Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 BB Connections 1 PC??

• 17-08-2005 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Right i have a 3mb connection with IBB & a 3mb DSL line with digiweb
    can i use both of them at the same time on the one PC?
    Prob a stu[id question but fek it why not.

im thinking have the IBB connection going through my Wireless router
    and connect the dsl modem into the pc, would that work.

going to try anyways.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Yes it's possible and as far as I know there is software available to help you do it although I'm not quite sure what it's called!

You could set up a gateway and filter traffic by ports, i.e have Port 80 traffic (internet browsing) going through one connection and lets say Port 6667 (legitment linux distributions) over another! Don't know how it would be integrated though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

afaik its pretty tricky - certainly to do cheaply. You will need a very clever piece of software or a clever enterprise spec router.

I'd imagine it would be easier to do in Linux than Win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

Linksys do pretty much what you want, and for not much monies either.

It does fairly fancy load balancing but only really high end (read expensive) gear does proper true load sharing:
    rv042 router

I bought one thinking of doing sharing dsl and wireless but in the end i didnt need to. So I havnt even opened it. If you're interested PM me.

Advertisement