Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth files from phone to PC?

• 17-08-2005 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭

Hey....can I send a picture from my phone (6230i) to my PC? I can send pictures from the PC to the phone but can't seem to be able to do it the other way around.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I assume you have a bluetooth dongle on the PC?

Usually if you 'pair' off the devices you shouldn't have a problem making sure that the PC can accept incoming connections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh I got a Bluetooth Dongle on the PC (hence I can send pic/music from the PC to the phone) but it doesn't seem to be possible the other way around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

had this problem myself with a 7650 (both in win me & xp)

the only way I could get pics from the phone to the pc was by using the nokia suite & browsing the phone

btw - no probs in either direction with a BT-enabled apple mac
    strange :confused:

Can anyone actually confirm that it is possible to bluetooth files from a phone to a PC without using any Nokia software?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Confirmed. To the PC from the phone, transferred files end up in whatever exchange folder your basic Bluetooth software has set up, and to the phone from the PC files arrive as new messages.

• Advertisement

Confirmed. To the PC from the phone, transferred files end up in whatever exchange folder your basic Bluetooth software has set up, and to the phone from the PC files arrive as new messages.
    Mmm I wonder has it got anything to do with the fact that in the bluetooth menu of my phone(6230i) its has the option "Search for audio enhancements"....the PC isn't exactly an audio enhancement per say.
    However in the list of paired devices it has the name of my PC (obviously from when I sent a file from the PC to the phone)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, going through the Qs asked in this sticky, can help get you a faster/accurate reply:
    About to ask how to get connected for Web/WAP/Email/MMS/Bluetooth etc.

Advertisement