Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs... which ones are best??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Ric_Flair wrote:
    I definatly would

Gave ya a 10

Thank you! God, and that's a bad picture!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ric_Flair

No prob ;)

EDIT
    thats me.. as ya can see, I dont look ancient and I get in to Bondi without being asked for I.D and I dont even have to wear a low cut top

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ric_Flair, got any spare tracksuits or rings about I could borrow?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

it appears that he may well might have ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ric_Flair

Ha Ha Ha Class

Knew more fella's than girls would check me out :)

Sorry dude, dont wear tracksuits outside the gym or rings for that matter.. the earring does reek of skanger all the same

The price I pay for being "cool" I suppose haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

got an earring when i was 12 went out of fashon when i was 14, so i got rid of it, them kind of things dont last long in the sticks you know :)

Ric_Flair wrote:
    No prob ;)

EDIT
    thats me.. as ya can see, I dont look ancient and I get in to Bondi without being asked for I.D and I dont even have to wear a low cut top

...Wow. VERY nice. ;) If you got rid of the jewellery, even better. Hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

go to Fluxcard if you want a fake id

Don't want a fake ID, too risky- I could get caught, etc. Just want to know what places don't ask for ID, don't mind underage people and have a young, classy crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Just want to know what places don't ask for ID, don't mind underage people and have a young, classy crowd.

Yeah its called an under 18s disco. :D well except for the classy bit

Judging by your pic you look like you should have no problem gettin in anywhere. just where a low cut top and show of a good big of leg. Id let ya in no problem

• Advertisement

No problem as in I look old enough? And are you a bouncer of your own little imaginary club? "I'd ley you in".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

go out to rathmines or bondi...they are a good bit less sleazy than town and if u get there early to tramco anyway you'll have no hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

no aint a bouncer. I was just speaking from a if i was a bouncer point of view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Bondi's been attracting more and more knackers since september 2004, last summer the place was so amazing, cept then it just started going downhill.
    Still a bit of a laugh every once in a while. DO NOT go on a sunday, its full of knacks and ugly people.....i found out that info the hard way.....*shudder*

Unless you're a great liar you're going to have problems getting in everywhere, everywhere is obliged to ask for ID and they totally will if they've never seen you before i.e if you're going to try, go with regulars(92 might work if you're with people the bouncers know) and doon't go up after already having a few drinks, you'd have like a 10% chance.

If you don't want to risk a fake ID then why not just borrow someone that you look vaguely like's passport or something, the worst they can say is "that isn't you" then give you it back and send you on your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

what would they do if they caught you with a fake id?

If you're caught with your own passport altered you could get in trouble big time, its considered altering government documents...but thats only if you're caught by the cops, if a doorman takes it off you, you're best off just leaving it and reporting it stolen like, reporting that it was stolen like a week or few days before it got confiscated.

If you're caught with someone elses passport or something, all you have to do is ask which garda station it'll be sent to(they're obliged to forward it to the cops) and then have the owner go and collect it and give it like "Yeah they took it off ME at the door and blah blah blah"....no trouble over it.

Unless you're thick you'll avoid fake garda cards, unless its a really good job with your own picture on it - they work perfectly.
    Most people would just alter their birth certs and apply for a garda card...its risky but if its done well you're totally set for going out hassle free...
    Obviously, if the cops found you trying to apply with an altered birth cert there'd be like hell to pay(as it does have a warning on the certificate),

Personally, i got caught with a fake provisional driving licence and was given a jlo, that was it just like a slap on the wrist i guess.

Oh but for clubs;

if you're caught with someone elses id they'll say "thats not you" or something and like, send you on your way.

if you're caught with a altered ID they may take it off you...depending on what kind of id.

if you're caught with an altered passport, they'll take it and send it to the local cop shop.

I've never seen anything worse than that happen before.

See, I want to save my self the embarrassment of all the above. I was at an unnamed location earlier this year and I went up to the bar and ordered a Bacardi and Diet Seven-Up. The guy goes "Alright, can I see you ID?" I looked at him as if he had about ten heads, turned around to some random girl beside me and went "Did you hear what he said? He just asked me for ID!" And I laughed and turned back to the barman and went "Sweetheart, I can't remember the last time somebody asked me for ID. I take it you don't know who I am?" And I didn't have to make up some random title because he got all apologetic and gave me my drink, and when I went to pay him, he goes "No no, don't worry about it". I was like, SCORE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    See, I want to save my self the embarrassment of all the above. I was at an unnamed location earlier this year and I went up to the bar and ordered a Bacardi and Diet Seven-Up. The guy goes "Alright, can I see you ID?" I looked at him as if he had about ten heads, turned around to some random girl beside me and went "Did you hear what he said? He just asked me for ID!" And I laughed and turned back to the barman and went "Sweetheart, I can't remember the last time somebody asked me for ID. I take it you don't know who I am?" And I didn't have to make up some random title because he got all apologetic and gave me my drink, and when I went to pay him, he goes "No no, don't worry about it". I was like, SCORE!

alright sexyd4lady,
    im 22 been going to clubs and **** since i was 15(was alot easier in my day). So i have alot of experience. Basically thoses fake id websites, all their ids are a load of **** anways cause every pub/club in ireland is obliged to only accept garda id/passport/drivers licenece.
    In my experience a place could have a reputation for being easy for underages to get in and that may be well and true, but it all depends on the bouncers attitute on the night and if your lucky. For no reason at all the bouncer could stop you and say not tonight and RUIN your night they are compelte assholes.
    As for getting into to place, you've got a much higher chance of getting into a place if your a couple. so get one of your guy mates and go in as a couple and usually you'll stroll in no problemos. If your in a big group of your friend who are all also 17 etc, you will stand out as looking young so, separate into smaller groups of 2-3s.
    As for places to go, coyote lounge i heard off my sister is the underage place on a sat night. I ended up there one night completely by accident(i swear) and felt like a pedo. As for bondi beach, ive been asked for id there every time ive been there. But that place is ****, full of **** not my scene. Places like the temple bar music centre, have a pretty relaxed door staff as well.
    Hope that helps, as i say, its all luck really at the end of the day.

PS that attitude that you were saying above ie the "do you know who i am business" will get you laughed at most of the time and probably kicked out!!
    I know a few very attractive girls who tried pulling that stunt loadsa times and 9 times outta 10 laughed at!

lol do you remember the days when USIT cards were excepted!?

Dude, in her original post she said "classy" - Coyote is not only totally underage(noone is older than 16), its a total dive full of like the children of Dublin's biggest knackers, thats these days though.
    Back 4 years ago the place had the same crowd that like 92,bels etc have today so it was a pretty good place to go.

I haven't been asked for ID in a pub in so long, but yet every club i go to they'll ask for ID..even though the doormen at Il Mondo know me, they'll still ask for it.

To be totally honest, i think your chances of getting into a club without any sort of ID are slim at best, they have doormen for a reason like and no club, no matter where it is or who owns it "don't mind underagers"...you are aware of the like harsh penalties they have to pay if they're caught serving underagers aren't you?Some clubs are more liberal but that means they'll just be like more careless checking ids and stuff, so if the cops did raid the place they could at least say they thought they were over 18 and that the id was real and blah blah blah verrry few clubs would actually let anyone with ID in...

• Advertisement

Wha abou Tomangowiz?

Oh yeah Tomangos, heard its closing in two weeks, anyone else hear?

Oh moy Jayziz, fook me backwards, dat is shoy, roy? Tomangowiz is a fookin dealy kip. Sure it was where oy was coseeived, innit?

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Oh moy Jayziz, fook me backwards, dat is shoy, roy? Tomangowiz is a fookin dealy kip. Sure it was where oy was coseeived, innit?
    why aren't you out tonight?

Coz oy was visitn me Da in de Joy an den ih was to lay, roy. Why am I fookin tellin ye, ye fookin poshy bastard.

god, way over my head, must be dublin talk

Don't blame Dublin for THAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

Richie6904 wrote:
    Yeah its called an under 18s disco. :D well except for the classy bit

Judging by your pic you look like you should have no problem gettin in anywhere. just where a low cut top and show of a good big of leg. Id let ya in no problem

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Hey sexy...did u ever try using ur passport?they only look at the yr on it so if u are 18 in 2005 you will get in now prob..i did it for months b4 i was 18 and it never failed me.give it a go.....bouncers arent exactly renounded for their IQ's...havent seen 2 many of them in mensa recently. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 smarties

if your goin to a place thats a bit of an underage place, eg bondi ivy safari etc, your better off with a borrowed id that looks nothing like you than nothing, they know every1 is uhnderage in these places but they still have to ask for id, like ive showed id before and the bouncers laugh at it and then let me in, but if your goin to a place thats not usually an underage place your better off not showing a **** id, also yeah if your born in 1987 your won passport cud work, but not if your born in 88.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement