Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Special Topic

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

You have access to the Internet. There are experts on both the topics you mentioned lecturing in History around the world. Email them, tell them what age you are, that you are interested in the topic, explain about the Leaving Cert. History Research topic and say you would appreciate it if they would help you out with any queries you might have or in sourcing information - all they can say is 'no'. Make sure you let them know you do not want them to 'tell' you things, but to guide you a bit. Like any group of people there will be the sort that ignore you, but there will also be the ones who are delighted you have chosen one of their 'pet' areas to study, and will be pleased to help.

Spend some time wording your letter, and checking it for spellings etc., a well written email can open all sorts of doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

d4gurl wrote:
    Plus instead of five essays like the old course we only have to do three :D and another is document! The special topic can be on any period - I think! Also we give in our special topic earlier!

:eek:

AbsoLUTE... TRAVESTY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

I heard from my teacher that the documents question (2007) will be on the 1885/86 British elections, the lockout, or the GAA. She heard it a teachers' inservice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 zoolander006

i got an A1 2 years ago, my special topic was the LuftWaffe - 1939-44.... interesting stuff, and there's bucketloads on the luftwaffe off the net!!!

dont go anywhere near irish history for your topic, so hard to get stuff off the net you'll be solely relyin on books

hey im doing my LC this year and im doing the luftwaffe and i have worked really hard at it and verytime i give it to my teacher she just keeps saying that its not good enough that i need to give oreinformation but i cant cause i have filled the entire book i even have to rule extra lines all over the booklet
    i was wondering if you could help me out if you could give me a copy of your
    special topic please im desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

hey im doing my LC this year and im doing the luftwaffe and i have worked really hard at it and verytime i give it to my teacher she just keeps saying that its not good enough that i need to give oreinformation but i cant cause i have filled the entire book i even have to rule extra lines all over the booklet
    i was wondering if you could help me out if you could give me a copy of your
    special topic please im desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Firstly, this thread is 5 years old.

Secondly, while people around this forum are generally helpful to one another, someone simply handing over a copy of their project from a previous year to someone who is undertaking the same topic this year is certainly NOT something we would encourage!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement