Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry

Options
  • 17-08-2005 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

I had a cracked version of far cry.
    So I bought Far cry so i could play on line.

But iv never seen a game so stupid, To play on line.
    It askes you to enter your cd key every time u play,
    If you leave a server to join another server it askes again,
    And you also have to wait 5 min's for the cd key to free up.
    You get a cd key in use for 5 min's,
    Ub Soft have there finger up there hole.
    Im bring my copy of far cry back and am going to
    contiue playing my cracked verion.

I didnt like the way BF2 did somthing simeler,
    But a least your cd key is locked to your account,
    No need to enther it every time you want to play.

So the verdict is dont buy Far Cry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I had a cracked version of far cry.
    So I bought Far cry so i could play on line.

But iv never seen a game so stupid, To play on line.
    It askes you to enter your cd key every time u play,
    If you leave a server to join another server it askes again,
    And you also have to wait 5 min's for the cd key to free up.
    You get a cd key in use for 5 min's,
    Ub Soft have there finger up there hole.
    Im bring my copy of far cry back and am going to
    contiue playing my cracked verion.

I didnt like the way BF2 did somthing simeler,
    But a least your cd key is locked to your account,
    No need to enther it every time you want to play.

So the verdict is dont buy Far Cry

Old news man, graphically I love the scenary etc.. but as for game play, it's kind of linear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Great, after 2 years of hype here comes THE definative review of Far Cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ummm you could create an account with Ubisoft and login that way?

Just a thought means you can play online anytime the game is running cos you logged into the master server, just a thought tho.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It sucked online anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

it was mainly a single player and it did that well i dont know an fps thats not linear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well it can't be anymore linear than doom3? can it? (i've never played farcry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Far Cry wasnt really linear :confused:

Go from one place to another but you could go whatever way you wanted to.
    Decent game, online does suck tho unless its a mod.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

It was moderately unlinear, fair enough there was only a few choices at most to go through the game at certain points but its not like Doom which is like its on rails.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

who cares if it was linear....name one other game where you can see a pig drive a jeep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    it was mainly a single player and it did that well i dont know an fps thats not linear.

Deus Ex.
    2 words, 1 great, non-linear game.
    To this day, I have yet to finish it (damn you, oh woeful 24hr-day, I ask for nowt but some more time :o )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Great game, not very linear especially when compared to games like HL2 or Doom 3. Linear compared to things like Ghost Recon, but pretty good all the same.

I downloaded the 1.3 patch recently and the HDR lighting is incredible, one of the best advances in graphics I've seen in years.

p.s. Playing cracked games makes baby Jack cry !

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Deus Ex.
    2 words, 1 great, non-linear game.
    To this day, I have yet to finish it (damn you, oh woeful 24hr-day, I ask for nowt but some more time :o )
    one word
    RPG

deus ex was an role playing game that just used a first person view
    others have tried and failed... vampire bloodines springs to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 psychooys

Far cry was linear as hell, but it was fun, it was what i expected. As for non-linear games, Vapmpire the masquerade: Bloodlines was no linear, except for the main storyline. Great game no1 played.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

psychooys wrote:
    Far cry was linear as hell, but it was fun, it was what i expected. As for non-linear games, Vapmpire the masquerade: Bloodlines was no linear, except for the main storyline. Great game no1 played.

Nah, Doom 3 was the definition of linear. At least Far Cry gave you a few choices about how to go about the outside levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

blah blah blah[/SIZE]

Good job I've already finished it then. I enjoyed it immensely

Here's some missions for you to complete:

1. Read the charter.
    2. Read the rules on signatures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Doom 3 was more linear than far cry deffo, but was mroe fun. Spades more atmosphere, and you didnt have to put up with those retarded guards going 'IM GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!' every 2 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

psychooys wrote:

The outside areas of Far Cry weren't linear at all, they often had multiple ways of doing everything (frontal assault, sneak around back, sneak through trees, sniper from hill, swim underwater), they were large sand boxes. Just most people ran through the game following the most obvious route ... but if you actually go back and search around you will find the outside maps are full of different routes, pathes and methods of completing them. It just wasn't made as obvious as some of the hand holding sections in Deus Ex.

I still get a rush when i think of blowing up the barrel on the other side of the lagoon with a sniper shot, watching all the men run over to it, then sneaking around behind them and mowing them all down with the turret gun :D Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Far Cry was, imho, so incredibly overrated. Something about the game really didn't appeal to me, I found it to be boring, pretty overall, but very boring. Seemed more like a tech demo than a fun game.

koneko wrote:
    Seemed more like a tech demo than a fun game.
    funny, cuz it actually started life as a tech demo...

but i just think its as simple as this
    HL2, doom3, farcry,Halo, etc are all FPS's and are linear its wat u expect, they make up for it in other areas such as normaly have the best graphics u can get.

while other games mainly RPG's give u the different choices that make up a non-linear game. like deus ex and vampire 2 which are really a rpg/fps mix giving more more freedom and choice, skills improving etc while something like morrowind or FF7 is a pure rpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

are you guys nut. far cry is around 2 years old and still is one of the best FPS's around (and advanced). ok so it wasn't that free roaming when you were inside but think about it you're inside... ffs you could walk around the entire island deciding the best way to attack whatever base you had 2. and if you wanted you could go around the base not killing anyone but that could lead to you being attacked later on by the same people. and as far as multiplayer goes me and my mates still play that game ahead of everything else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement