Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Chance?

Options
  • 17-08-2005 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

Ok, I got 370 in the LC and i really want to do Arts in UL which is my second choice and last year it was 385. Is there any chance in the world I'll get offered it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

yup!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

a very high chance you will yeah. mid-range business and arts courses are levelling out or lowering this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

arts isn't taught in ul its taught in mary I..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

griffdaddy wrote:
    a very high chance you will yeah. mid-range business and arts courses are levelling out or lowering this year

Don't be giving that false hope - a 'very high chance' is just a plain old lie. There's a chance, but an arts course going down by 15 points? It's unlikely, yet still possible to be totally honest... wait until Monday, and best of luck :) that's all I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

it's not a plain old lie, but i'll admit it's very speculative! :D look at any analysist in the paper and they say the same thing about arts going down by 10-15 points!
    anyway, no more posting for me, i'm going to get paid to watch the chemical brothers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Irish Times: "don't expect mid-level arts and business courses to change wildly".

No point in us arguing over it man :) truth is, neither of us knows, it's all speculation - enjoy the Chemical Brothers. Again, Jamey, best of luck - it's still possible. Might wanna consider a recheck too - you could end up missing out by just 5 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

O.K. I have arts in Manouth down as my 1st choice but I dont realy want that course. I got 350 and it was 365 last year. I have Music Tech. down 2nd in manouth which I was told would probebly be around 400 cus its the only degree course of its kind in the country. I realy want my 3rd choice which is science in Galway (320 last year). If get offered my 1st or 2nd is there away I can get my 3rd choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

NoelRock- yeah, im thinking of getting Geography rechecked if i dont get the UL course. as I thought i would do a lot better. I did better in the mocks, and i didnt even finish it that time around!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

If get offered my 1st or 2nd is there away I can get my 3rd choice?

Not really. The CAO won't allow you to do that but you can make an appeal to the college/university in the first week or two of being there and only if you are trying to move to a lower points course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

oneofakind....we were told the music technology course in maynooth would most likely be 450++ which is good news for you [mayb not so for others] but of course this is all speculations we wont know til monday!
    hope ya get what ya want!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement