Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes,you know you want to.

Options
  • 18-08-2005 2:15am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Online sites for footwear needs and fetishes.

http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/

If anybody has any experience with buying such shoes online,let it be known.Also put up some more suggestions if you please.

/aside what site did you get yours at ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

The women's ones are nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

I booked my 3c RyanAir flights to Gatwick last week.

Vegetarian Shoes run a small store on Gardner Street (Brighton, UK) which is worth a visit.

Buying online can be dodgy (as I have found) as shoes/boots run a size too small on their site. Cheaper to fly there, try them on and retun the same evening (have done it before and am doing it again).

signed,
    the token weaponised skinhead veggie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

simu wrote:
    The women's ones are nice!
    how does that help me...unless...?

kasintahan; i don't think i will leave the country for shoes quite yet :p but i think it would be good to get my sis to get some for me,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

can you eat them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

how does that help me...unless...?

Boards isn't all about you, ya know! :)

And having taken a look, the men's ones look pretty good too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

kasintahan wrote:

Vegetarian Shoes run a small store on Gardner Street (Brighton, UK) which is worth a visit.

Buying online can be dodgy (as I have found) as shoes/boots run a size too small on their site. Cheaper to fly there, try them on and retun the same evening (have done it before and am doing it again).

signed,

you telling me there arn't any in ireland

you telling me there arn't any in ireland

Yes. Unless you want far eastern made trainers, you can't get shoes.

As for leaving the country for shoes - it's quicker and cheaper than a triain Galway. You can eat breakfast at home, pack a lunch, hop on the plane, 20 mins on a train to Brighton walk to the shop, buy your shoes, eat your lunch and be home for tea and medals.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

woah,there is no train to galway for me.

how much exactly does this lovely trip cost you :p

simu wrote:
    Boards isn't all about you, ya know! :)

And having taken a look, the men's ones look pretty good too.
    ah no,i was just considering a womens vegetarian shoe fetish for a moment :).not all about me huh,*storms off*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

kasintahan wrote:

signed,

OT

So you fly and waste a huge carbon allocation to be more friendly to the environment?
    I dont get it, surely your awareness stretches to things like cheap flights causing huge problems for the environment and air travel being the greatest polluter at the moment?

• Advertisement

there is no other viable means of fast travel to other countries atm so it is pointless for him not to fly as the flight will always go regardless. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

i used vegetarian-shoes.co.uk; the one you suggested. i wasn't too happy with them cause they warned that the shoe might be a half-size big, but promised insoles would make the difference. they lied!! plus, very bad correspondance - when i emailed for advice, whether to return the shoes, or if what i had was the best option, they took far too long in replying (at least a week, if not longer...), so, not a good idea. plus, postage to ireland was like 10euro, then.. if i were to return them, i'd be charged that again... ugh. far too much hassle. now i have shoes which look brill, but aren't a good fit, and cause far too much pain... ugh! oh well.

i hear ordering converse on the net works well though :)

Blub2k4 wrote:
    OT

So you fly and waste a huge carbon allocation to be more friendly to the environment?
    I dont get it, surely your awareness stretches to things like cheap flights causing huge problems for the environment and air travel being the greatest polluter at the moment?

I have faith that the EU will put it's boot in WRT the environmental issues surrounding planes and their fuel. The more people fly, the sooner this will be done. See recent WEEE tax on white goods as an example.

Besides, I see it as a case of lesser evils.

kasintahan wrote:
    I have faith that the EU will put it's boot in WRT the environmental issues surrounding planes and their fuel. The more people fly, the sooner this will be done. See recent WEEE tax on white goods as an example.

Besides, I see it as a case of lesser evils.

In the meantime lets lap up the cheap flights?

you know that ad on at the moment about energy where everyone says it makes no difference what they themselves do and multiplies until there are thousands saying that it doesn't matter what they do?
    The animals will have difficulty staying alive in much greater numbers if we decimate the planet, lesser of two evils? wow.
    Anyway this is OT, but sure cheap (ethical ??????) shoes here we come. :cool:

this thread isn't about flights now is it.look there is the topic,beside the x go find it.
    > x

this thread isn't about flights now is it.look there is the topic,beside the x go find it.
    > x

I know, apologies, I just couldn't let it go.

Advertisement