Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advent Children Soundtrack Announced

Options
  • 17-08-2005 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

As taken from Bluelaguna.net
    Square-Enix has announced today that the release of the Advent Children will be arriving in Japan on September 28th, for 2,850 yen ($26.01 USD). The soundtrack will span two discs and will cover songs from both the original Final Fantasy 7 and the Advent Children movie. CD Japan is currently taking preorders for the OST and will be shipping internationally.

This is nice to hear, now if they only bring this out in europe i'll be happy along with so many others :) .

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone know if Uematsu is involved with the soundtrack. I doubt he is but would be nice if he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh i hope nobou is involved, his music is so refreshing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

PLease be live versions of the FFVII tracks and not the MIDIs again... Please, please, please...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

PLease be live versions of the FFVII tracks and not the MIDIs again... Please, please, please...

Oh God those were shameful. Horrible, horrible things to listen to.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The psf's from FFVII on the PS1 were decent. The midi's on the PC version were a joke.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The psf's from FFVII on the PS1 were decent. The midi's on the PC version were a joke.
    Be that as it may, even the psf's suck compared to the orchastrated versions :) Compare and contrast with One Winged Angel for proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i seriously doubt they'll use MIDI files in a motion picture tbh. cant wait to hear it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

they wont use the midi's. you can hear an orchestra piece in some of the trailers, that was re-done. not sure which one it is though, think its aeris theme.

i seriously doubt they'll use MIDI files in a motion picture
    To be honest, I had misread the piece and thought they were releasing FFVII's ST with it. Square have a horrible habit of taking the MIDIs, running them through an interpreter and selling them as a disk.

My bad.
    Kiith wrote:
    think its aeris theme.
    It is. Its a wonderful piece, better when orchastrated, and I love the slowed down version they used in the trailer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement