Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs... which ones are best??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

I was a massive fan of Cayote. Myself and my college mates had some great times there. Myself and fifi on the dancefloor......oh those were the days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

K2 in HOWTH is a dump. I'm embarrsed to say it, but i use to go every weekend. The eye candy was ok, all sutton and howth. The first time there i saw 2 people shaging, no joke. I haven't being in 3 years at least.

here's a laugh.....

I was out last night and bouncer wouldn't let some bloke in, so the lad started to ring someone on the mobile and the bouncer said to him are you ringing mammy to see whats for dinner?

He turned to the bouncer and said no, Im ringing your ma to see whats for breakfeast.:D

I p**ed myself laughing like everbody. The bouncer was stuck for words :confused: haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭bagdaddy

If your underage and a D4 head then you will feel right at home at El mondo in ranelaigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

And Il Mondo bouncers would willingly allow me in with no ID whatsoever???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

For the last time, no, you won't get in without ID.
    Doormen are obliged to check for ID's so if the guards decide to raid the place they can at least say they checked everyone and thought everyone was overage.
    Unless you're a regular who they know is overage they will check you for ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I was at El Mondo last Saturday. For some reason I didn't like it at all and have no desire to go back. It's too far away from me, and it was too young for even me who's not 18 for a few days yet. The ID situation was a joke, the bouncers didn't have a blacklight or anything and seemed to just be checking that it was a real ID. They didn't give a shíte if you looked like the photo.

I had a good night and all, but it was way too packed and I just didn't get a nice vibe off the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭the_jocky

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Or I might just encourage him to let me in... and sleep with him...
    ther a way to that .Grow up. Sorry I'm not a virgin, sorry I'm not a slut,I think you are cracked in the head . send me your email adrs

the_jocky wrote:
    ther a way to that .Grow up. Sorry I'm not a virgin, sorry I'm not a slut,I think you are cracked in the head . send me your email adrs
    What? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

did RedBox stop doing the under 18 nights?
    couldn't you just go to them?

And there is baby wezz.I'm sure you'd have no problem getting in there.Friday nights AFAIK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Redbox is still closed until sometime in November, might even be till December now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Hello there everybody,

Unfortunately, right, I'm 17, don't have access to fake ID or anybody else's ID because I don't know anyone who looks even remotely like me. So I have no ID whatsoever.

Too old for teenage discos, too young for a good few clubs... however, I look older than I am, so I reckon I could get into one or two... anybody know of nightclubs in Dublin (preferably the south side, more geographically convenient for me) that have relaxed ID policies/dozy bouncers who do not ask for ID/bouncers who, when flirted with, let you in without ID? Appreciate all suggestions.

Thanks, everybody!

Well by the looks of it from driving past, anyone will get into Barcode in Clontarf. So thats where Im heading tonight. SexyD4Lady, you have the same date of birth albeit minus 4/5 years so I'd let ya in just for that

A few friends of mine from Clontarf go there and the bouncers are impossible. You may be a well dressed, well spoken 22 year old but they'll STILL say "Sorree, bud, not tonoight" and then if you question them, hit you over the head with a crowbar and leave you under the DART bridge.

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    A few friends of mine from Clontarf go there and the bouncers are impossible. You may be a well dressed, well spoken 22 year old but they'll STILL say "Sorree, bud, not tonoight" and then if you question them, hit you over the head with a crowbar and leave you under the DART bridge.

Well, you won't get that treatment at baby wezz.Have fun.

You can stop honing in on Baby Wezz, rb_ie, you're not even funny. You just sound a bit stuck up, frankly.

Oh, Bondi do some underage nights too AFAIK. You'll have to wait til the end of term though and I think they're usually ran on Tuesday nights.

A friend of mine's a head barman there, let me know what night you're going and I'll get him to sort you out with a few bottles of coke or 7up or something :D

Under 18s nights are out of the question. They were my port of call when I was 15. 2 YEARS AGO. Shan't be returning.

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Under 18s nights are out of the question. They were my port of call when I was 15. 2 YEARS AGO. Shan't be returning.

You're still under 18 so they should still be your port of call, as you put it.

Oh and there is always Spin1038's "Teenage Kicks" nights, AFAIK the next one is in the LeisurePlex in Tallaght Village.Book early to avoid disappointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

SexyD4Lady wrote:

ah but you see thats your problem, you turn up before the bouncers even get to the door. I went last night, turned up at half 7 not realising that the place didnt open until 8. so we were more or less the first people in there. and by the looks of it, there were a good few 17/18 year olds in there getting chatted up by the sc**bags and lapping it up instead of the likes of myself

Lol, d-arke! Did you have a good night? My cousin works as bar staff in there. I can never decide if that place is scumbaggy or not. Well, then again, I wouldn't know, I've never been!
    You turned up at half seven? That's very early. Are you underage? And once in when the bouncers were on the door, did you get asked for ID at the bar?

• Advertisement

Never mind, just read in your profile that you're 23. And Scottish! I'd say you have your fair share of attention from the Irish ladies with that accent! ;)

If there's bouncers on the door asking for ID, you won't be asked for it again for the night.
    Oh and there is an edit button, saves you having to post two posts in a row.
    SexyD4Lady wrote:
    I can never decide if that place is scumbaggy or not.
    ROFL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

I was at Bondi Beach last night.. OMG IT SUCKS!! I got kicked out for 'being too drunk' what else am I supposed to do in a nightclub? Drink tea?

^CwAzY^ wrote:
    I was at Bondi Beach last night.. OMG IT SUCKS!! I got kicked out for 'being too drunk' what else am I supposed to do in a nightclub? Drink tea?

No, drink in a somewhat responsible way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

god your mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I was at the Ivy last night. We ended up there because Bucko was outside and he promised us 2 free Millers each if we went in, we weren't going to say no to that!

It's really just not that good inside though, we had planned to go to reds for some reason but that didn't happen.

Oh it's ****ing great to finally be 18 though...

god your mean!
    ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

rb_ie wrote:
    No, drink in a somewhat responsible way.

Sponsored by Diageo (c)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

rb_ie wrote:
    ?

ya can be fierce harsh when ya wanna be

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    rb_ie, you're not even funny. You just sound a bit stuck up, frankly.

yes, hes stuck up...

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    SPIRIT?! HA! Knacker kip.

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    I can never decide if that place is scumbaggy or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement