Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evanescence

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i edited damn you!!!why do people always notice!!!! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

amy4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Shes ok... tarja's much hotter tbh

i think amy has got tarja in this one.in my mind.

no matter how many pms with pictures of the hot tarja i get you are not going to persuade me :)....keep them goin though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Crimson Regret

I love Evanescence, they are one of my favourite bands.....Amy has an amazing voice and i love the lyrics....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

heeeyyy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Just noticed this thread now -- I like Evanescence, but agree with people who've noted that 'Origin' is a better album than 'Fallen'. I also like 'Nightwish' too, and I ordered a Lacuna Coil album from Play.com earlier this year, but it mysteriously vanished in the mail, so I don't think I'm supposed to like them ;)

Choosing a girl-rock fav though, I'd pick Lennon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Evanescence were accused of ripping off Lacuna Coil, but, LC weren't really known in the states before last years Ozzfest, so I dunno how that can be.Also LC also heavily feature male vocals. My fave band of that genre is obviously Nightwish, but for some reason I prefer Evanescence to Lacuna Coil. Getting a little sick of waiting for both bands to bring out their next album though. Also, just a suggestion, if any of you like Ev/LC you should check out Elis from Liechtenstein

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

mp3guy wrote:
    Shes ok... tarja's much hotter tbh

I dunno - I'll need more photographic evidence to make the decision :p
    nightwish wrote:
    Evanescence were accused of ripping off Lacuna Coil, but, LC weren't really known in the states before last years Ozzfest, so I dunno how that can be.Also LC also heavily feature male vocals.

I don't Lacuna Coil and Evanescance sound particularly similar, they're both metal bands with hot female lead singers, but their styles are both quite different if you ask me - Evanescence leaning more towards pop and American Papa-roach style metal, whereas Lacuna Coil are almost acoustic at times! (If you've got Coma Lies, stick in Disc 2 and skip along to the 3rd track, and see what I mean)
    nightwish wrote:
    My fave band of that genre is obviously Nightwish, but for some reason I prefer Evanescence to Lacuna Coil.

Oh you are *WRONG*! Lacuna Coil are streets ahead of Evanescene if you ask me, they sound to me like better musicians and I definitely prefer their music.

For some unknown reason I do actually like listening to Nightwish, but as a classicly trained musician who likes listening to metal, I reckon they've managed to lobotomise metal and bastardise oprea in one sitting! Listen to that strings-synth they use, it sounds like pain!
    That said, there must be something good in there because Oceanborn is still one of my most-played albums, even if it does make me cringe on a regular basis.

Anyway, for me it's gotta be Lacuna Coil > Nightwish > Evanescence

(Rant out)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Nightwish wrote:
    Evanescence were accused of ripping off Lacuna Coil, but, LC weren't really known in the states before last years Ozzfest, so I dunno how that can be.Also LC also heavily feature male vocals. My fave band of that genre is obviously Nightwish, but for some reason I prefer Evanescence to Lacuna Coil. Getting a little sick of waiting for both bands to bring out their next album though. Also, just a suggestion, if any of you like Ev/LC you should check out Elis from Liechtenstein
    Right, so because they weren't well known and mainstream another band can't rip them off? I forgot that until you're getting lots of MTV play noone is allowed own your records or be influenced by/rip off your work!

Anyway, for me it's gotta be Lacuna Coil > Nightwish > Evanescence

(Rant out)
    for me it's:

Nightwish > Evanescence >Lacuna Coil
    or

Evanescence > Nightwish > Lacuna Coil

i really can't decide atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

lacuna coil are much better than Evanescence , Evanescence singer just a little spoilt girl (from the dvd), but lacuna coil much more mature singer and band IMHO.

And what was said before LC - better musicians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I don't Lacuna Coil and Evanescance sound particularly similar, they're both metal bands with hot female lead singers, but their styles are both quite different if you ask me - Evanescence leaning more towards pop and American Papa-roach style metal, whereas Lacuna Coil are almost acoustic at times! (If you've got Coma Lies, stick in Disc 2 and skip along to the 3rd track, and see what I mean)

aye, agreed there.

For me its Evanescance > Lacuna Coil

Cant really comment on Nightwish as i've only started listening to them since i started reading this thread so it would be a bit premautre to rate them. Only thing i will say is i'm not too liking the synth\keyboard so far.

But in the looks dept it definitely Cristina > Amy

heeyyy when did this turn back into a disscusion thread... more pics....

now thats more like it ;) cool pics

uuugh not of that ugly bitch....back the orginal theme of amy lee (o did i just go there? i think i just did)

Steoob wrote:
    uuugh not of that ugly bitch....back the orginal theme of amy lee (o did i just go there? i think i just did)

amy lee is really over rated, just some american "goth" chick

mp3guy wrote:
    amy lee is really over rated, just some american "goth" chick

i agree ;)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Ev's music is more melancholic and acoustic than what was displayed on their breakthrough Fallen album-try listening to their EP Sound Asleep. Amy Lee has acknowledged that she didn't like what was done with their music, production wise, on Fallen. Apparently that was the way Ben Moody wanted it to sound. Their next album, is meant to sound like the pre-Fallen albums, which are FAR better. Lacuna Coil's male vocalist Andrea whatever-his-name-is isn't great IMO, and for me they don't have the poetic lyrics that are present in Evanescence's lyrics. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Lacuna Coil, I have all of their albums, but for me, I prefer Evanescence.

Nightwish wrote:
    Ev's music is more melancholic and acoustic than what was displayed on their breakthrough Fallen album-try listening to their EP Sound Asleep. Amy Lee has acknowledged that she didn't like what was done with their music, production wise, on Fallen. Apparently that was the way Ben Moody wanted it to sound. Their next album, is meant to sound like the pre-Fallen albums, which are FAR better. Lacuna Coil's male vocalist Andrea whatever-his-name-is isn't great IMO, and for me they don't have the poetic lyrics that are present in Evanescence's lyrics. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Lacuna Coil, I have all of their albums, but for me, I prefer Evanescence.

I don't like evanescence, because they're an american nu-metal band, one of the worst kind of bands a band can be /IMO :)

Nightwish wrote:
    Ev's music is more melancholic and acoustic than what was displayed on their breakthrough Fallen album-try listening to their EP Sound Asleep.

Hmm - and here I was under the impression that Fallen was their debut album - a number of people had told me that but if yourself (and allmusic) are to believed, I guess that's not the case :)

Well - I'll admit that Fallen is much like the Black Album as far as I'm concerned - a few good tracks but not something that you can happily stick on and listen to from start to finish, wheras I can happily do that with either Coma Lies or In A Reverie (Lacuna Coil) or Oceanborn, so they get marked down!

But if I come across sound asleep in my travels, I'll give it a listen.
    (You can all go back to posting pictures of Amy Lee with not-too-many clothes on now if you like...)

Why not just keep the pics of Tarja coming? My future wife deserves some recognition! ;)

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Why not just keep the pics of Tarja coming? My future wife deserves some recognition! ;)

she's already married

Not in Las Vegas! :D

amy>Christina Scabbia>tarja for looks :)

but not something that you can happily stick on and listen to from start to finish
    i disagree, i think i'm addicted but i suppose i have a playlist and it's not all the album together.their other stuff is better.Still though,i think fallen is fantastic.

she kicks the hole off tarja anyway.. not as good as amy :)

• Advertisement

Advertisement