Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a particular type of dance music

• 18-08-2005 2:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

I'm not a huge follower of dance music so I'm not particularly aware of the names given to the various types around. What I am looking for is music that is reasonably up-tempo, although not too much so. Most dance music I have found tends to employ a blend of fast and slow segments which I don't want. The music should also have strong bass beats, but the trebble should dominate.

A number of examples would include Paul Oakenfields Dread Rock, and Ready Steady Go, and JFKs Whiplash.

All of these tracks I find have a great impact which is what I am looking for rather than a generic tune which could almost be ignored. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Thats kind of vague really. Maybe a bit more explaination?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Funky Tribal House (non-cheesy)

I'd say that's probably what you're looking for although you were extremely vague to say the least!

A good idea might be to trawl through some of the house sub-genres on www.juno.co.uk and listen to a good few tune samples. You'll get a fairly fast and quick idea of what you're after if you spend a few hours doing that and then you'll know exactly where to go thereafter.

Be warned, tunes & in particular "buying" new tunes is a very addictive and sometimes(?) expensive but fun habit!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Unfortunately I don't know enough about dance music to be anymore specific. I know what I am looking for when I hear it, but the descriptions and examples I gave above are as good as I can give.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

go get dj overseers album, film fight scene dance music, it's his own genre and he's the daddy of it! that would be my guess. crystal method also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 the dice man

go to

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

and you'll be able to figure out at least what genre you're into

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

wat those guys are saying is right u need to get a couple of tunes thats suits wat ur looking for, when u have that im sure we can guide u in the right direction to new dj's and new tunes that might be of ur liken

I listed 3;)

weak infant seems to be on the right track with his idea of film fight music, although alot of that kind of music isn't what I'm after, Crystal Method's blood rave song from blade fits the bill. I'll have to have a listen to some more of their stuff and see if I can pick up that DJ Overseers album mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

OSiriS wrote:
    weak infant seems to be on the right track with his idea of film fight music, although alot of that kind of music isn't what I'm after, Crystal Method's blood rave song from blade fits the bill.
    you mean "New Order - Confusion"?
    could pe a little tricky pinpointing what kind of music you're after if that's the case :p

It seems to be specific track rather than a particular genre I'm after. Generic mood music for dramatic action sequences.

try "propellerheads - bang on" then i suppose... i'll think of a few more later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Check "Loud" by Timo Maas. Plenty of stuff on that album that'll float your boat.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

tman wrote:

Aye, their album Decks Drums and Rock n Roll is da shizzle! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

photek - ni ten ichi ryu

most dramatic tense cinematic fight scene tune EVER.

tman wrote:

Thought it might have had potential, but turned out to be a bit too up-tempo and mundane. Thanks for the suggestion though:) Will have a listen to the others.

Try "BT - Revolution"
    and "CJ Bolland - It ain't gonna be me"

Advertisement