Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evanescence

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nirina wrote:
    em no! u muppet, he isn't!
    Hey n00b... relax!!

Was just a bit of confusion as: (according to Wikipedia)
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Ben Moody II, born in Little Rock, Arkansas on January 22, 1980. From 1996 to October of 2003, he played lead guitar for the rock band Evanescence, a band that he formed while in high school. He is present on the albums Evanescence EP, Sound Asleep EP, Origin, and the band's major label debut, Fallen. Ben plays a Jackson DKMG Dinky and a Jackson SLSMG Soloist. He worked on the track Nobody's Home on Avril Lavigne's sophomore record, Under My Skin, and wrote and recorded the track The End Has Come for The Punisher movie soundtrack. He also collaborated with David Hodges and Kelly Clarkson on Clarkson's most recent album, Breakaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nirina

ah, but you see i think he only worked with er, not in the band! lol, i wasn't tryin to be mean r nothing! just a funny thot, that.

Well the font is pretty!! lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I quite like "Going under" and "My Immortal", anything else I've heard sounds a bit weak though, don't like the Davedevil one with all the rapping on top though.

Overall, I'd say they're no Lacuna Coil. Fallen is good, but Coma Lies is Excellent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

today i learned that people like lacuna coil....well this place is educational i guess.

I quite like "Going under" and "My Immortal", anything else I've heard sounds a bit weak though, don't like the Davedevil one with all the rapping on top though.

Overall, I'd say they're no Lacuna Coil. Fallen is good, but Coma Lies is Excellent.
    yes, but Lacuna Coil * Ev are 2 diff bands, making their own music. I also like "Going Under" but i much prefer the "soft" types; Breathe no more, Hello, Missing etc. And then of course the "hard" types; Everybody's Fool, Tourniquet, Taking Over Me, I Must be Dreaming, Anything For you etc. As u can see, my variety of songs i love of Ev is awfully wide. sure i could go on naming which ones i love and why. but then i'd bore ya!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Id hockey Amy Lee out of it like a ballymun slapper...never really thought of them as a band just 'that band with the fine singer'
    Couple of enjoyable tracks, shes got a great voice, but all in all just meh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Deadwing wrote:
    Id hockey Amy Lee out of it like a ballymun slapper...never really thought of them as a band just 'that band with the fine singer'.
    heh me too untill i got the album,and i second and third etc your amy lee ideas.:)

well i love them, and unfortunately i don't take bad crisizm too good. so try not to piss me off, aight?

who or what are you referring to?

i was referring to Deadwing about not posting mean hateful stuff of Ev or Amy Lee. i don't rly take to "hate-posts". sorry

• Advertisement

Couple of enjoyable tracks, shes got a great voice, but all in all just meh.
    ah that wasn't too bad,more of a meh post than a hate post :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

To anyone looking for origin, you're best bet is try ebay, I've never seen it in the shops myself, so I got mine of ebay.
    Nirina, that is a damn good wallpaper. You wouldn't have a higher resolution version of it?
    I'm slightly worried that their next album is gonna be very similar to the last one, seen as how Amy Lee's voice is very distinctive.

So does everyone recommend I get Anywhere But Home?

Zapho wrote:
    To anyone looking for origin, you're best bet is try ebay, I've never seen it in the shops myself, so I got mine of ebay.
    Nirina, that is a damn good wallpaper. You wouldn't have a higher resolution version of it?
    I'm slightly worried that their next album is gonna be very similar to the last one, seen as how Amy Lee's voice is very distinctive.

So does everyone recommend I get Anywhere But Home?
    Yup, i'v never been abl to find "Origin" in shops either, and i'v looked in 4 diff countries!! But i think i'm getting mine off Play.com or CDWow.com instead. But thanx for the tip.
    Thanks for liking my wall, sure have bigger resolution. What size u need? ^^
    And the new alb, is s'pozed to be quite different. Hang on, i'll get some info off the EvBoard now

1. Evanescence have recorded 4 NEW demo's for this album

2. Their next single will come from this album

3. [Possible "new" songs] Alone, Hate You, The Last Song I'm Wasting On You and Prisoner For A Day Long

4. Breathe No More and Missing may also be on the album

5. Another song that may be on there is a very old Ev. song called Catherine

6. It is likely that this album will be 12 - 18 tracks long

7. "Prisoner For A Day Long" is said to be the next single but Evanescence have not confirmed this

8. This album will be slightly like Haunted

9. Someone once said (i forget who) that Evanescence will start recording in October

10. This album will not be as successful as Fallen.

11. The album will come out March 2006

So there ya have it, tho they reckon the new one won't b as succesful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

No, can't say I like them at all myself. Always struck me as ripping off Lacuna Coil's sound.

yeah, dunno, I kinda like Lacuna Coil too, dont really have a problem with evanescence , some of their stuff's ok. I saw a cool Shamanic Princess AMV to one of their tracks before XD,
    /me was owned.

@nadir: LOL! i think my bro showed me that once before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I dunno, maybe somethin in the range of 1280X1024?
    Oh and just to let you let you know, the link to your blog doesn't work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Nirina wrote:
    So there ya have it, tho they reckon the new one won't b as succesful
    I read that as the new album will be like The Haunted. Which shocked me. Then IO re-read it. :)

so it doesn't soz, thats the old url, i'll change it now! and ok, i'll giv ya the link to the resized wall in a min

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Alright from what I heard, I can't say I'd find them compulsive listening though. To be perfectly honest, there's much better music out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 star_in_girl

i like evanescence but i wouldnt listen to them all the time.........it gets annoying then!

hmm..well i listen to Ev everyday, but other bands too, for a variety. Tho i don't feel listening to em lots can get annoying, but i won't argue with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Do you listen to anything but the likes of Evanescence, Linkin Park, and Good Charlotte? Perhaps some King Crimson or something? Maybe Jeff Buckley?

Umm.. ye. Christina Aguilera, Hilary Duff, Nightwish, a bit of Nirvana and green Day, Chilli Peppers, Foo Fighters.. Honestly, my list could expand to name so many artists!

Do you listen to anything but the likes of Evanescence, Linkin Park, and Good Charlotte? Perhaps some King Crimson or something? Maybe Jeff Buckley?

no i only like evanescence!
    i love the bands opeth,death,slayer,adagio,the flower kings,frank zappa...and so on!

and i love the band NILE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I liked them when 'Fallen' was released. I bought the album and thought it was pretty good but I wouldn't be too keen to buy other stuff by them, especially if Ben Moody has left.

My Immortal is somewhere in my fave top songs list.. Love the lyrics and playing it on the piano.

Ya, i love the piano on it too. (piano's also my fav instrument, thats also why) But even if Ben left, they'll do ok. Tho the article could be right, the new alb may not be as great as Fallen. But we'll see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Translation: Do you listen to anything good?

:)

• Advertisement

i love the piano and it is a good album i do like it yes!

but im not sure if i would buy their next album tho!

Advertisement