Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design a system

Options
  • 18-08-2005 1:41am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

I'm going with this forum as it appears to be the closest to what i'm looking for. I want to design a system for a pub, a complete audio visual system. It's something i was asked to look into.
    The pub consists of four main sections with the possible of a fifth. There is a bar thats approximatly 20 feet by 15 feet, a lounge about 20 feet by 30 feet, another area approx 20 feet by 40 and a smoking area approx 15 by 15. talking about 18 speakers in total, four for each area with 6 for the larger section. they will be linked to a digital jukebox, tv, dvd, video and radio through a mixer system.
    basicly i'm looking for suggestions of equipment, prices and ideas.

all help appricated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Thorsman (part of the schneider group ) do a system for the control of all devices for pubs etc. Also a company called smart homes do something similar, or AVL. If you want I can put you in contact with some of these guys as I have a couple of projects on at the moment and some of the guys are biting at them, tell me what you looking for and I'll get you some ideas. These systems will allow you to swich sky sports and DVD and TV etc around the different screens, they block flooding of remote controls etc. You might just be looking for advice on speakers etc, but increasingly Pubs are going for the whole lot, speakers and control. I'll pass on their advice and info to you if you want, I'm meeting three of em next week so get your questions in (if you have any) you can speak to em yourself about price, you could install it yourself. But I can advise if your being ripped off.
    You might aswell know the options, there are many (I'm sure you know this if someone asked you to look into it for them), going for decent Bose speakers is a safe option, but what are the areas going to be used for, TV areas, Music areas, dancing, bands etc, I know a good Bose agent too.

Advertisement