Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs... which ones are best??

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Fraggle Rocks

yeah a load of 18yr ols girls, didnt get in with me last wednesday, pretty gay if you ask me

Yeah i got stopped with my friends, despite the fact we were going to a Surgeons night out that was on there and we all had our college ID :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ThaJudge

rb_ie wrote:
    lol do you remember the days when USIT cards were excepted!?

Dude, in her original post she said "classy" - Coyote is not only totally underage(noone is older than 16), its a total dive full of like the children of Dublin's biggest knackers, thats these days though.
    Back 4 years ago the place had the same crowd that like 92,bels etc have today so it was a pretty good place to go.

I haven't been asked for ID in a pub in so long, but yet every club i go to they'll ask for ID..even though the doormen at Il Mondo know me, they'll still ask for it.

To be totally honest, i think your chances of getting into a club without any sort of ID are slim at best, they have doormen for a reason like and no club, no matter where it is or who owns it "don't mind underagers"...you are aware of the like harsh penalties they have to pay if they're caught serving underagers aren't you?Some clubs are more liberal but that means they'll just be like more careless checking ids and stuff, so if the cops did raid the place they could at least say they thought they were over 18 and that the id was real and blah blah blah verrry few clubs would actually let anyone with ID in...

Your slaggin coyote and then mention in the same post that you go to Il Mondos?! 15 year olds get in there without any ID...no wuestions asked... in there...place is fookin rubbish!! Really really poor!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

ThaJudge wrote:
    Your slaggin coyote and then mention in the same post that you go to Il Mondos?! 15 year olds get in there without any ID...no wuestions asked... in there...place is fookin rubbish!! Really really poor!!

That was written on the 19/08/05, since September 2005 il mondo has become more and more underage. Now its just full of underagers and quite a few knackers.
    When I wrote that it was a great place to go, very few underagers, no knackers, good music, good prices etc.
    The club itself is still a great place, if the crowd were older I'd probably still be going there.
    Coyote was good back in around 2001/2002. It was one of the first clubs most people I know went to, there was a good crowd etc but then it became a total dive full of knackers.
    Now coyote is gone and 21 is there to replace it and I've yet to have a bad night in 21. That said I've only been a few times and one of those was for a UCD night, so time will tell.

Oh and don't be thick, 15 year olds don't get in anywhere without ID.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

21 is total pants, its full of skangers and whatnot. the odd student night can be good there, thay have some alright promotions on there sometimes, its what coyote was late 03

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

21s crowd during the week is usually okay, get the odd few old age pensioner weird men though. At the weekend I agree though its the same as everywhere else in town, knacktastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Blut wrote:
    21s crowd during the week is usually okay, get the odd few old age pensioner weird men though. At the weekend I agree though its the same as everywhere else in town, knacktastic.

I haven't been on the weekend but I think I'll avoid it now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

I wouldnt say avoid totally, its not anywhere near weekend barcode/spirit levels of knackery...its just its more of a good backup place at the weekend, sort of like Qbar used to be like. If you get refused from Rios/D2/wherever its the best of whats left.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Blut wrote:
    I wouldnt say avoid totally, its not anywhere near weekend barcode/spirit levels of knackery...its just its more of a good backup place at the weekend, sort of like Qbar used to be like. If you get refused from Rios/D2/wherever its the best of whats left.

yes, your right, tis the best of a bad lot...tho q bar isnt horrid if your drunk enough, and boomerangs was good crack over the summer for a bit of banter come to think of it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Blut wrote:
    21s crowd during the week is usually okay, get the odd few old age pensioner weird men though.

Ive heard this a few times now. Can anyone confirm that 21's is indeed an option for those of us who are 'mature' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Dustaz wrote:
    Ive heard this a few times now. Can anyone confirm that 21's is indeed an option for those of us who are 'mature' ?

Define 'mature'.

I was there last Saturday and the oldest I met was about 27.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

early 30s :P

Ive found that past 25 or 26 its all the same till the 40's though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

rb_ie wrote:
    Oh but for clubs;

if you're caught with someone elses id they'll say "thats not you" or something and like, send you on your way.

if you're caught with a altered ID they may take it off you...depending on what kind of id.

if you're caught with an altered passport, they'll take it and send it to the local cop shop.

I've never seen anything worse than that happen before.

Wel guess what? Look to the first post by me and see that my friennd's i.d was taken from me once (and mailed back o him), so unfair when I actually didn't even attempt to get in (he was caught giving it to me for SOMEWHERE ELSE RAWR).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Mohanned

ok if u go 21s and u let me know u can get in no problem if u still underage lol
    i work their

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Sweet bump. Over 2½ years old...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Mohanned wrote: »
    ok if u go 21s and u let me know u can get in no problem if u still underage lol
    i work their

Smooth....

Not a nighttclub but I found myself paying my first visit to Dublin student institution The Big Tree after the Cyprus match in Croker. Awful spot, though tbh I guessed as much by the type of people I have known to frequent the place over the years.

jasus, blast from past....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement