Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

girls whats up with fake tan???

• 17-08-2005 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

do you really think that fake tan is attractive???or chartbusters tan for that matter?? i now that most of my mates prefer girls with natural beauty coz if your wearing make up and fake tan all the time you will never look great when you go out because you will look the same.
    also you are irish we are ment to be white like a milk bottle not tanned like a spaniard.
    personally i like tanned women but it has to be natural not fake.
    do people share the same opinion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

its not that bad if they do it right and dont put so much on that they look orange.................................but its rare to see an ok fake baked person!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=287351

This should answer some of your questions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Back from holidays three weeks so I still have a nice little holiday colour, but if I'm wearing a skirt, sleeveless top, low cut top, etc I use a bit of the oul Sun Shimmer. I am not a fan of the Tangoed look- people actually ask me have I been away every time I wear fake tan because I've mastered putting it on really evenly, just the perfect amount, without streaking! Anybody want a tip or two???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

u see girls (including my gf) who put it on right and it looks great...then u see the few mingers tryin to keep up with their mate who came out the good lookin end of puberty and they look like they were dipped in ****e...so yeah its good when done right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

It's actually a clever ploy. Now by wearing glasses with an orange tint you can filter out all the idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What fake tan makes ye look like:

wonkpic1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    people actually ask me have I been away every time I wear fake tan
    Are you sure they're not just being sarcastic?

the_syco wrote:
    What fake tan makes ye look like:

wonkpic1.jpg
    Wow, that's HOT!
    All they need are those pencil-drawn eyebrows and those awful looking lip jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

No, positive. I used to get looks when I started using it (I was inexperienced, I was using cheap ****e and it was streaky) and a guy friend used to ring me and sing the Oompa Loompa song down the phone to me and piss himself laughing. Now people just say "Gosh, your tan looks great!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Ah tbh that sort of consistency and non-blotchiness could rarely be achieved via fake tan.

• Advertisement

Do people ever tell you "Gosh, that tan looks so real!" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭vannistelrooy10

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    No, positive. I used to get looks when I started using it (I was inexperienced, I was using cheap ****e and it was streaky) and a guy friend used to ring me and sing the Oompa Loompa song down the phone to me and piss himself laughing. Now people just say "Gosh, your tan looks great!"

jesus you are so vain!!!! do you not think that when you reach 30 your skin will be in bits because of all the chemical ****e that is on your skin.
    oh ye oompa loompa that is exactly what a lot of the girls round my way look like im sure you know them.- in a real scumbag accent...
    'jusinte i failed me leavin cert, but im goin to beauty colledge soz i can train to put my make up on wrong'
    FACT 89% of beauticians hae failed their leaving cert.

all the fellas should say clearly do they like FAKE tan. coz chances are if a girl wants to mislead you that much she has a fake personality borrowed off friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 AutoLink

jesus you are so vain!!!!

She has that effect on people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

fake tan looks like ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭r3boot

me thinks there should be a poll.

and yes fake tans are crap, however the real thing does look good on some girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I really don't like fake tan. Since a tan is the sign that you have already damaged your skin from sun exposure, why strive to look like that?

I really don't like fake tan. Since a tan is the sign that you have already damaged your skin from sun exposure, why strive to look like that?

It would give the appearance that you can afford to go abroad alot I'm told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Jebus Christ! This place is like an amnesiacs' merry-go-round! This was discussed to death all of a week ago!!!

Twice if I recall, and will be brought up many thousands of times again I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

also you are irish we are ment to be white like a milk bottle not tanned like a spaniard.
    personally i like tanned women but it has to be natural not fake.

THIS is why people put on fake tan. There is a perception that people with a tan are more attractive. The old story of differences being the difference.

What would people prefer??

a) a bad fake tan
    b) people cooking away in sunbeds.

Also, all those nicely coloured Spainards get that colour from being out in the sun all day every day. Heard any of the ad's stating how bad the sun is for your skin??

Fake tan can look awful, yes, but it has got to be safer for the individual's health over the sun.

And, yes, fake tan does use chemicals but there is chemicals in near everything today.

A.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

its just great waking up beside someone hungover who has just covered your sheets with makeup and fake tan, and looks 200 times worse cause their entire body is smeared with this ****, thus multiplying your hungover by 200.

as shakespeare wonderfully put it:
    "god hath given you one face, and you create yourself another"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i am reaaally pale (with freckles.. woohoo..) but i tried fake tan once 4 a ball because id been told by so many ppl "you'll have to use fake tan".

im not sure why i HAD to use it..

but anyway i gave it a go. never again. it turned out ok for the night, but for like a week after your skin streaks and is funny colours and just looks dirty! especially around fingers & elbows and stuff.

so now ive the best part of a bottle of st tropez if any1 wants to buy it..? cause i wont be using it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭vannistelrooy10

b3t4 wrote:
    THIS is why people put on fake tan. There is a perception that people with a tan are more attractive. The old story of differences being the difference.

What would people prefer??

a) a bad fake tan
    b) people cooking away in sunbeds.

Also, all those nicely coloured Spainards get that colour from being out in the sun all day every day. Heard any of the ad's stating how bad the sun is for your skin??

Fake tan can look awful, yes, but it has got to be safer for the individual's health over the sun.

And, yes, fake tan does use chemicals but there is chemicals in near everything today.

A.

i doubt it
    a -the chemicals ARE going to have some bad effect on skin other than turning it orange.skin isnt designed to be painted, it wil block all the important glands eg sweat glands

b- in a spray tan what happens when you inhale some of the stuff and dont say you cant because you will always inhale somthing that is being sprayed that close to you.unless your wearing a mask with i doubt the girls are wearing.

apart from those reasons i will go for a girl who is natural as what you see is what you get.
    at this stage fake tan is so common that it makes the women fall into the same category FAKE.
    heres a list of the artificial/fake crap on most so called 'pretty' girls

1- Hair
    2-Hair colour
    3-Nails
    4-Boobs
    5-Face
    6-Nose
    7-Eyebrows
    8-Personality
    9-Skin Tone

jesus 9 and thats off the top of my head
    and women complain of men lying to them just to get sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

look if ur naturally pale (no matter how pale) do not, i repeat do not put on fake tan. It is the worst looking thing ever, ever! And if you're pale then your pale. And if you're attractive and pale then you're attractive. No need to look like an oompa loompa.

Oh yeah and don't "burn yourself to a crisp" either. You know yerself what type of skin you have and that some skin just don't tan and isn't meant to, so don't force that either.

My 2 sense

Advertisement