Price: 217 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

So Carol Nash DID NOT send me a renewal, I happened to ring and check the renewal date to find it was next day, so a bit of a panic to get sorted.
    Initial quote from CN was 776, which they revised to 594 and finally to 519 when pushed.
    Liberty came in 877 and wouldn't go lower.
    Principal came in 698, and then revised to 506, so because CN had screwed me around, I thought it was worth the change.

Bike: Ducati Multistrada 950
    License: Full, 2yrs
    NCD: 2yrs
    Insurer: Principal, underwritten by AXA, fully comp, with breakdown, riding other bikes, 400 excess
    Price: €506.13

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement