Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest I.C Champ of All Time

• 18-08-2005 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Probably been done to death

But Im interest in hearing who you think was the greatest WWE/WWF Intercontinental Champion to never go on and win the WWE/WWF Heavyweight title

My pick would definatly be Curt Hennig aka Mr. Perfect. It was a crime that he never really went on to become a top name player, his gimmic was great and his ability was up there with anyone, he made a great champion

Opinions???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

shawn micheals

had so many epic battles when he ws IC champ , he hheld the belt for a long time as well ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ric_Flair

Dont mean to be an @$$ dude, but i think u missed the whole point of my post?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

it would have been benoit but of course he won it at mania 20..
    now i think it would still be Curt Hennig aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I'd would say Jericho but does the undisputed title count since was Jericho was put down to the mid-card straight after he lost it. Also Booker T, RVD and EDGE should have had the Title by now.

Mr Perfect really should have won the title as well i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

British Bulldog. Definitely best IC Title win at Summerslam 92.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gdez

I would certainly agree that Mr Perfect was one of the best Ic Champions never to win the big 1.
    I also think Owen Hart is another candidate, & unfortunately they have both passed away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

From a purely gimmick point of view, and how much fans hated him, it would have to be Honky Tonk.

Apart from that, Ill go with everyone else here and say Mr Perfect. He really added credibilty to the belt, much the same as Honky Tonk did.

Owen Hart didnt do a bad job either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Honky Tonk Man because he was always one of my favourites. Hasn't been a good intercontinental reighn in ages, not since you had angle, jericho and benoit all gunning for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

would have to be rickey the dragon steamboat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Mr Perfect without a doubt and he could have been a great World Champion too if old man Hogan hadn't been so selfish about keeping his spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

xzodia wrote:
    would have to be rickey the dragon steamboat

Steamboat was NWA World champion in 1989, had some classics with Flair back then; though I see your point in that he wasn't a WWF champion. One could also say the same for Jeff Jarrett, a damn good worker in the ring come what may

I'd have to go with Honky for getting the belt hyper over and beyond what it was. Remember that his reign got Bret Hart, Randy Savage and Ultimate Warrior accepted by the fans as big legit players in a title race as well as getting the IC strap into a big prominance. One other name that warrants mention is Pedro Morales, who was more over in New York in the early 80's than even Hogan was.

Always felt Hennig on merit deserved a run, pity his body let him down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 corpus

Have to say Rick Rude was a great I.C. champ. Great feud with Warrior, but was held back as usal by Hogan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ric_Flair

Ricky Steamboat was a great wrestler alright

As was Rick Rude and Most Definatly Owen Hart and The Bull-dog

Never really Rated the Honky Tonk though except maybe when he was tagging with Greg Valentine. My memory doesnt really stretch back to Pedro Morales and altough I have since read about him Im not gonna talk about a guy I never really watched in action

Other Wrestlers who deserve a quick mention in the I.C title game are Roddy Piper (for his legacy more than his title reign) Scott Hall (really blew it with personal problems) and Shelton Benjamin

But Im not budging from my stance that Curt Hennig is the Greatest I.C Champion to never go on to win the W.W.E/W.W.F World Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gdez

Ric_Flair wrote:
    Ricky Steamboat was a great wrestler alright

As was Rick Rude and Most Definatly Owen Hart and The Bull-dog

Never really Rated the Honky Tonk though except maybe when he was tagging with Greg Valentine. My memory doesnt really stretch back to Pedro Morales and altough I have since read about him Im not gonna talk about a guy I never really watched in action

Other Wrestlers who deserve a quick mention in the I.C title game are Roddy Piper (for his legacy more than his title reign) Scott Hall (really blew it with personal problems) and Shelton Benjamin

But Im not budging from my stance that Curt Hennig is the Greatest I.C Champion to never go on to win the W.W.E/W.W.F World Championship

Was Roddy Piper never World Champ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I think it was Jeff Jerrert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

ted dibiase would be bang up there if only i could remember if he was ever i.c. champion
    rob van dam is undoubtedly the best worker out of any wrestler mentioned on this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

Has to be benjamin, longest reigning.

EFC-4eva wrote:

no hes not, honky tonk man held the i.c. title for 18 months
    you've probably been watching wrestling about a year....??

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Legend_Killer

EFC-4eva wrote:
    for the last 10 years i believe!

I changed my mined about Jerrert.
    Bret Hart wasn't the longest raigning IC Champ, bet I think the best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I agree british Bulldog

Said the Rock b4 readimg 1st post! Duh! :p

Nailz wrote:
    I changed my mined about Jerrert.
    Bret Hart wasn't the longest raigning IC Champ, bet I think the best.

are you stupid, read the first post and you would know bret hart is not eligible for selection as he has been wwf champion

Okay, Oh well I say............... Rodey Piper, or was he a WWF Champion before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 WweHardyV2

Chris Jericho was definately the best IC champ!He's a brilliant entertainer and wrestler!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

that were never champ

Scott Hall because of his ladder matches for the ic belt vs shawn micheals

WweHardyV2 wrote:
    Chris Jericho was definately the best IC champ!He's a brilliant entertainer and wrestler!

Sorry to sink your boat, but Chris Jericho was WWE Champion before,
    and if you read the main title, you'll find out why I'm saying this. :rolleyes:

Advertisement