Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Avensis diesel

Options
  • 17-08-2005 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I'm just about to start a course in Galway thats 160 miles away and have decided to buy a diesel car. I was looking at something like a 206 or 306 diesel but they are fierce pricey and high mileage and Pug build quality aren't the best combination.

Anyway I can get a 99 Avensis 2.OD with 75k for 5750. Has anyone ever driven one of these ? I've heard "the worlds most boring car" being bandied around a bit. Are they any good ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

Dont listen to **** calling it boring. My uncle had the 1.6L petrol from new and was verh happy with it. It was very economical for a 1.6 petrol like, and had no bother with it naturally being a toyota. The diesel was supposed to be very economical too, and a lovely car. Very quiet in diesel i believe.

I know a couple farmers living near me that have the diesel versions and they love them. I also know of a guy that sold his for the "new" type diesel and he doesnt like the new type half as much as his old one. And he says its nit as economical either. Its a class car for big mileage, and practical too. They run forever if looked after and gets its oil changed every 5/6000 miles.

There not boring, it`ll have every bit of ooomp, as any other similar diesel car in that section, and way more extras than a feckin volswagen, ect.. They`re a spacious enough car and A `99 one will prob have cd player, fogs and maybe a sunroof, i know my uncles 2000 petrol did. just get it checked out before you buy as always! You`ll easily run a good 1 up to 200,000miles if you keep it long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Guzzler wrote:
    I can get a 99 Avensis 2.OD with 75k for 5750. Has anyone ever driven one of these ? I've heard "the worlds most boring car" being bandied around a bit.

That seems a reasonable price. If you are going to do a steep mileage and you want a family size car, and reliability is the most important thing followed by economy, then you can't really go wrong with the Toyota

Make sure though that you at all times open all the windows so you won't fall asleep
    boardsee wrote:
    Dont listen to **** calling it boring
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

i've seen a few of these with over 500,000 miles on them and still running. taxis and hackneys of course. you can't go wrong with a toyota.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

I have one, 135k on the clock, not a bother with it, oil changed every 5k miles. Try get a luna model if you can.

Advertisement