Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex/Sexuality forum

Options
  • 17-08-2005 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question....why can't i view this forum? Do i need to be a member for a certain amount of time or have a certain amount of posts?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭flowerpotfrog

you need to be homosexual, have you not seen the ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

u need to subscribe to boards.ie...its a fiver a month or somethin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You need to be a subscriber. Sex sells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Theres a bit too much lol'ing going on around here for Pigheads liking but credit where credit dues that definitely deserves an lol
    lol

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Being a moderator gives you freebie access.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Tazzle wrote:
    Being a moderator gives you freebie access.
    Access to the Loli subforum of Sex & Sexuality too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Moderators give time and energy to boards. Subscribers give money to boards.

The bigger reason why S&S is sub + mod only though is to reduce the degree of muppetry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Social77

Yeah,we perform a service on boards and to be honest i think you lot don't give us the credit we deserve.Shabadu came up to me last week and said"its just a title Social77,what exactly do you do"
    Oh how I laughed at that one,just a title?I don't think so
    Social77 tries to:
    Promote quality, discourage crap.
    Make Boards.ie as readable as possible for as many people as possible.
    Not allow a single moderator a "reign of terror."
    On the whole, I think the moderation system works really well, but often people disagree. Their disagreement usually stems from different expectations. They see a bunch of moderations countering each other. They see a comment moderated blatantly wrong. A 'Troll' flagged 'Off topic' (or vice versa) and feel that the system is flawed.

Of course it is flawed! It's built upon the efforts of diverse human beings volunteering their time to help! Some humans are selfish and destructive. Others work hard and fair. It's my opinion that the sum of all their efforts is pretty damn good.

Read Boards.ie and behold the quality of the comments you read. Certainly you aren't reading a wild and freewheeling discussion anymore, but you are reading many valid points from many intelligent people. I am actually pretty amazed.Respect to the Mods

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

pighead you are banned from ah and have made another account to post there tut tut i say,slaps cuffs of mod on you!

detective tar can read through edits that try to save your pork :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Social77

What on earth are you talking about,obviously a smear campaign being waged against Social77.And in future don't even talk about me in the same breath as that tosser Pighead.
    come on Tar play fair,may the best man win.Do you see me claiming taht you are really Mavericks?No you don't,i will take that secret to the grave with me
    Anyway Social77 for Moderator is all i have to say
    Oh and Piggy is a twat also

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Talliesin wrote:
    Moderators give time and energy to boards. Subscribers give money to boards.

Some of us do both. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Social77 wrote:
    come on Tar play fair,may the best man win.
    yes i believe we do,you put up a fight,didn't notice . ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

BrynW wrote:
    Just a quick question....why can't i view this forum? Do i need to be a member for a certain amount of time or have a certain amount of posts?

You have to post up sexy nude pics of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

nesf wrote:
    Some of us do both. :)
    Yes.. can people who are moderators and subscribers get some sort of special 'double entry' with the sex forum?

Yes.. can people who are moderators and subscribers get some sort of special 'double entry' with the sex forum?

I wish. All I got was a hand job and a thank you. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Alpha505

I like cake.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

simu wrote:
    You have to post up sexy nude pics of yourself.
    Gwan then. :drool:

*raises an eyebrow*

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Social77 wrote:
    Yeah,we perform a service on boards and to be honest i think you lot don't give us the credit we deserve.Shabadu came up to me last week and said"its just a title Social77,what exactly do you do"

Social, would you please link to where i said this? I have been through your posts, and all mine since July. I cannot find any reference to this. I either missed it, or you have:

i) confused me with someone else
    ii) fabricated the incident for illustrative purposes.

Number 2 is a favourite of pigheads, as is posting in the third person. Interesting. Also, isn't the 'Martha' you refer to in your sig also an alias of pigheads, used to circumvent his AH ban? Curious.

Just wondering, apologies if I did say it and just can't remember/find the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ignore this fool Shabadu,hes a Pighead wannabee by the looks of things.I can categorically deny any links between Social77 and Pighead.I will not comment on the Martha link at this moment in time tho.Sorry for any undue distress caused.
    Pighead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Pighead and Social77 banned for being Martha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Social77 wrote:
    Oh and Piggy is a twat also
    Agreed. Banned for personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i believe he was your number one choice....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Awh Merc, you so crazy.

Talliesin wrote:
    Pighead and Social77 banned for being Martha
    heh i was wondering would that ever happen or was a blind eye being turned..

EDIT:for your benifit pigman(i cannot post in prison).i do not want to see you get banned permanantly as i don't think you warrant such a harsh punishment.

''Basically the moral of the story is Pigheads old buddy Tar Aldarion spilt the beans about Pigheads shameful double life and Talliesin was faced with no choice but to ban the Pig
    ''

i didnt actually tell him in so many words(i believe he pieced it trogether with genius tactics such as you post in the third person)and i believe it was very obvious what you were doing to everybody as you are the only one whom posts like that.I mentioned that you were abusing the rules as i would have done for anybody,like them or not.even i,as in me,was asked did i have a second account recently!if i had i would not have been banned but i did not break any rules.as far as i see it,if you were not doing anything seriously wrong with these accounts a temporary ban is in order,.nobody is above the law apart from those that make it,as has always been.

unlike talliesin i was 100% sure it was you,i tried to help you.i sent you a pm to start a conversation to tell you to stop posting illegally and serve your short ban as you had done nothing 'very' wrong,it would be for your own benefit.You were banned before this could be completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

humble apologies.
    finish half life 2 yet?

• Advertisement

Advertisement