Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs... which ones are best??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Sheesh...I haven't been to Dublin in a while. I don't know any of the clubs mentioned.

Here is what I would do to get in to a club if I was underage.

Photocopy a passport of someone who is over 18 (and claim that you don't want to take your real passport out because you lost the last one) and 'doctor' to show you are at least 19.

Or create some fake ID on a home computer get it printed on a good quality printer and have it laminated. Create an ID like the 'Association of Professional Masseuses' and give the bouncer a naughty look.

Chances the bouncer will let you in because he thinks he has a chance with you or just let you in because he has covered his ass...

I know it is highly irresponsible encouraging underage drinking but chances you are going to do it one way or the other so it is better to drink in the comfort of a club.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Theres not a chance in hell that any bouncer in the country is that dumb.they may not be the sharpest tools in the box but even bouncers would see through that idea.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 128 ✭✭MuchSavage

not a hope in dublin.......
    You either don't get asked generally, or you do...

And if you do, it would be your passport, age card, or provisional that will work.....

Someplaces won't even accept College ID during the year.....

Bouncers ain't stupid, maybe stubbern sometimes, but don't try fool them with somethin that don't sound realistic........ They will be insulted and defo won't let u in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Maybe the above suggestions were a bit far fetched but I don't think that bouncers are the sharpest knives in the drawer either.

OK - just stick with the cute and coy routine. I'd say those dimples would melt any hardboiled bouncer SexyD4Lady!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

would they accept a J1 visa card or an international student travel card?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

BrightEyes wrote:
    would they accept a J1 visa card or an international student travel card?

they wouldnt spit on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Agh, Hate My Dimples!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

they wouldnt spit on that!

They'd definately spit on it :p
    You'll have no problem getting into Bondi, me and the lads had to stop going there becuase one of their little sisters (just done her junior cert by the way) stated getting in. (and also coz i got carried out for being extremely hammered - as in unable to stand) :p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Pretty much the only ID's they accept anymore is: passport, driver's licence, or Garda ID. If you were born in 88, like meeee, then get a provisional licence and use a bit of tip-ex and pen ink(dip a needle in them) to change the second 8 to a 6. I did it a few months ago and it turned out really well -- and I've not had trouble getting in anywhere since! Thank god, too, cos I'm gonna need it for the first 5 months of college! :p

Yeah i gotta agree with Dstar about sexyd4lady.very sexy smile! ;)

• Advertisement

OOOOH yeah. I am hotter than Duffman.

Its a close call but id have 2 give you the advantage over Duffman :D

Ok ok ok, enough about my hotness... heehee ;)
    Does anybody know what the Ivy is like to get into? What about d2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

You won't get into D2.
    The Ivy ask everyone for ID, as long as you have something then you're fine, but without it you've little chance of getting in, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Dr.Smurf

Well... There is ONE Good Place where you can visit in dublin is "SPIRIT" I think thats the best club in dublin i ever was... But even if u look ~25 you wont get in... Its place where you should go right next week after ur 18th birthday... huh.. but there is really good club/pub just beside spirit called "traffic" music is kind of same as in spirit(3th floor)... Techno, House, Electronic.. there is two floors in Traffic, first one is bar for relaxing... and second one is dance floor.. if u really really want visit best club in dublin. get urself fake id... i got one last year(i was 15yrs)... and going to spirit since then... well i look on 20 :)~ also my id arnt garda or any another irish id.. its my country's student card and it works very well on all the clubs i tried.. ;)~ just doorman didnt let me in in ivy got no idea why.. :-|.. probably i was way too drunk them.. okey good luck sexy :)~

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Ivy is easy enough
    Mot sure about D2

SPIRIT?! HA! Knacker kip.

SexyD4Lady wrote:

LMAO :D You are far too honest for your own good.

That's nice, rb_ie. ANYWAY, people have stopped suggesting. SUGGEST, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

SexyD4Lady wrote:

so you have been in spirit before i take it?

listen, there are going to be "knackers" and "poshies" in EVERY CLUB you go to in dublin, so either stay at home every weekend or just mingle with them and you may be suprised to find that some "knackers" are very nice people.

anyway im 19, i go to bondi most wednesdays (yes ill admit it!) and i always get asked for ID even though they know my face. Your best bet is to get an older mates passport/garda id because you are bound to get asked, especially if you havnt been there before.

id also suggest tbmc

• Advertisement

so you have been in spirit before i take it?

nope, she hasn't been to any clubs before so isn't really in the position to comment on what the people are like tbh.

Pig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Youve upset the child, better watchout she might throw her toys at you!

In future you might not want to comment on things youve never experienced eh "SexyD4Lady".

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Pig.

pig??

Lol, yes, was in bad form. In all fairness, yeah, haven't been to Spirit, but honestly people, doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the type that go there. And they are most definitely not MY type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Lol, yes, was in bad form. In all fairness, yeah, haven't been to Spirit, but honestly people, doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the type that go there. And they are most definitely not MY type.

So have you stood outside it and watched the "type" of people that go in there?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

to an extent you would, if your headin somewhere new, I've been to clubs where the bouncers told me it'd be a bad idea to go into a certain club due to my type...upon relection, prob a good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 smarties

im 17 and mum bought me a new coat and ever since i havnt been asked for id.

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    In all fairness, yeah, haven't been to Spirit, but honestly people, doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the type that go there. And they are most definitely not MY type.

Do you even have half a clue what you're talking about?
    You haven't been to any clubs, you don't know what type of crowd any club attracts.....
    Do you know anything about spirit at all?
    You're clearly not mature enough to go to a club yet and thankfully you won't get into any without ID, YOU'RE the type of person(i.e blatantly ignorant) I would hate to come across in a club tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

rb_ie i have to be honest, ive disagreed with alot of your theories in the past but you are spot on with the above post, spirit attracts totally different crowds on different nights...isnt sunday gay night for exmple?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement