Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evanescence

• 18-08-2005 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Rightio, are there any Ev fans on this board?? Coz i know you'v gained one (me!) But i need more ppls!! Lol. Just post here if u know ANY song by them, or own an album/single. I'd b more than happy to tell you pretty much all i know of their music! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I'm not but Tar.Aldarion is.

Although I do know that song in which your one is falling off some building or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nirina

grimloch wrote:
    I'm not but Tar.Aldarion is.

Although I do know that song in which your one is falling off some building or other.
    that one's called "Bring me to life", also from the Daredevil OST. And thanx for telling me who's into them :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

oddly enough i am,very different from what i usually like,i got one of their albums a while back with a lovely extra version of my immortal on it and will get more.I think it is great.
    Nightwish is also a fan and possibly TheZappa.i don't know other peoples tastes as good as some people know mine :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

No, can't say I like them at all myself. Always struck me as ripping off Lacuna Coil's sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I'm a fan, Amy Lee is pretty hot infairness. Although, the last 3 cds released by the band are just different collections of the same songs. I'd like to see them make another album, maybe try a different sound or something. I love the song Everybody's Fool, and the 3 versions of Imaginary that they've released.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Angry_Man

Have Fallen and Anywhere But Home, and I've been listening to Evanescence since I first heard Bring Me To Life, which was 2 years ago I guess. But what I'd really like to know is how long has Evanescence been around for? Are there any other singles/albums, even if they weren't released here?

Oh, and is Ben Moody still in the band? Somebody said he'd left...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

They've another album called Origin which is pretty good, and there's another collect called Not for Your Ears, which has the original recordings of songs like Bring Me to Life, Everybody's Fool and older stuff that Amy Lee did before Evanescence. Not sure about Ben Moddy though, I heard he left too. Its wierd though, Evanescence are nothing like a band I'd usually listen to, but I think they're very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Angry_Man wrote:
    Oh, and is Ben Moody still in the band? Somebody said he'd left...
    Isn't he in Avril Lavigne's band now?! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Zapho wrote:
    Its wierd though, Evanescence are nothing like a band I'd usually listen to, but I think they're very good
    thats the one,
    carcass->evanescence huh?anyway for whatever reason,i do love them.Listened to their first album a few times last night.

isn't there some eps and some thing with blood in the title that they do too.i deleted the pm i got talking about it :(

• Advertisement

Angry_Man wrote:
    Have Fallen and Anywhere But Home, and I've been listening to Evanescence since I first heard Bring Me To Life, which was 2 years ago I guess. But what I'd really like to know is how long has Evanescence been around for? Are there any other singles/albums, even if they weren't released here?

I have those two too! and i love them, live Ev is wicked!! I think i started listening to them around the same time as urself, and their new alb is cominng out in March 06. Completely new work i think too. And yes, ben Moody left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

I quite like them, but I suspect that most metal fans would view them as being too soft/commercial, while on the other hand non-metal fans would tend to view them as too metal sounding, so they're kind of stuck in the middle, if you know what I mean.

Zapho wrote:
    Its wierd though, Evanescence are nothing like a band I'd usually listen to, but I think they're very good

Yeah, me too... Even my parents are into them, and my dad is much more of a Pink Floyd/Led Zepplin/Eric Clapton listener, i.e. won't respect any band that hasn't been around for 15 years or more....
    Zapho wrote:
    Not sure about Ben Moddy though, I heard he left too.

That's kinda worrying, from the sleeve notes it looks like he wrote most of Fallen...

basquille wrote:
    Isn't he in Avril Lavigne's band now?! :D
    em no! u muppet, he isn't!

Angry_Man wrote:
    Yeah, me too... Even my parents are into them, and my dad is much more of a Pink Floyd/Led Zepplin/Eric Clapton listener, i.e. won't respect any band that hasn't been around for 15 years or more....

That's kinda worrying, from the sleeve notes it looks like he wrote most of Fallen...
    hey! my dad also listens to PF, and my bro too! they're alright, i must admit.

Origin, was their first actual album, the oters were EPs and all were rly good. i think i've about *checks*48 songs by Ev, and then the two albs!

Nirina wrote:
    live Ev is wicked!!

Absolutely! When I first got Anywhere But Home, I was disappointed cause I thought it was actually a completely new album, not a live collection. But then I put it on.....

Angry_Man wrote:
    Absolutely! When I first got Anywhere But Home, I was disappointed cause I thought it was actually a completely new album, not a live collection. But then I put it on.....
    i know, i's like that too. and at first i wasn't gna get it bcoz it was just the same songs, plus "breathe no more" and "thoughtless" (two of my FAV songs ever), but i got it for the bday, and i loved it!! Funnily enough, my dad wanted to watch it with me?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

No, can't say I like them at all myself. Always struck me as ripping off Lacuna Coil's sound.
    Same view here, except I don't think they did it well.

However, the String Tribute album to them is a very enjoyable listen; I can't ebelieve I just admitted that! :mad: :)

Nirina wrote:
    Origin, was their first actual album, the oters were EPs and all were rly good. i think i've about *checks*48 songs by Ev, and then the two albs!

Any idea where I could get a copy of Origin? Just had a look at the usual suspects (amazon.co.uk, amazon.com, cdwow.ie, etc.), but none of them have it. Considering how big a seller Fallen was, I'm suprised they didn't re-release it...

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Same view here, except I don't think they did it well.

However, the String Tribute album to them is a very enjoyable listen; I can't ebelieve I just admitted that! :mad: :)
    well i still like them. and my opion is that Lacuna Coil and Ev don't sound alike at all, but Lacuna Coil & Nightwish, which is still pretty good!

• Advertisement

Nirina wrote:
    i know, i's like that too. and at first i wasn't gna get it bcoz it was just the same songs, plus "breathe no more" and "thoughtless" (two of my FAV songs ever), but i got it for the bday, and i loved it!! Funnily enough, my dad wanted to watch it with me?!

Yeah, with the live cd, two new studio recordings, live dvd and the 3 music videos (remind me if I left anything out) it's well worth it. I could understand how it might not appeal to a non-fan though, as it really is the kind of album made for fans...

Angry_Man wrote:
    Yeah, with the live cd, two new studio recordings, live dvd and the 3 music videos (remind me if I left anything out) it's well worth it. I could understand how it might not appeal to a non-fan though, as it really is the kind of album made for fans...
    Lol yeah. I think ya prob did leave out stuff, but i couldn't b arsed to correct you. Either way, "Anywhere But Home" rocks!! I even made a promo-wall for it!!

Nirina wrote:
    I even made a promo-wall for it!!

Err, what's a promo-wall?

Its like promotion for things. in my case, i made a desktop wallpaper;
    'Anywhere But Home' Promotion you see?

promotional wallpaper?

edit:she got there first

yups, do u think its nice? its not an official Promo-wall now, i'd need Ev's permission and all that probly! :p

Ahh I see....

Nice font. What is it?

its the Evanescent font, plus the Anywhere but home font. all available on http://www.dafont.com/en

Nirina wrote:
    yups, do u think its nice?

Yeah, esp. the font...

• Advertisement

tis a fine font but tis no barn english,

ya i like it.

Advertisement