Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoV enters closed beta

Options
  • 18-08-2005 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭

Announcment

I am a VERY excited little boy :D

http://www.cityofvillains.com/

Among other things, this game adds:

5 new ATs
    4 PvP zones (drool) (Villain ~VS~ Hero action)
    Ability to build custom bases
    Battles in bases
    Cut scenes in missions
    Updated physics/graphics

This is gonna be fun!

Probably due out late November.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Will you need CoV as an expansion to CoH or is it a standalone game. And will it be a case of if you have CoV you're a villian etc?

Never could get my head around that bit :o

Otherwise, looking forward to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

It is standalone, but there is crossover.

Exactly what benefits you get from having both etc... is really yet to be known.

Also, yes if you own CoV then you cannot play a hero, you are a villain.

BTW there is no sign up for closed beta, only contest, pre-order and with highest priority 12+months paid sub (that's me :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Thats the US beta though, isn't it? I understand the European one would be run about the same time, but the priority would go to those who'd been on longest (6 months or thereabouts).

Correct, US beta.

Dunno when the Euro beta will be beginning, but I think you are right that the loyalty scheme for the EU version will be a 6 month paid sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Playing beta right now, can't say anything, because of the non-disclosure agreement!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

eh, dont be silly...

So at this years GenCon Statesman is quoted to have said in his seminar.
    "COV will go live 6:00 AM October 31st unless there is a MAJOR bug preventing it"

I would have guessed for a late November/ Early December release, but looks like me *might* see it quite soon.... although I think the probability of them finding a "Major" bug is about 90%+ :D.

Advertisement