Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cao

Options
  • 17-08-2005 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

i take its monday the points come out i heard the point requirements are posted on the net at 6am just wonderin if anybody knew this is correct

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

no point requirements for courses!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i think he means the offers.

they come out on monday, they are normally in the papers (eg. the irish times) so what ever time papers are delivered at you have access to them

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

tanks cremo did ur man delete his post cause i cant see it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

must have of deleted it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

They are also published at 6am on cao.ie, this is correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

And you can see the points on teletext too on rte1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah, they're available at 6am on the internet.. My parents slept downstairs(in the computer room) when my sister's offers came out. I can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Haha. and were they out at 6am on the button? Or is it worth my while to start snooping around at 5am...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

If you're a sad loser, why yes!

I dont have my pin anymore. I take it I've gotta wait for the post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

I've lost my pin too. Is there anyway we can retrieve it i wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Your offer will be on the CAO website at 6am. Does the Irish Times publish the points list does anyone know, or is it just the Independent?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

So we see that we have enough points, what happens then. Do we go to our college to register or does CAO handle it and we get a letter to confirm we are taking the course or what? Its all new to me sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You accept your course on the cao website, and they forward the information to the college. Your college will send you out an information pack most likely, but I would imagine you get a letter from the CAO too, since they're quite fond of sending you mail :p In UCD, Freshers go in before other students, for a few days, and they register on the first day, get their student card, computer access, etc. Then lectures, etc., start after that time!

If you check online at www.cao.ie, you can see your offer and accept or decline it right away. Otherwise, you can use the post - an offer will arrive at your house on Monday or Tuesday and you fill it out and send it back. If you don't send it back or accept online within the time period, they assume you don't want it and you lose the place.
    You have to register in your college during Freshers week, but that's separate

Here's a demo of how you do it online: http://www2.cao.ie/index.php?page=offersDemo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

You dont need a 'pin' number for the cao website. You know the 'cao number' on top of those flimsey sheets they sent out to you with your choices printed on them. All you need is that and your date of birth. Last year the were up at 7am but i got in at 630ish. So if your up,go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Last year the were up at 7am but i got in at 630ish.

They were up at 6, I got mine at about 6.01 :D

Fishie wrote:
    Your offer will be on the CAO website at 6am. Does the Irish Times publish the points list does anyone know, or is it just the Independent?

I'd guess they will be in most papers!

And for the sake of fun, 3 years ago I checked at this time on http://www.rte.ie/cao, and they were up. Of course, their site is still in "testing" now...

Advertisement