Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Fax and Payphone since going Broadband

• 17-08-2005 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭

Just being reading the threads and wonder if anyone can help with a problem I've had since going live with broadband.

Coming from the master TE socket I have 3 extension cables. 1 of these lines is split in the attic to form another feed (which feeds the broadband) I have my modem (Zyxel 600) connected to one of these lines, even though its a twin filter i don't have a telephone connected to it. I have filters on all the extensions.

All of the telephone extensions worked perfectly until I went live with broadband.

Now only 1 of my extensions work properly, let me explain:

Extension 1 - a single feed from the TE socket connected to a payphone.
    Extension 2 - a single feed from the TE socket connected to a telephone
    Extension 3 - a single feed from the TE socket split in the attic to make two feeds, 1 to the modem and 1 to a telephone/fax.
    I have no phone connected to the master TE box.

The set up is exactly as was before broadband, I was on dial up for many years and no problems.

Now:

Payphone doesn't ring and you can't answer the call there, but i can dial out from there on the payphone.

Telephone fax is dead when connected, can't dial/fax out or receive calls or faxes.

The strange thing is if I plug an ordinary telephone handset into either or both of these feeds, the phone works perfectly.

Broadband works perfectly. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what migt be causing this problem and is there anything I can do the will aloow me to be able to use the payphone and the fax on these lines.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

I'm no expert but from what you've described, you have the those extensions plugged in internally to the socket?

You should try disconnect those items and reconnect them after the splitter is in place so it would be for example:

TE Socket -> Filter/Splitter -> Phones
    -
    -
    -> DSL Modem

Sorry for the crap diagram, I've uninstalled the Visio like program and can't remember where I put it. But I think it gets the point accross.

Advertisement