Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your favourite? And Why? **Possible Spoilers**

• 17-08-2005 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭

Personally, I liked the 4th one bestest of alls I did.

Which HP book did you like best? 42 votes

The Philosopher's Stone.
    0% 0 votes
    The Chamber of Secrets.
    2% 1 vote
    The Prisoner of Azkaban.
    0% 0 votes
    The Goblet of Fire.
    23% 10 votes
    The Order of the Phoenix.
    42% 18 votes
    The Half Blood Prince.
    16% 7 votes
    I'm optomistic. I love the last one with all my little heart.
    14% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Hard to pick a favourite tbh. Possibly OOTP because it was the longest and lasted best. Least fav. would be Chamber of Secrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Prisoner of Azakaban by a long shot. 'Twas the last book before the series became so famous that JK's writing didn't seem to need editing anymore, i.e. before they let her ramble on for six or seven hundred pages at a time...
    Plus, it's just a damn good book.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

well, the first time I read books 1-4 before #5 came out book 3 was my fave. because of the whole sirius thing...then wehn I read the books again right before the 5th book came out I decided then my fave book was book #4
    it just has so much in it, pure adventure and excitement.
    Defo #4...
    book #5 came close until the end ofcourse...I cant forgive her for the end of book 5, ever.

Book 6 was a great dissapointment...I appreciate all the info she gave and I know why she did what she did with one of the characters but I think it was done wrong as I said in another thread on this topic.

I am awaiting the last book with hopes held high that she will restore my faith in the series of books I have come to know and love.

LATIN BEAT wrote:
    I cant forgive her for the end of book 5, ever.
    For the love of Jeff, you'd swear she murdered someone! :rolleyes:

Besides, the books would be far too boring if Harry had too much help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Personaaly HB and the prisioner of azkaban! This was probably the first time I actually thought "WOW: This is good".

That book is so gripping and is quite the first time we delve into Harry's past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

i like the goblet of fire....

though i did like the prisoner of askaban...but after the film i just stopped liking it!!!!!

those films do nothing for the books..........they cant act!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Goblet of Fire was very very good, but I thought Azkaban was the best - nicely dark. And whats more, I thought the film wasn't bad either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,934 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

Goblet of Fire - it has the most action, I like the plot twists, and it has none of the, quite honestly, cack-handed attempts at writing romance of OotP and HBP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

Sleepy wrote:
    For the love of Jeff, you'd swear she murdered someone! :rolleyes:

Besides, the books would be far too boring if Harry had too much help...

^^well,
    she kinda did murder someone... sirius!
    hehehe

goblet of fire for me
    when else is ireland gonna win the world cup?! :p

saw a trailer for the movie the other day, looks pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I have to say I prefered the POA ... it was so much darker than than the first 2 & seems to be the only one where Harry was in direct danger for the whole book [from Sirius!] & gave it a sharper edge than the rest!

I really enjoyed the GOF, but it felt like too much was going on without Harry being in any danger until the end!! The same with the OOTP!!

I may be wrong, but meh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

Third one is best, the surprise when you learn that sirius is actually his godfather, but the film ruined it a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Marth

Harry Potter and the order of the pheniox. i hated GOF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I voted for #5. There was so much going on in that book. It was by the most exciting book yet.

curliq wrote:
    ^^well,
    she kinda did murder someone... sirius!
    hehehe
    That went right over your head didn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

The Goblet of Fire... there's just something about it, and I liked the quidditch world cup and the triwizard cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I've only read the first three! I had never read any Harry Potter books til July 2005, and then I read the first three. A friend of mine told me to read 'em - she has all six, but I said "no, I won't spoil the next film!" However, I had them all read super fast (they had me up til 3 in the morning!), and now I must get the next three off her.

I loved book 3 though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Caoimhe89

4 or 6 is my fave, je pense. I never can decide... I just love them all so much... 5 is my least fave... How horrible.. I hated it, and not because the death, because I actually missed the death, but because of the boringness and angst and general "get over yourself Harry"ness.

4... i loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Jade Chihuahua

Goblet of Fire is my fave, I hate Chamber of Secrets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

3-5 are probably best imo. i liked the goblet of fire with the triwizard tournament and everything that went on there, but i think the the order of the phoenix is the best one. it got more into the dark times of how they were fighting back against voldemort and umbridge was a good character. i really enjoyed it definitely the best. :)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

I'm glad to see the goblet of fire is winning!! thought the order of the phoenix was too long with too much unnecessary padding. havent read the first 3 in AGES, but i'm looking forward to getting back to them and re-tracing each and every step!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

Half Blood Prince by far cos Goblet of Fire started off too slowly and Harry was too tempermental in The Order of the Phoenix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

HP and the prisoner of Azkaban! I loved that book! I also really enjoyed the latest one...the half blood prince... the worst imo OOTP (hated that book, it dragged on... my hopes were way to high for this one!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Geordie_Girl

d4gurl wrote:
    HP and the prisoner of Azkaban! I loved that book! I also really enjoyed the latest one...the half blood prince... the worst imo OOTP (hated that book, it dragged on... my hopes were way to high for this one!)

Agree completely.
    I was torn between Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire when I looked at the poll, but on reflection Prisoner of Azkaban was by FAR the best.
    The first two spent ages setting the scene for Harry's world, but were still good overall, I stuck with it, and when it came to 3 & 4 I was hooked.
    5 disappointed me hugely, JKR seemed to grandstanding, the previous 4 books had gotten progressively longer and it seemed as though 5 was filled with a lot of padding in order to follow in this tradition.
    Luckily 6 was a saving grace. Loved the book (had to borrow it from someone), bought it for €2.50 :D last weekend though. LOL, so I'll have a chance to re-read it thoroughly now.

Advertisement