Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface OK i was wrong

• 17-08-2005 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭

Signed up for a blueface account free trial 2 days ago did not hear anything from them so yesterday morning I signed up for a pay account paid my subscription with paypal.

Having read various reports here about accounts set up in under an hour I waited for an email from them nothing so yesterday evening I rang them to see what the story was
    I was told i would hear from them by close of work yesterday or early this morning But it is now 8 in the evening and nothing not even a standard welcome email not a thing very disappointed

If this is the kind of normal standard of customer service on offer from blueface I will have to try somewhere else

Can anyone suggest a decent VOIP provider

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I will admit that when I first signed up I did'ent recieve the welcome e-mail, or the second e-mail after I phoned them and they re-sent it....I later found out that this was due to my crazy nazi like spam countrols :(

Can't say I've heard of issues like yours as people's views in general are very positive, but as with everything there's a first time for it.
    Sorry to hear your having problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

I dont have any spam filters so I doubt that is the problem

Yeah the reason I signed up with them is because of the glowing praise they get here but my experience is disappointing so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

cdebru wrote:
    I dont have any spam filters so I doubt that is the problem

Yeah the reason I signed up with them is because of the glowing praise they get here but my experience is disappointing so far

It is very unusual. Normally they are extremely helpful and quick to respond. I have not received such good service from another company ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

Whatever about the customer service, which I have always found to be very good, I have been having a couple of quality issues today.

Calling a Dublin number this evening I had an apalling connection. The other party couldn't hear me at all. I tried hanging up and dialling again but it was the same.

Also, a couple of times, I have called a number got an odd tone (not ringing and not engaged). Calling from my mobile worked fine in these cases.

Come on Blueface - don't let the quality fall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

capistrano wrote:
    Whatever about the customer service, which I have always found to be very good, I have been having a couple of quality issues today.

Calling a Dublin number this evening I had an apalling connection. The other party couldn't hear me at all. I tried hanging up and dialling again but it was the same.

Also, a couple of times, I have called a number got an odd tone (not ringing and not engaged). Calling from my mobile worked fine in these cases.

Come on Blueface - don't let the quality fall!

HI

I had similar problems in the past and my issue was that I was downloading somehting, could that be your case?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

nava wrote:
    HI

I had similar problems in the past and my issue was that I was downloading somehting, could that be your case?

Thanks
    Afraid not :(

capistrano wrote:
    Afraid not :(

I had pretty poor quality on a Kildare number two days ago. Normally it is perfect. I had kind of hoped it was just me that day. :(

OK you guys were right customer service seems to be top notch

the email thing was apparently hotmail bounced the emails back although my inbox was not full and I recieved other emails and the blueface ones when they sent them again without clearing anything out
    So I will blame that one on hotmail

Having a problem getting grandstream 486 set up just wont work

Still not working but Blueface customer service has been very helpful so far

very quick to respond to emails

That's more like the service I am used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

cdebru wrote:
    Still not working but Blueface customer service has been very helpful so far

very quick to respond to emails

that sounds more like the blueface I have come to expect, also the problems people are having with call quality are probably due to your bb connection.

• Advertisement

Up and running and so far so good call quality is very good

the Grandstream 486 I had was knackered so ended up getting the linksys

Thanks to Feargal and Aaron at blueface who were very good they could not have done anymore for me

Customer service is first Class

zap wrote:
    the problems people are having with call quality are probably due to your bb connection.

That is what I had hoped, it's just that capistrano use a different internet connection.

Advertisement