Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Tale of Two Cities...RTE 2 Friday night at 7.30

• 18-08-2005 9:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

It might be a bit early to call it a title decider but the Brandywell on Friday night is going to have a big say on who will be champions in November.

Realistically, Derry have to at least get a draw if not a win to make sure Cork don't run away with it.

The key battles as I see it.

Pat McCourt vs George O'Callaghan...Pat McCout is in better form
    Ciaran Martyn vs Joe Gamble...Gamble is the best midfielder in the country at the moment. He'll have to stop Martyns runs from deep.
    John O'Flynn vs "Pizza" Hutton...I give Hutton the edge here too.
    Alan Bennett vs Mark Farren..Both in great form, but I give Bennett the vote here.

The Brandywell is always a hard place to get a result and Friday will be no different.

Prediction 2-2 Draw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Can't see it being that high-scoring. 1-1, or 2-1 Cork, I'd say. Derry deserve to be second, and no-one can take it away from them, but football-wise they aren't on the same planet as Cork, and Cork won't fear the Brandywell, the crowd, or the systematic "homer" refereeing performances that Derry seem to benefit from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I was just thinking there. Do you think George O'Callaghan will get back into the team even. Rico has tended to keep the winning team since the start of the season.

Greg played well on Monday and dropping Gamble is a no-go at this stage. Maybe O'Dononvan will be dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

I cant see Derry getting a result out of this somehow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Hope Derry beat the langers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Shels vs Bohs is also a big match tomorrow.

Only two years ago that game was the key fixture. Now it looks like it will decide who get the inter-2bob cup. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement