Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs... which ones are best??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

He doesnt sound stuck up at all if you ask me. When someone whos never even been somewhere (never mind having been to a decent amount of clubs to be able to know whats a good/bad level to expect) decides to comment on what its like all you can do is laugh at them. Its not like youre going to take their opinion seriously.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

probably true, but it's spirit! wrong side of the liffey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

kaids wrote:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

kaids wrote:

Don't worry, your not allowed dubes anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Not allowed Dubes in Spirit? That's gas. You know the way there are sometimes signs up "no runners"? Are there signs in Spirit that say "no Deck shoes?"

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Not allowed Dubes in Spirit? That's gas. You know the way there are sometimes signs up "no runners"? Are there signs in Spirit that say "no Deck shoes?"

haha signs up saying "no runners"?You're definately referring to baby wezz there 'cause thats the only place I've ever seen it. Acting like you've been places "you know the way there are sometimes", lol, how cute :)

As for the supposed sign in Spirit, no it doesn't exist.
    TimAy just clearly took offence to the northside being slagged and decided to have a poke at what is supposed to be a trait of the Southside or "stuck up areas"(though they are rampant in the Northside and basically everyone <18 regardless of their background is wearing them also).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Trevko

I think Traffic on Mid Abbey St is quite cool..Pravda and hmm... The Porter House...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SillyWilly

Dakota rules too on Sunday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    A few friends of mine from Clontarf go there and the bouncers are impossible. You may be a well dressed, well spoken 22 year old but they'll STILL say "Sorree, bud, not tonoight" and then if you question them, hit you over the head with a crowbar and leave you under the DART bridge.

Thats the most retarded thing I think I've ever read.

I've never had any trouble with barcode bouncers. If they question you just dont start giving back talk. And when the look at your ID look them in the eye rather than the ground ( suprised hopw many people get refused for not looking at the bouncer when being checked ).

It's a good place, especially when the have the entertainers outside doing fire pois and juggling. Cheap drinks and a nice place outside the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭javelin

what are the best places to go if you are 18 then?
    I've only been to the clubs in the centre and getting kinda tired of it.

There is a full thread on Dublin nightclubs here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭javelin

oh, thanks :D

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Thank you! God, and that's a bad picture!!

not true, your a very good lookin girl IMO!

not true, your a very good lookin girl IMO!

There's a thread here for that kind of carry on.

rb_ie wrote:
    There's a thread here for that kind of carry on.

lol sorry off topic i know. was just browsing thro this thread really to get a consensus on the dublin nightlife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

I am hott, woohoohoo... heehee, sorry. Dakota? What's Dakota like??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Dtwo on Harcourt street, anyone? What's it like? Thinking of going there for my birthday in about two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

DaveMcG wrote:
    Dtwo on Harcourt street, anyone? What's it like? Thinking of going there for my birthday in about two weeks.

Thats the place with a pub upstairs and a club downstairs. I haven't heard any bad stories about it except for the fact its over 21's.

Is it? Sh!t, my sister said that it's not... fook.

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Playhouse is now over 21s too :(

WHAT?! :eek: Since when? I was planning on going there more often once I turned 18 :( Ahh that's crap, I love that place! :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

D2 is NOT over 21's

^
    I just checked their website -- it's over 20's :(

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Playhouse turned 21s last Thursday as far as I know...wouldn't even let us into the O Bar, big signs everywhere. I wasn't there this weekend but apparently it was the same, hopefully won't last too long though, the place will be empty!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

DaveMcG wrote:
    ^
    I just checked their website -- it's over 20's :(

do they really enforce it tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Fraggle Rocks

do they really enforce it tho?

bouncer there stopped me once,saying it was over 21s but i was with my bro and his mates who are all over 21 so he let me in after a while. Got stopped there another time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

isn't it now illegal to refuse anyone over 18 (as long as they haven't been barred, look like they're scumbags etc)?
    from what i remember, there was a law passed about 2 years ago which stated that as long as the average punter can prove they are 18 they can get into any pub/club and it's illegal to have signs up saying over 21/23 etc.

not that i'm bothered, being 30 and all. just thought i'd throw that in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

damn. i feel old looking at that post.

• Advertisement

bouncer there stopped me once,saying it was over 21s but i was with my bro and his mates who are all over 21 so he let me in after a while. Got stopped there another time though.

yeah a load of 18yr ols girls, didnt get in with me last wednesday, pretty gay if you ask me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement