Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abbitai joins Juve?

• 17-08-2005 5:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Milan's vice president apparently phoned the owner of juventus and apologised about Buffons injury and then offered Abbiati on loan for the season.
    This is odd, he sogned for them this mornign and will probably play in the first match of the season in 10 days time.
    Maybe Milan are seriously sorry for injuring the international first choice or maybe they are just rewarding Christian Abbiati for years of loyal services by giving him the chance to be first choice at a top club at last (even if only for a month or two).

Really odd...
    Couldn't imagine Chelsea loaning Cudicinni to arsenal now could you?

Back story:
    Abbiati is an exteramly good keeper, just not as good as Dida.
    Buffon was injured on sunday when him and Kaka went for a 50-50.
    Milans owner claims he is sorry.
    Weird.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

It is a strange one alright, do they have a recall option if Dida were to get injured? Seeing as its a season long loan I wouldnt imagine as he would obviously still be there once Buffon gets back to full fitness.

As you said trying to see Mourinho offering Cudicini to Arsenal or United (even without either of their keepers getting injured ;) ) causes me to scratch my head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

well Milan have about 4 backup keepers, the just sogned the greek and asustralian 2nd choice keepers, god knows why.
    Buffon could be out for over 3 months so maybe its a season long loan but I'd say Abbiati will go to another club in january so he can get first team football, it is a world cup year after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Its a genius idea, send in a goalkeeper to throw a few games for your biggest rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Stekelly wrote:
    Its a genius idea, send in a goalkeeper to throw a few games for your biggest rivals.

Only in Italy.

Advertisement