Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Small niggly issues.

Options
  • 17-08-2005 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a 94 Accord 2.0i in May and it had a couple of things that were bugging me. The rear drivers side door lock doesnt respond with the central locking. The motor grinds as if its trying to open or close the lock but nothing happens.

The thing is I've just given the car to my dad and got a 94 Rover 620i (same car, different badge) and it has the same problem. Does anyone konw if this is a know issue?

If its a problem with the motor and its physically possible ill take to motor from the accord as my dad is a plumber and its only going to be a work car, so working central locking in the rear is not a problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bumpety Bump Bump. Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Check the earth connection from the motor (where it attaches to the bodywork) for corrosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Does it sound like the motor is managing to turn at all? If it does, perhaps some of the linkage from the motor to the lock has broken. If not, some of the mechanism may be jammed. Since the motor makes a noise, I doubt it is completely burned out. It is more likely to be a a broken jammed mechanism, and you are just going to have to take off the panels on the door and have a look at it. Its not that hard, it was a 5 minute job to remove the panel on my nissan sunny, and a 3 hour job to dissassemble the door completely and reassemble the parts onto another door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

There's every liklehood that the door mechanism is broke or jammed. So a scrap yard may be a place to look and find a similiar unit (either Honda or Rover). It should be easy to swap out and then try the central locking.

There is a good breaker's in Kilcock. Excellent layout.

Cheers for the replies, ill have a go later.I was thinking that it may be the mechanism. Thought it might be a known issue seeing as its the same on the 620 as the accord.

• Advertisement

Looks like the mechanism is fooked. Went ou tthe other day and the door wont open at all now. i can only pull the button up about half an inch so th edoor cant open. have to try get the insid eof the door off while its closed.

Advertisement