Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evanescence

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

you only put up one of tarja....all the better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Just got 'Fallen' on my computer... it's a bit dull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

have to say i entered this thread expecting 2 people to be discussing amy lee's vocal range... but i'm not glad to have clicked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

you only put up one of tarja....all the better :)

Really? Google = lies & damn lies?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

the first tarja link is to amy lee,the second works and the third brings up a picture of 'hosted by tripod'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

well tarja is hosted by tripod... isn't she? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nirina

woah!! man i haven't posted here in ages, sorry! Anyways, any news so? Ev have announced the new alb is defo to be released in early March 2006. Ain't that great? but there aren't any Irish-gig dates for them in the future!! :mad: It's so annoying, they've had 2 world tours, but managae to skip Dublin each time..*sigh* hopefully they won't again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Well there's no point spending fortunes lugging your gear over and staff, and not being able to sell enough tickets. They make these judgements based on album sales, so either go out and buy 15,000 copies or go to England (cheaper option! :p).

I'd say it has more to do with promoters who are willing to stump up the fees than album sales. Clearly none of the promoters here are sufficiently interested in taking [STRIKE]Nightwish[/STRIKE] Evanescence to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 PAINLESS

i prefer nightwish to ev. dont get me wrong i love Ev and amy's style... but tarjas got a more powerful varied and graceful voice than amy it just does stuff to me.. i know it comes down to taste at the end of the day operatic metal is a rather bizarre dish but it still tastes good! amy is definetly more "metal" than tarja..and she has bigger chats :D
    ive seen NW twice now both have been amazing gigs but havent seen Ev....yet. might see them next time they play london or glasgow!
    its **** the way promoters here "screen" bands i remember not too long ago when bands like slipknot, marilyn manson etc, werent let in the country on "religous and moral" grounds.. bull****!
    i know the bands themselves wont come here if their fanbase is too small and its not gonna be profitable to them but it should be up to us the loyal fan to accept or reject the band.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Evanescence played other European countries on their tour last year and they played large venues in each country, now if they came here I doubt threy'd be filling the Point, so I'd say the promoters didnt want to have them playing a small venue in one country and in stadia everywhere else-although Nightwish played the Astoria in London while selling out huge arenas all over Europe. It sucks how we've to travel overseas to see bands-it costs a lot. I've travelled to London twice this year for Nightwish. Well when Ev are touring with their next album, maybe Ireland will pop up on their radar, if not, it'll be another costly trip to the UK for me

Hmm yes i would love to see both but they are never in Ireland and it would be a combination of being poor and not knowing anybody that likes these bands that would stop me from going to britain..mostly the latter...

Nightwish wrote:
    It sucks how we've to travel overseas to see bands-it costs a lot. I've travelled to London twice this year for Nightwish. Well when Ev are touring with their next album, maybe Ireland will pop up on their radar, if not, it'll be another costly trip to the UK for me

For one gig - yes. But if you're going to a festival it's often both cheaper and more entertaining to travel overseas. Maybe not in 2006, when there's going to be a "Battle of the festivals" in Ireland, but this year, for example, last year I went to Germany for a 3 day festival, and a friend went to Oxegen. And my festival was only €50 more expensive overall, with a better lineup, better weather, food and delicious German beer.

Ye i think a festival might be the way,download or furyfest this year and hopefully some of the bands i like will stop by in dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 PAINLESS

Hmm yes i would love to see both but they are never in Ireland and it would be a combination of being poor and not knowing anybody that likes these bands that would stop me from going to britain..mostly the latter...

it is quite expensive yeah but if your not partial to stayin in hostels or bnbs etc you can shave a few bucks off
    and im pretty sure you could pull together a crowd from here to go i wouldve loved to have met some more irish goin to those gigs!

Hmm, i guess i could go to england for a few days for a gig! That'd be so much fun too!! I know, i think Dublin/Ireland doesn't have a big enough venue for these huge bands, but then again better bands have played here without complaints. Personally, i prefer a small venue coz you don't get crushed too easily! :p Other than that i hope Ev come to Dublin at least once before the end.

Maybe not in 2006, when there's going to be a "Battle of the festivals" in Ireland,.
    WHAT?!?!?!?!?! :eek: explain

Steoob wrote:
    WHAT?!?!?!?!?! :eek: explain

Currently MCD own the Irish festival scene, with Oxegen, and this year Electric Picnic caught them off their guard. And Aiken are putting weight behind Electric Picnic next year: this year's EP had really good facilities and a great atmosphere, and next year you can expect it to have even better lineup too.

You can be sure MCD aren't going to give up the title of Oxegen as Ireland's "main" festival without a fight, you can expect them to invest heavily in a big lineup...

will there be any metal festivals tho? hmmm.. anyway ya..
    Steoob wrote:
    you know how to make this thread go way past 200? make it into an Amy Lee picture posting thread.... plllleeeeeeaaassse haha

I AM GOD hehe

• Advertisement

On the Amy VS Tarja, its quite a tough decision. Coz both of them are gorgeous girlies, but i think Amy Lee is more..i dunno; rock? Wereas Tarja's more elegant. So it'd be hard to say one of em. But Tarja's voice is excellent..espec with the whole metal-opera thing. :)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'd give the two of them one. ;)

Guess i would just give Amy two..... (:

Okies! So what's y'all's fav Ev song?

Don't really know at all.Listening to haunted live on anywhere but home at the moment and it's really good,i'll say that so.fickle? me?

Ok cool. I wouldn't know my fav Ev song either, coz there are so many good ones, and so many great ones! But i'd list at least Missing, Breathe No More, Hello, Surrender, I Must Be Dreaming, Taking Over Me, Tourniquet as a few of my favs :p

Understanding is their best IMO

Really? i think it's an "ok" song, tho it's very long! I also like their instrumental ones, they're wicked

its fantastic because its long-very easy to listen to and melancholic then the guitars kick in, and it fu<kin' rocks. Fantastic lyrics too. The choral song "Listen to The Rain" is pretty cool, except everytime I listen to it, it starts raining

• Advertisement

what is it off...i dont believe i have heard it...

Advertisement