Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Upgrade planned for friday morning

• 17-08-2005 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

anyone else get this?
    IBB wrote:
    *** Important Notice from Irish Broadband – Odlums, Omada, Baldoyle & Northside Shopping centre highsites a planned network outage has been scheduled - Friday morning the 19th August 05 between 12 midnight – 2am ***

Dear Customer,

Due to essential upgrade work on the above highsites a planned network outage has been scheduled. All internet connectivity will be unavailable this Friday morning the 19th August 05 between 12 midnight – 2am.

Although we have outlined a 2 hour outage window as above, it is hoped that the actual outage will last no longer than 60 minutes.

Irish Broadband is continually improving its network and this upgrade work will enable customers to implement high quality secure MPLS links. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause, but rest assured we will make every effort to keep downtime to a minimum.

Thank you for your time.

Irish Broadband Customer Services.

Lo-Call - 1890564456

i like to think the baldoyle upgrade is due to my nagging

ps if this has been posted already feel free to delete it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Got one for cork last friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

make any difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ha No..................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Got one for the Ballycoolin exchange a while back. Same story, still ****. In fact I'm having connection difficulties right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They are sticking a new high site in Parkwest in the next few weeks. They reckon it will solve alot of the problems customers..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

i got one last friday! still **** getting it out today back 2 my old 256k up
    o memories, good one`s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Will a new mast make such a difference if there backbone is not enough???

Just my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

We have had upgrades like this in D15 and then the service got worse. But its not too bad these days. Only took them 3 months to sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

They are sticking a new high site in Parkwest in the next few weeks. They reckon it will solve alot of the problems customers..

Yea but won't existing customers need to have their aerials repositioned for LOS?

So maybe only new customers will benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

How did the upgrade go this morn? anyone notice any difference?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Been told there was a upgrade on the limerick mast today but i think its all bull.
    il try it soon n see still getting the crap service out DSL is much much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭edunon

We have had upgrades like this in D15 and then the service got worse. But its not too bad these days. Only took them 3 months to sort it out.

Same here, in Donnybrook, about 2 months ago, after I recieved the upgrade email the speed has reduced by half at least. I've rang them a couple of time and they just said it looks there is a lot of traffic in this area...
    Waiting for SmartTelecom to be available in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭uteotw

for some reasons 3Rock is quite good at the moment, maxing out my 3Mbit !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

irlrobins wrote:
    Yea but won't existing customers need to have their aerials repositioned for LOS?

So maybe only new customers will benefit.

I think the primary benefit of this is that is offers an alternate route for their backhaul.. The packet loss people are experiencing is due to either insufficient backwidth/too much traffic at specific points on the network.. I think..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

nope their promise seemed to do nothing, i knew it sounded too good

ah welll ill give another ear bashing tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

My Breeze connection has also gotten worse since last Friday, increased packet loss and download speed a fraction of the 2Mb it was before.

I also noticed theres a second IBB antenna (installed recently in my apartment block) a few feet above my own IBB antenna on the same pole.

Does anyone know will this second IBB antenna effect my connection (interference etc) in any way?

Advertisement